Don't hit a girl?

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Legion said:
I swear we get one of these every few months. Do people on here spend a lot of time contemplating when they might be allowed to hit girls?
Very true, when it all comes down to it we aren't the most original bunch :/

As for the whole hitting girls thing my view is this. I don't want to hit anyone, I actually tend to let people hit me once and go for the don't react route. Moreover as a guy I'm just naturally stronger than most women so I feel I wouldn't need to hit a girl to stop them hitting me and chances are I'd/she'd have friends holding them back after a first punch anyway.

In an extreme case though, yeah. Though that applies to guys also.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
It's cute, all the people trying to stay PC by saying it's bad to hit anyone, as if that isn't already a given. However I think it's naïve to say that it's NEVER circumstantially appropriate to hit a person, so the question then is whether you'd hit a woman in all the same situations you'd hit a man.

For me, while I have no moral objections to going full on Nicolas Cage

I probably wouldn't, just out of social conditioning and the knowledge of how I'll be perceived by others if I hit a female. There are still situations when I'd hit a girl, but it would take a lot more pressure than it would to make me hit a guy. Sorry dudes.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Let me just say that most of the women I know could shrug off any hit I could give and return it twofold without a single shred of hesitation. The rest could and would hold their own if faced with some form of fight. As such I feel no hesitation in hitting a girl so long as she instigates the fight, just like I would any other person.

I mean more often than not I choose not to fight if faced with such a scenario, regardless of gender, but when it comes down to it I am not going to take a beating just because the person striking is a girl.

I do think that most of the people who would "never hit a girl" have never really been on that receiving end of someone that used such a social stigma as a shield while they mercilessly bullied someone else.

LegendaryVKickr

Jul 20, 2012
Angelous Wang said:
Don't hit women is out of date standard from pre women's rights days when women couldn't fight back.

These days most women can and know how to fight back.

So everyone is fair game. Especially if they start it.
I stand by this, pretty much. Nowadays, woman should be treated equal. As such, boy/girl doesn't have any impact on my decision to throw a punch. It would be a bit sexist actually to think "she's a woman, I shouldn't hit her because she can't fight back!"

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Don't escalate to violence against anyone smaller than you, male or female, but if they start shit: weapons free to finish it.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
I am not violent person, but if anyone dares to raise their hand against me, I will become a raging bull (I have some issues with that, when I get angry I can destroy people and things without that much control)

But I think in society in which everyone is and should be considered equal: they should bare the same right and consequences. No special treatment.

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
well in the obvious context of a fight, meaning there's no reasoning to this person and i can't run away (or i really do want to fight them) then yes swing away, when i used to get bullied by some girl (yeah i hated school) she attempted to attack me (and hurting me in the process) i swung my leg out and kicked her right in the stomach pretty hard

she promptly let go and proceeded to grovel in pain for awhile, lets just say i never had any more physical contact with her again

and i know its a funny argument but its hardly sexist for giving women the same consequences you would suffer if you were a man

edit, just a though i would not engage in a fight without having people witness me and back me up that i did not start fighting, while i am not saying women use the victim card willingly it can happen and would happen if i happen to cause bruises

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Obviously, avoid hitting.

But if you have to, in self-defense, the gender of your attacker shouldn't matter.

lunam-kardas

Jul 21, 2011
Everything is circumstantial, but really it should be when self defense is your only option because let's face it, people are crazy no matter what their gender.

However a good overall rule of thumb is to ask yourself WWCBD?
What Would Chris Brown Do?

If he would do it, you better not.

sweetylnumb

Sep 4, 2011
chinangel said:
I got into a discussion with my friends today and this sort of came up, and as a transgirl I made my position clear.

Don't start fights, but...

my children will be taught that if anyone takes a swing at you: boy or girl, that they have my blessing to fight back. My belief is that anyone who decides to get physical has to be prepared to accept the consequences of their actions.

Is this a minority or 'incorrect' view? Or would you agree with this stance?

discuss
Tottaly. If a girl tries to hit you, maybe not punch her in the jaw (don't want to get arrested after all), but at least give her a decent slap in the face. :)

The Ubermensch

Mar 6, 2012
In self defense AND they are actually a threat, like they have a knife or have some weight behind their attack. Most girls... If I was to hit them back after they hit me I would destroy them with a single motion, generally the act of restraining a girl after they've gone crazy takes very little effort on my part and leaves bruises just from the pressure of my grip.

There is something to be said for man code and male pride.

"No man shall fistfight a woman. This is a lose-lose situation. If you win, you're a woman beater. If you lose, it's the end of your manliness. Even women deemed honorary men are off limits when fighting.

Caveat: If a woman hits a man like a man (hard, in the face, with a closed fist)she should expect to be hit back like a man. The retaliation is limited to one(1) blow. The woman's initial attack must be witnessed by impartial individuals or mutual friends. If the man taunts the woman into hitting him, the rule does not apply. This rule is VERY dangerous to invoke, as your manliness is in serious jeopardy if utilized incorrectly.

On a related note, it is also wise to avoid any manly games against a woman.(Drinking games, arm wrestling, etc) When you compete against a woman, your manliness will be permanently tarnished if she wins. The exception to this rule is when a man purposely loses in order build self-esteem in the woman with the intended goal of sexual activity later in the evening.

A man can never win a fight that he started with a woman. A man can never win a fight that he didnt start with a woman."

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Well it isn't exactly right to hit anyone, regardless of gender, is it? The whole "violence against women" thing should be re-named to "violence against people in general". That said, you have the right to defend yourself, so if someone, man or woman, hits you, you have the right (in my mind) to hit them back until they stop.

Simple really.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
BathorysGraveland2 said:
Well it isn't exactly right to hit anyone, regardless of gender, is it? The whole "violence against women" thing should be re-named to "violence against people in general". That said, you have the right to defend yourself, so if someone, man or woman, hits you, you have the right (in my mind) to hit them back until they stop.

Simple really.
Unfortunately what you or I think doesn't matter, the fact the woman started it doesn't usually matter. The law often sides with the woman because the law is sexist, and you will be the one arrested not her, except in extreme circumstances. People wonder why feminism is hated so much, well this is why, the law is sexist against men to an extreme extent, although this does depend on location in general men get screwed royally.

EDIT: I haven't gotten in a fight yet and would prefer not to, honestly I'm actually concerned I could do more damage than I realize. Regardless, if I ever do get into a fight, it'd be because someone else starts it and regardless of who they are I will finish it, using the minimum force possible. I'd try to restrain them rather than hurt them, let the police deal with the twit.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Queen Michael said:
I'd explain it to you, but mr. Booster Gold does a great job of it, so I'll let him show how I feel about this. Mr. Gold?

Thank you.
That's a hysterical picture, who's Booster fighting by the way?

OT: I just greet everyone I meet for the first time with a quick slug to the jaw; then I inform them that's future reference for what it will feel like if they fight me. Oddly though I still end up fighting them not moments later, I wonder if it's something I've said...

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
My general rules are:
1-Physical force is rarely a good solution, find some different option
2-If physical force is required a stronger person should in the overwhelming majority of cases be able to restrain or subdue a weaker person without blows.

It's not about sex or gender, it's about relative strength/combat effectiveness.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Well, yeah, as long as you don't take it too far, that goes for either sex. It really depends how much they seem prepared to dish out. You don't shoot somebody unless you're sure your life is in danger, as an example.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
I get a strong sense of zeal from a few contributors when this subject is brought up. Like some folks are just waiting for an excuse.

Also, I can't help but chuckle at all the hardmen in the audience. I imagine a few folk might have the competence to back it up, but I think most stem from fantasies and delusions of grandeur.

Personally I wouldn't resort to violence at all. If a situation arose that there are no alternatives to violence... well, I guess I'm fucked.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
If it's a choice between sitting there and taking a beating like a punching bag, or fighting back, I'm obviously going to take the 'fighting back' option.

Afterall, they're the aggressor, not me.
Legion said:
I swear we get one of these every few months. Do people on here spend a lot of time contemplating when they might be allowed to hit girls?
I think it's more a case of people on here wanting to get thread badges, so they go looking at past threads that have done well, and remake them.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
KeyMaster45 said:
Queen Michael said:
I'd explain it to you, but mr. Booster Gold does a great job of it, so I'll let him show how I feel about this. Mr. Gold?

Thank you.
That's a hysterical picture, who's Booster fighting by the way?

OT: I just greet everyone I meet for the first time with a quick slug to the jaw; then I inform them that's future reference for what it will feel like if they fight me. Oddly though I still end up fighting them not moments later, I wonder if it's something I've said...
Maybe they take issue with your form?

I know some people are experts at fighting and maybe they think your swing isn't up to snuff and want to correct you. It's very kind of them really.

OT: Speaking as a lady, if anyone takes a swing at me they better expect to have intimate relations with my fist to their face.

I don't understand that concept these days, way back in the day maybe, but not now.