Does life get better?

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
I was wondering.
Because my life is fantastic now (I'm in high school, year 10).
I just spent the last few hours kissing (and more) my dream girl in a field, and god it was perfect in every way.
And I'm pretty worried that it will only go down from here.
So my question is to all those who had a good teenager-time. Does it get better after high school? Or is this the best part of my life, and it all goes down hill from here?
Yes. My mind is working over time from the happiness. Sorry. I'm just slightly worried.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Well, for me, personally, I'm just starting college, and so far I'm enjoying it more than my high school years. Granted, it's still early, but now I can take courses in subjects that truly interest me and meet people who are interested in those same subjects. I'm meeting a lot of really cool people and having a great time learning about the things I'm passionate about. So I'd say yea, it does get better, at least for a while.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I...was expecting a very different tone to this thread, given the title, TBH.

Anyways, to make a sweeping generalisation, life isn't easily quantafied as good or bad, it's just how you feel about it.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Completely depends on you. Maybe you'll have your heart broken and go into a depressive state?
Maybe you'll go on to college, find a job you enjoy and a partner you love.

There's no telling.

There's no particular reason that it should go down from here though.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
It really depends on what you make of it. If you stagnate and become a sad shell of a man like I've seen before then in your 40s you'll pathetically look back on the high school years and exclaim how good it was and you won't shut up about it. If you make the best of what you can and keep pushing forward(especially university if you go there) then you'll look back and high school will be pretty "Meh" to you.

Oh, and if you're worried about things going down hill specifically with how this day went(concerning the dream girl and all), smart money is on that it will. At least for awhile. But it will come back up later. Life is a roller coaster, even though it does get better overall later.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
ScoopMeister said:
Since I'm not aquainted with High School, how old does being in year 10 make you?
Assuming he is in tenth grade that would make him a sophmore. People in that grade tend to be 15 or so.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
its what the hell you make out of it...

nothing more to add to it without going on and babbling endlessly about perspective, really...

EDIT: almost forgot...

congrats on making a (wet) dream come true!

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
It really depends. Overall I would say I am enjoying life enough right now. With more pleasure though, comes much more responsibility, and more tough times.

Thisbedutch

Apr 23, 2009
Canid117 said:
ScoopMeister said:
Since I'm not aquainted with High School, how old does being in year 10 make you?
Assuming he is in tenth grade that would make him a sophmore. People in that grade tend to be 15 or so.
In the UK year 10 is the second to last year of high school - so about 15.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Sharalon said:
Nothing ever gets better...

You'll die miserable like everyone else.
Woah! Don't get too optimistic chum! /sarcasm

OT: I suppose it's what you make of it really.

brant0

Jan 25, 2010
You know there is like 98% chance that this girl you are talking about break your heart at some time or another, ending with you making a topic here with the exact same title.

Oh, and college is far better. Far.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
It depends on how you deal with it to be perfectly honest with you. And you know what they say about lemons right?

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Canid117 said:
ScoopMeister said:
Thank you very much. System's very different here in England.

Feb 14, 2008
Count Igor said:
I was wondering.
Because my life is fantastic now (I'm in high school, year 10).
I just spent the last few hours kissing (and more) my dream girl in a field, and god it was perfect in every way.
And I'm pretty worried that it will only go down from here.
So my question is to all those who had a good teenager-time. Does it get better after high school? Or is this the best part of my life, and it all goes down hill from here?
Yes. My mind is working over time from the happiness. Sorry. I'm just slightly worried.
Considering that I am what equates to about a 12'th year high school/1st year college student, and my Easter holidays has been spent doing pretty much the same, I'd say it depends entirely on whether you want it to be better or not.

Seriously, you have life in front of you, don't think like this. Enjoy your girl ;)

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
Yeah it totally does = D. What you're feeling now probably won't even compare to what you've got coming. Don't get me wrong there's gonna be some seriously bad stuff there to but it's worth it.