Doner Kebabs!

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
*snort* hearing the drunken ramblings of the people stumbling back from the two pubs in this stupid village I can only imagine that half of them are heading to our one and only kebab shop right now. Personally I'm quite the ice-cream person when hammered. I dunno what part of alcohol awakens my need for ice-cream, maybe it's the acidic qualities needing soothing but one night on the streets of Portugal, I was drunk, and I needed Ice-cream, and I went on a goddamn quest to find a suitable one.

Best icecream I ever ate. Banana flavor.

Kebabs and me don't get along. Dunno what it is.
Shawarma's on the other hand. Mmmm Mmmm. Get a big ol' pot of hummus with it and just eat.
(Note I have eaten the latter in it's country of origin and have a superior experience with it.)

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Kababs are merely what the weak Turks call Souvlaki. Which is a Greek thing and the best food ever.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
zumbledum said:
Its a sheep product, a very heavily spiced and processed sheep. we used to sell it at my pizza shop , the fat that thing puts out you wouldnt believe! People taste is quite similar to pork btw.
To be more specific, döner kebab is usually lamb, though it can actually be any kind of meat or fish (pork is pretty rare, given it's origins in Islamic countries). I'm not entirely sure about this, but the fattiness is supposedly to keep the meat from drying out.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
good thing about those: they are the best fast food ever.
bad thing: as soon as i leave berlin they get either shitty or really expensive.

oh and have a bunch of ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖs
forall you people without them on your keyboard.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
1. I'm pretty sure that's a gyro you pictured, not a kebab.
2. It's New York food. As America is New York's country, and Britain is on America's planet.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
rhizhim said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Thank you doner kebab.

You're a hero.
and when you thought all the credit of the drunken wartimes would go to Shawarma....
We call that Chicken Donner, also a staple of drunken eating. though not for the faint of heart.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ah, you Englishmen and your kebabs...What, are you on a diet? Trying to get in shape for swimsuit season? I mean, you've not even deep-fried anything. Come to Glasgow and treat yourself to a pizza crunch...

If you order two at once in most chip shops you get a free place on the transplant list at the Royal Infirmary.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Souplex said:
1. I'm pretty sure that's a gyro you pictured, not a kebab.
2. It's New York food. As America is New York's country, and Britain is on America's planet.
It's not New York food, it's Chicago food.

New York serves it out of sketchy little metal carts. Chicago serves it in actual structures in a slot on the menu between the italian beef (meat and more meat dunked in meat juice. You can ask for cheese, but they will judge you hard) and the pizza puff (deep fried pizza, fries, and a drink for $4? yes please). Don't try to bogart Chicago's dominance of all things involving meat on bread. All true gyro dispensaries also have this woman's seal of approval.

Chicago pizza is also far superior, but that's another topic

UltraDeth

Nov 2, 2010
I love Donor Kebabs and I don't drink heavily. The kebab is a masterpiece of catering, a true greasy indulgence. One of the joys of being British is our love of foreign products (Indian curries, Turkish kebabs, Chinese noodles, the list goes on)

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Without a doubt, this food is not only approved by the gods, but heartily encouraged by them.

NortherWolf

Jun 26, 2008
In Sweden we usually just call it kebab, though I've seen a few places using the correct name...And if you're lucky, it is the food of the gods! Cheap, delicious and absolutely perfect. I know a place in a small town caleld Nässjö that makes the damn best Doner kebab I've ever had.

ItsNotRudy

Mar 11, 2013
Shaving? 0: British Turks aren't half as manly as Dutch Turks, over here they cut it with a sword!

Oct 2, 2012
Dude, rock fucking on! I'm stuck in the States and we don't have any good fucking kebab places (or decent booze) anywhere. Least not in Jersey.
But man I had these Turkish neighbors that homemade that shit and damn it was heaven while I was sober! I went there many a time while drunk and I will testify about its alcoholic death impeding qualities.

Man I miss having non-American neighbors. They made the best food and just handed that shit our for free! I want some damn kebab now. And lots of cheap vodka. Why would you do this to me Daystar and Co. Dx
WHHHHYYYYYY?????

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I have myself a doner kebab at least once a week.
Possibly one of my favourite foods.
There's also a local pizza place that does doner meat pizza. That is also delicious.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
So wait, that's what a Doner Kebab is? We actually have those in the US, but they're called Gyros (pronounced euro like the currency, not gyro as in gyroscope). It's something you get from Greek restaurants, although I understand Greek and Turkish food is very similar.

I always thought it was some sort of shishkebab, those wonderful skewers of grilled meat and vegetable chunks, which come from the same part of the world and are often served in a similar way, with pita bread and that tasty white sauce and everything.

UltraPic

Dec 5, 2011
Beffudled Sheep said:
Dude, rock fucking on! I'm stuck in the States and we don't have any good fucking kebab places (or decent booze) anywhere. Least not in Jersey.
But man I had these Turkish neighbors that homemade that shit and damn it was heaven while I was sober! I went there many a time while drunk and I will testify about its alcoholic death impeding qualities.

Man I miss having non-American neighbors. They made the best food and just handed that shit our for free! I want some damn kebab now. And lots of cheap vodka. Why would you do this to me Daystar and Co. Dx
WHHHHYYYYYY?????
Look up kofta/kofti kebabs, they are easy to make and cook even while drunk.

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
Actually, the Döner Kebap was invented in Berlin/Germany. By a turkish man so you decide wether it's a half german or genuine turkish dish. The first döner kebaps in berlin where made with ingredients from germany so presumably they tasted like bureaucracy and failure.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
Doner kebab is amazing after a night out
Theres a place near where I live that does lamb doner, chips and a drink for 4 quid and oh my god its amazing

ItsNotRudy

Mar 11, 2013
Owyn_Merrilin said:
So wait, that's what a Doner Kebab is? We actually have those in the US, but they're called Gyros (pronounced euro like the currency, not gyro as in gyroscope). It's something you get from Greek restaurants, although I understand Greek and Turkish food is very similar.
Doner Kebab is lamb though, Gyros is pork.