Don't hit a girl?

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
General rule of thumb, I hope, is to not hit anyone unless severely prompted. And even then, don't really want to escalate things yourself - you don't want to engage in a fight, usually - so... yeah.

No matter who it is. Try not to be in a fight. Fights 'r bad and they hurt people 'n junk.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Queen Michael said:
I'd explain it to you, but mr. Booster Gold does a great job of it, so I'll let him show how I feel about this. Mr. Gold?

Thank you.
That's a hysterical picture, who's Booster fighting by the way?
He's fighting a member of the Royal Flush Gang. I think her name is Ten. If you want to check it out for yourself that picture is from volume one of J.D. Matteis' and Keith Giffen's Justice League run. Good stuff, good stuff.

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
I'm quite partial to some good old fashioned woman beating myself. Nothing quite like watching some smug broad go spinning after a good smack on the cheek. Ah, such a wonderful sport.

Thr33X

Aug 23, 2013
I'm gonna get heat from this I'm sure but...

I can't stand double standards. Women want equal rights, well if they're bold enough to raise a hand, fist or blunt object at me with intention of inflicting bodily harm, all chivalry gets thrown right into the back pocket while I backhand, forehand, right hook, left cross, etc. Not that I'm glorifying it, but I've been in a few situations where it was either strike or be hurt/humiliated...and when that happens I'm like Under Armour- "Protect This House".

Back to the double standard though, I can see how some say it's morally "wrong" to hit a woman, but it's just as wrong to hit a child or another man, and in the most common cases of those instances it's discipline for children and self defense for another man. But OH MY GOD HE HIT A WOMAN WHAT A MONSTER HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF YOU ASSHOLE!!! You have some women who even use that as a crutch to push a man's buttons...raring up at him, and he does nothing he's "not a real man" but if he does then he's a monster.

Screw that.

If I'm PHYSICALLY threatened, not verbally but physically, all bets are off. If a woman says she's going to attack me, I do nothing. If she actually tries to, I react by restraint and if she persists...she asked for it.

May 29, 2011
Kevlar Eater said:
If some *****, regardless of gender, wanna throw down with me, I'll gladly fight. I could use the combat experience.
"Looks at macho comment."

"Looks at avatar."

"Looks at macho comment."

"Looks at avatar."

"Bursts out laughing."

I very genuinely hope that was sarcasm.

May 29, 2011
Topsider said:
I was raised not to hit girls. Still believe in not hitting girls. Pretending there isn't a difference in the distribution of muscle mass is fun and all, but doesn't reflect reality.
What if the girl is 15 cm taller than you and a bodybuilder? And beating your friend into the ground?

Generalizations are fun and all, until you find someone who doesn't fit with statistics.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Topsider said:
I was raised not to hit girls. Still believe in not hitting girls. Pretending there isn't a difference in the distribution of muscle mass is fun and all, but doesn't reflect reality.
This, basically. Don't get me wrong, if a woman is straight up trying to physically assault me I'm not going to just take it lying down. I'll push them away or restrain them if I can, but there's a line between that kind of physical response and straight up decking someone in the face.

And yes, I'm aware that not all women are vulnerable snowflakes that need to be handled with care. I've met plenty of girls who I have no shame in admitting could beat me in a fight. In that case, it just becomes plain old stupid for me to hit them, because they can just pay me right back and then some.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Simple rule for me: Dont give people a reason to punch you to start with. When Im talking to people in person, I tend to try and avoid saying anything that may provoke a physical retort.

If they still desire to punch me though, Then I will try to avoid the punch and retreat. Afterall, I got punched in the face before, and its not fun.

Unless Im sucker punched, in which case I will respond with a likewise hook to them. Or, if the situation permits, grab them by their shoulders and rear my head back before bringing it forwards with force.

In all this, sex is not a thought to enter my mind.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Avoid fight if possible (that even goes as far as to hold him/her down so they could not attack me). If fight is unavoidable, gender does not matter, im going to hit back for as long as needed for them to stop attack me (or till they beat me to death which is more likely).

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I try not to hit anyone but if a guy starts something I'll fight back, if a girl attacks me I need to assess whether she is a girl who has had too much to drink and is not capable of causing me much harm, or some big bruiser of a girl who is about to knock out my teeth.

As a rule I try not to hit girls but I will if I am forced.

Kikosemmek

Nov 14, 2007
Call me old-fashioned, but I would never strike a woman. I did get into lots of fights when I was young, but they were always against other boys. I don't think would have hit ever a girl then, just as I can't imagine myself doing so now.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Hit only if you have to - but if you do have to, then go around and hit everybody else in the vicinity just so they all don't think your sexist/racist/etc. We wouldn't want that now would we!

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
I can't attest to how it is elsewhere in the world, but in the United States at least, even in a defensive situation, it may be a better option to just get your ass beaten by the female. Why? Legal system bias- if you're a male and defend yourself doing anything other than gentle restraint and retreat and your attacker is a female, you're far more likely to be charged then she. Of course if you can't get away, and you get your ass beaten because you're afraid of the legal repercussions of defending yourself, you're likely to be shamed into not pressing charges or not even taken seriously by the police because you 'got beaten up by a girl.'

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Sex really shouldn't factor in at all when it comes to self-defense. Sure average-wise there will be a size advantage on the male's part, but it's not like the average woman's going in swinging cause she's a complete moron. Somewhere in her mind she believe that she can win and deal significant damage, and it's outright foolish for the man to hold back against a person going all out and risk getting hurt. Obviously if the size difference is so huge that you can swat them away like a bug then sure, but more realistically the size difference won't be like that and there will be a big risk of the guy getting hurt by being passive about her being a woman.

I get that you guys are great, nice people but "restraining" is out of the question in a lot of cases. Your average guy will have little to no martial arts training and in the time they'll be trying to put a flimsy hold on the woman she will be trying do actual damage. Really the best thing to do is to end the fight asap by either getting the hell out of there or trying to end it with a good hard strike. Sooner the fight ends better for both parties. Sure she won't be happy nursing a injury and you'll probably feel guilty but that beats the hell out of the alternative of giving a woman a free pass to hurt you.

Apr 25, 2009
I've had the experience of being in a (possibly) life or death fight and I can say right now it would not have mattered if the fucked up little druggy coming up to me with a knife had been male or female, I would have done the same thing.

Context is everything, just use your bloody brain.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
Haven't been in the position I'd have to test my stance on the matter. These days whenever someone seems to want to start something I start laughing hysterically at them

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
I can't imagine a situation (for me) where it would ever come up, and I don't know what I'd do if it happened. I'd like to think I'd just restrain or intimidate them rather than have to hit them.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Don't hit a girl.

Don't hit boys either.

With men or women, depends. Violence generally isn't a good option, and I'd much rather try to run. There was one time when I hit a guy because he cornered me and acted threateningly, but it didn't help because he only acted worse afterwards and kept (sexually) harassing me.