Does anyone else think Duke Nukem Forever will suck balls of steel?

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Again, I would steep to your level, but I am not an asshat like you. In my openion, you have no taste if you think a game trying to make everyone as immature as they were 15 will be smiled upon by the rest of media consumers, your the wrong one. How come games like Half Life sold 6 times more than Duke Nukem 3D? Because the game was actually playable on a "I am not a troll/kid" level.
Oh my the spelling, it hurts my eyes. The trouble is, you don't understand that Duke is parody, you think he is intended to be something more than that, not having played any of them I guess that is understandable, sort of... Anyway I can't explain it to you, hell teachers couldn't even teach you to spell. As a side note making judgments about games you have never played including Duke Nukem 3D and the side scrolling games either, I imagine, makes you the "asshat". What does Half Life have to do with any of this by the way? You know that Duke Nukem 3D was released in 1996 and Half Life in 1998 correct? Who am I kidding, probably not. Also post the sales charts from that time period would make an interesting read, or did you make all that up? Never mind I know the answer... XD
Grammer Nazi arround here. And yes, I did get my info from videogame post sales charts. And what diffrence does 2 years make? And yes, I understand the game is a parody, but it is an old joke that people think will be a good idea to bring back to life, even though they no it isn't funny anymore. Grow up, man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_video_games#cite_note-valve-8
To retaliate my expect comback of you, both half life and duke nukem have sorces of where the information was recived from.
I'm sorry, but with the logic you're using and the link you posted, that means The Sims is the absolute best thing ever. And the Sims is closer to Duke than it is to Half-Life.
No, absolutely not. I am saying if Duke Nukem was as great as how he is glorifying it, why does it appear so far down on the list?
The hell should I know, doesn't make it any less good though.
In most cases no, But the factor of why it didn't sell so greatly, is because of it's nature.
Not the factor. A factor. Though my question to you is what makes you think that we are in a "serious" age of gaming? It's more like a "Copy Call Of Duty as much as you can" kind of age.
I said "The factor" because that was the one that stunned it from sales. Other than that, It was a good shooter.
You avoided my question.
Sorry if I seemed like a polotition there, I was too focused on pardoning my grammer. I don't think we are in a serious age of gaming, But it is more serious than Duke Nukem will ever be. And look arround, there are a couple shooters diffirent than COD, but I get what you are saying.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I would like it if it was interesting and unique, but in all likelihood it's probably just going to be an FPS with bits of nostalgia sprinkled on it.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
[Gavo said:
]Duke Nukem Forever will not suck balls of steel.

Rather, you will suck its majestic balls of steel.

(Picture from Gamesradar)

On Topic: Dude, the game is a joke. It's meant to be that way. Have you ever played the originals?
I never played them in depth, but I have played them. The point I am trying to make is that people aren't that immature anymore, and that was what the game was built on.
You severely misunderstand many people then

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
solidstatemind said:
Troll thread is troll thread.

Jesus, if you don't like the game (even though it isn't out yet), fucking feel free to not buy it. But seriously, what- exactly- is the purpose of starting a "Who thinks it will suck?" thread? Except to try to start an argument?

Grow up. If you're not interested, that's fine. Don't try to start meaningless Internet fights about opinions, however. All you succeed in accomplishing is making yourself look like a troll.
I don't even think your deserving of a proper reply, But I wanted to see what people think of the game so far, I want to know if anyone thinks this will be good. Did you not read my last line? "...What do you think"

I want people's openions, and I stated mine, I never fought with anyone on there liking of the game, unless they were a jerk.
Uhm, just a quick question: how much schooling have you had? Because the very TITLE of your post is antagonistic.

...Which was my exact point: the premise of this thread is "Duke Nuke 'Em: Forever will suck." If you really had any interest in soliciting honest opinions, you wouldn't have broached the subject in such a way.

But because you chose to express it in the terms that you did, you are either clueless about how to start an earnest discussion, or you were intentionally trying to start an argument.

So which is it? Dumb, or belligerent? Either way, you're trolling. Sorry, kid, but that's the facts.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
I never played them in depth, but I have played them. The point I am trying to make is that people aren't that immature anymore, and that was what the game was built on.
This one, I think, will be bought for two things. The first is nostalgia, the second is comic relief. How many shooters out there today are about serious conflicts, things that can happen in real life? Answer: Most of them.

It's like Saint's Row II and No More Heroes: It's so ridiculous that you can't help but love it, even if it looks relatively crappy, graphics-wise.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
solidstatemind said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
solidstatemind said:
Troll thread is troll thread.

Jesus, if you don't like the game (even though it isn't out yet), fucking feel free to not buy it. But seriously, what- exactly- is the purpose of starting a "Who thinks it will suck?" thread? Except to try to start an argument?

Grow up. If you're not interested, that's fine. Don't try to start meaningless Internet fights about opinions, however. All you succeed in accomplishing is making yourself look like a troll.
I don't even think your deserving of a proper reply, But I wanted to see what people think of the game so far, I want to know if anyone thinks this will be good. Did you not read my last line? "...What do you think"

I want people's openions, and I stated mine, I never fought with anyone on there liking of the game, unless they were a jerk.
Uhm, just a quick question: how much schooling have you had? Because the very TITLE of your post is antagonistic.

...Which was my exact point: the premise of this thread is "Duke Nuke 'Em: Forever will suck." If you really had any interest in soliciting honest opinions, you wouldn't have broached the subject in such a way.

But because you chose to express it in the terms that you did, you are either clueless about how to start an earnest discussion, or you were intentionally trying to start an argument.

So which is it? Dumb, or belligerent? Either way, you're trolling. Sorry, kid, but that's the facts.
Either way, you are trolling, deliberately trying to absorb my time. I have started a fight with one person on here for being a jerk, no one else.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009

I think it's going to be just fine, and I think you don't understand what Duke Nukem games are for. You might as well be complaining about a Starfox game because the whole game happens in an Arwing, or Serious Sam because it didn't have a deep plot or something.

TheEvilJester

Nov 18, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Again, I would steep to your level, but I am not an asshat like you. In my openion, you have no taste if you think a game trying to make everyone as immature as they were 15 will be smiled upon by the rest of media consumers, your the wrong one. How come games like Half Life sold 6 times more than Duke Nukem 3D? Because the game was actually playable on a "I am not a troll/kid" level.
Oh my the spelling, it hurts my eyes. The trouble is, you don't understand that Duke is parody, you think he is intended to be something more than that, not having played any of them I guess that is understandable, sort of... Anyway I can't explain it to you, hell teachers couldn't even teach you to spell. As a side note making judgments about games you have never played including Duke Nukem 3D and the side scrolling games either, I imagine, makes you the "asshat". What does Half Life have to do with any of this by the way? You know that Duke Nukem 3D was released in 1996 and Half Life in 1998 correct? Who am I kidding, probably not. Also post the sales charts from that time period would make an interesting read, or did you make all that up? Never mind I know the answer... XD
Grammer Nazi arround here. And yes, I did get my info from videogame post sales charts. And what diffrence does 2 years make? And yes, I understand the game is a parody, but it is an old joke that people think will be a good idea to bring back to life, even though they no it isn't funny anymore. Grow up, man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_video_games#cite_note-valve-8
To retaliate my expect comback of you, both half life and duke nukem have sorces of where the information was recived from.
I'm sorry, but with the logic you're using and the link you posted, that means The Sims is the absolute best thing ever. And the Sims is closer to Duke than it is to Half-Life.
No, absolutely not. I am saying if Duke Nukem was as great as how he is glorifying it, why does it appear so far down on the list?
The hell should I know, doesn't make it any less good though.
In most cases no, But the factor of why it didn't sell so greatly, is because of it's nature.
Not the factor. A factor. Though my question to you is what makes you think that we are in a "serious" age of gaming? It's more like a "Copy Call Of Duty as much as you can" kind of age.
I said "The factor" because that was the one that stunned it from sales. Other than that, It was a good shooter.
You avoided my question.
Sorry if I seemed like a polotition there, I was too focused on pardoning my grammer. I don't think we are in a serious age of gaming, But it is more serious than Duke Nukem will ever be. And look arround, there are a couple shooters diffirent than COD, but I get what you are saying.
I honestly don't understand what memory has to do with grammar but ok. Duke Nukem isn't supposed to be serious, and to judge it by that standard is pretty stupid. And then to say that it has no appeal anymore because people are more serious now is also false. I know a hell of a lot of people on games like Halo and Gears that would probably love Duke Nukem for its nature. And I read somewhere once that CliffyB wanted Gears to be a humorous series because of the over the top blood and gore in the game.

Quick what do you think of MAD?

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Zaik said:

I think it's going to be just fine, and I think you don't understand what Duke Nukem games are for. You might as well be complaining about a Starfox game because the whole game happens in an Arwing, or Serious Sam because it didn't have a deep plot or something.

But not because of the game.

OT:
My point is that they sort of doomed themselves to a buyer amount of the people who still like the old game.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Hello,
I got the escapist today
Wait what? How long have you been out of the loop? DNF was announced by Gearbox that they were gonna be bringing it up to speed and finishing it ages ago. It was officially announced around the summer time last year suggesting development probably started near the end of 2009/beginning of 2010. Also not much details concerning the gameplay have been released yet apart from the trailers and that one demo but theres a lot we don't know about the game apart from the fact its finally coming out. Also why does a game have to have online to be good? Its Duke Nukem for god's sake!

Anyway my opinion is this game is going to be amazing and that I hope they put the Balls of Steel CE on Amazon.co.uk so I can order it post-haste. Unless anyone knows whether the US version is going to be region free like the Fallout: New Vegas CE was.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
I would never by it, unless the game is exceptional in every aspect.
and thats the attitude that will kill the game for most people...

anyway, the games gonna be awesome

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I could care less about the game.

It has an EGO meter for its health system.

SOLD AND SOLD

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Nile McMorrow said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Hello,
I got the escapist today
Wait what? How long have you been out of the loop? DNF was announced by Gearbox that they were gonna be bringing it up to speed and finishing it ages ago. It was officially announced around the summer time last year suggesting development probably started near the end of 2009/beginning of 2010. Also not much details concerning the gameplay have been released yet apart from the trailers and that one demo but theres a lot we don't know about the game apart from the fact its finally coming out. Also why does a game have to have online to be good? Its Duke Nukem for god's sake!

Anyway my opinion is this game is going to be amazing and that I hope they put the Balls of Steel CE on Amazon.co.uk so I can order it post-haste. Unless anyone knows whether the US version is going to be region free like the Fallout: New Vegas CE was.
I never bothered to look in depth to the game, I just saw a thing for the balls of steel edition on the front page today.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Palademon said:
You found out about this today?
I think it looks good. I think the graphics suit it, and I thought being silly and over the top was supposed to be it's theme. So yeah, tits and dicks.
From what we've heard of the preview the escapist had, it sounds good.
Yeah, I've been caught up in saving money and school. But it seems really silly for todays gaming.
I think that's DNFs point though. To be silly. To be nuts. There are way too many shooters with way too much drama today, and DNF yearns to brink back the crazy cathartic shooter genre that I miss in this day and age. You may not like it, but not all games are for everyone.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
This will be my last post on it.
I got why people would want to get the game, But i still don't think it will be good.

Now I want Pie.

M4A1Sopmod

Oct 1, 2010
Eh, I doubt its gonna be a world shaker, but I may play it for the novelty. Probably at a friends first before committing to buy it. In the end the plain truth is that it looks like a game that should have taken a single year to make and will probably be a teaming heap of glitches and gameplay oversights.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Either way, you are trolling, deliberately trying to absorb my time. I have started a fight with one person on here for being a jerk, no one else.
Uhm, no. Laying aside 'wasting time' (because this is a fucking web forum, and participation here is- by definition- wasting time), you have not addressed my statement.

You may think that you have 'only argued with one person' here, but by definition, you engaged in an argument with anyone who was looking forward to the game simply by the title that you gave the thread. Are you really too dense to not understand that?

THAT was my point: the very title of this thread is not eliciting a discussion, it is inherently soliciting support that the game will 'suck' or an angry response that you are wrong. That sort of behavior is considered 'trolling'.

As I said in the beginning, if you really were interested in soliciting opinions, you would've made the thread title something like "Is DNF is going to be a good game or a bad game?" rather than the explicitly negative way you put it.

So, I'm sorry, but you're wrong- as far as I can tell, you're just spoiling for an argument... and regardless of whether it's civil or not, it's still trolling. Knock yourself out. Just don't expect too many people to take you seriously when your name is a variant of 'Master Chief' and you make what appears to be argumentative statements (and I don't mean just on the Internet, for the latter.)

May 5, 2010
Megacherv said:
Rule 1 of The Escapist:

You are NEVER the only one
It's called hyperbole and it's a perfectly acceptable use of language. Get used to it.

Anyway, I really don't have an opinion on the matter. Never played the originals, so I really don't have a stake in the new one. I mean, I HOPE it's good. But that's mainly because I'm sick of these almost-realistic shooters.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Am I hearing this right? We're living in a "mature" age of gaming? HA! I've never heard such delusions in all my time on this site.

Mature games? Like what? Pick one game in your *played recently* list and allow me to crush any sense of superiority you seem to have over the last generation. The amount of tripe currently oozing like puss out of the industry makes me sad when I think that people like you think the industry has grown up.

I swear, the notion that you are somehow more mature then the last generation is rife with irony.

Duke Nukem 3D was one of the finest old school shooters more then capable of rivaling its FPS brothers of the time. Even in that context it was an immature romp. What's more, it was a parody. This however, does not stand to Duke Nukem Forever. It needs to be released before I can judge it myself.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
thirion1850 said:
It will be a washed up, brown FPS with possibly more weapons than teeth, and a load of tits. There are 3 reasons a person would buy this:
1) Curious about the fuss.
2) Ejaculates at the mere mention of Duke Nukem/Fan.
3) Tits.
I am going to have to agree with that.

Duke was a bit before my time and the little experience i have with him is rather mediocre, so why would this be any different? Of course, that is an opinion.