Don't Recommend Me an Anime

Headbiter

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah, quite a lot to choose from, much of what has already been mentioned.

I really would LOVE to put Bleach and Naruto up here, but starting from a certain point I completely abandoned both animes and turned exclusively to the mangas. But considering what an absolute crap-turn THOSE took, I can only imagine the horrible clusterfucks the respective animes are today.

Bleach pretty much turned into Kubo's personal "art"-project (and you can pronounce the word art here in the most pretentious french accent that you know) and Naruto desperately tries to be DBZ. Why the fuck ever you want to be DBZ (aside from the hordes of nostalgia-fans who throw money at you) is beyond me. Which is a shame, because both series had really great premises and surprisingly mature themes and/or a varied cast of support-characters that had their own importance in the world...in contrast to, you know, everyone just being there as a stepping stone for the bloody protagonist.

One Piece on the other hand I really, really like........the manga that is. The anime....mmmmno. Most of the voices make my ears bleed and afaik it suffers from the same bugbears most famous adaptations suffer: horrible pacing and stiff animation that somehow lose to STILL pictures in terms of dynamic.

Dragon Ball Z - Holy mindfuckery. I will never, EVER understand what the thought-process was behind taking one of the most iconic manga/anime-franchises, a light-hearted martial arts-adventure with lot of wacky, fun-characters and a truly fantastic world and turning it into a generic "villain of the week"-style anime with everyone constantly looking like they're trying to hold back a shit. Oh yeah, and turning every fantastic character into a fucking alien.
And the most idiotic part? It's always hailed as a great battle-anime. And the fights are absolutely boring. Everytime you get maybe two or three punches animated, which are the usual straight hits to the face or stomach and the rest is speed-lines and laz0r-barrages. No technique, no witty maneuvers. Just speed-lines, energy blasts and one or two straight punches. Battle-manga my ass.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - NGE I...honestly I'd even recommend watching it. In my eyes it's THE prime example of a weird trend in anime, where interesting shows with nice premises and room for character development, mixed with giant robots and a heavy subtext turn into outright metaphor-humping BS. It's fascinating. It's like someone gifts you your personal space shuttle and as it is delivered to you, it falls off tracks and all you can do is watch how it rolls of the hill, crashes and burns into a giant mess of iconography. Also, the goal of Seele is to turn mankind into apple juice. Try following that logic.

Hellsing (not the OVA) - Imagine someone taking Bram Stoker's Dracula, the idea of a secret army of vampire-nazis bent on a thrid world war, a militant organization of the vatican and some of the most weirdly awesome over-the-top yet somehow working art you can imagine in manga, throws it into a blender and makes an absolutely awesome fight-fest out of it. Even giving you one of the very, VERY few Mary Sue-characters that bloody work.
Now hand it to the guys behind a panty-shot-anime.
Yeah.

And last but not least, and I really cannot believe that no one mentioned this before:

Love Hina.
To my shame, I have to admit that I actually read the manga when I was younger. No bloody clue why, though. Looking back at it it's just plain stupid. The art is stiff, the emotional parts are incredibly shallow (no feels there, folks) the nudi...the fan service is unsatisying beyond believe and oh my god the story-lines are...*shudder*.

And that's just the manga. The anime...it's just...just..

Just don't watch Love Hina. Okay? Yes, everyone likes to press the giant red button but...guys, please...don't. You will get stupid.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Techno Squidgy said:
Neverhoodian said:
Time to roast a sacred cow here:

Dragon Ball Z. Good Lord, what a boring show.

The plot moves at a glacial pace, with way too much pointless filler between fights. Even the fights themselves are tedious. The combatants spend most of the time floating in place while grimacing and yelling like they're suffering from a chronic case of constipation. What's worse, when one of them starts charging an ultimate-bullshit beam attack, the opponent does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prevent it, instead opting to stay in place and stand there all idiotic and slack-jawed. Just fly up there and punch him already, dammit!

Go watch Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged instead. It covers the main plot points more succinctly and is way more entertaining to boot.
I whole heartedly agree with this.
If you didn't watch Dragonball Z as a young 'un, don't watch it now, nostalgiaCam is just about the only thing this show has going for it.
I sort of agree, but I'll say this: Original Dragon Ball was charming as hell. Seriously.

Z was ridiculous, but I fucking love it because of nostalgia. However, Dragon Ball Kai streamlines it and actually (imo) turns it into a fairly decent anime. The plot doesn't lose itself in retarded tangents, and the voice acting is much better than the original show.

OT: Naruto and Bleach. All of my wat.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
chiggerwood said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]
Hmmm... interesting.

I've seen a ton of bad anime, but in my opinion if someone wanna watch them, so be it. I'm not one to tell people not to watch something.

However, some of the worst anime I've seen are:

Eiken [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiken_(manga)]- I can't think of a single redeeming factor for this anime. It's tasteless, unfunny, unsexy, irredeemable, disgusting trash. Everything from the one dimensional characters, awful and inconsistent animation, generic and forgettable music, terrible voice work both Japanese and English, and lack of any sort of story or plot. I've seen hentai that had more class, plot, and better animation than this vile, unwatchable garbage. If you think HighSchool of the Dead was bad with its fanservice, you'll faint if you ever decide to watch this piece of shit. This is seriously the worst anime I've ever seen. I just can't squeeze any sort of enjoyment out of this, not even ironically.

The Rebirth of Buddha [http://myanimelist.net/anime/6985/Buddha_Saitan]- It's a Buddhist propaganda film, with so little effort put into it that it feels like it should have the budget of Mars of Destruction, and aired on a religious network, but instead it has a budget and screened in theaters with an all-star Japanese voice cast. The movie feels like a bad episode of Captain Planet, but with Buddha. There's a part with an alien invasion destroying a city Independence Day-style. I am not making this up. I feel like this movie was a waste of everyone's time and money.

Apocalypse Zero [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Zero]- This anime is basically a 90s Panty and Stocking minus all the fun. It's needlessly and uncomfortably violent, and I love my gory violence. It grows increasingly graphic and perverse, and it has a hideous art style. Like Eiken, it lacks any taste whatsoever, and it's not even enjoyable for how ridiculous it is. You just feel unpleasant and disgusted watching it. It's just not a fun watch, and it's not even like the anime is taking itself too seriously, because it's not. It has a fairly goofy Super Sentai theme going. It would be at least tolerable if the story was any good, but it's not. What sort of post apocalyptic society would have their high school above ground where grotesque monsters roam around the ruins, and even have them takes trips INSIDE these ruin cities with absolutely NO protection, where said monsters can easily rip their faces off? And the schools only protection against these powerful beasts are a handful of armed grunts? Why is the main leads brother looks and shaped like a woman, but they keep referring to her as a "him" and they never mention or establish if he's a transvestite or shemale or not?

Penguindrum [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguindrum]- I literally feel like the only person who actively hate this anime. Everyone I've heard from say it's a masterpiece, and while I'm not one to tell them they're wrong, it just irritates me increasingly every time I hear this thing get praised. Yes, this is seriously one of the worst anime I've sat through, just for the amount of anger it fueled in me. It was such an infuriating sit for me. The style was repetitive, and paced painfully slow, the characters lacked any believability, the dialogue was comprised of the most trite philosophical drivel you hear in almost every anime, coming out of the mouths of every character, including the children, a flashback every five seconds, and it's clear that the anime's main concern was not to tell a cohesive, believable story, but to shove as much symbolic schlock down your throat until you choke. It throws so much twists and new plot points that not even the anime could keep up with itself. Sure, there are some nice things I can say. It made me laugh a few times, and at first I found the character behaviors to be strangely charming, but as it went on it started taking itself way too seriously, and all those good feeling quickly "disappeared" like those fucking kids in that fucking child broiler. I tried watching Revolutionary Girl Utena afterwards, which is from the same creator, because I wanted something to like, but I didn't even like that "classic"

Nerawareta Gakuen [http://myanimelist.net/anime/14293/Nerawareta_Gakuen]- This was probably the angriest I've been watching an anime since Penguindrum. The movie looks pretty, but the story was... well, there wasn't any. Not even any of the synopsis I've read can tell you what the movie's about. It's just a sequence of horribly told events. When the movie isn't boring as hell, it's bafflingly bad. The main character's an idiot, and his love interest is overly abusive even for a tsundere. The other main character is probably the most interesting but even he's forgettable, and his love interest has nothing to do with anything in the movie. There's a student council in this movie make the student council in Kill la Kill look reasonable. The film also has this strange hatred for cellphones. This was just another infuriating sit.

Those are the ones that really get on my nerves. The other bad stuff I've seen I usually enjoy for their shittiness. Such as:
Mars of Destruction
Garzey's Wing
Master of Martial Hearts
Skelter Helter
Panzer Dragoon
Sleeping with Hinako
School Days

You may not know this, but I love watching shitty anime.
I've heard of most of these and those I didn't I was able to look up with ease, EXCEPT "Sleeping with Hinako". What exactly is it? Because from what I gather it's just a girl with big boobs that sleeps and you watch her or something... I'm confused.
It's exactly that. Hinako talks to the camera, goes to sleep, and the camera ogles her body for 45 minutes. There's two dream sequences where she checks her weight, and a scene where she wakes up half asleep and kisses you (or the camera), as well as sings a lullaby, but they're brief compared to how long you watch her sleep.

Zorpheus

Aug 19, 2009
Neon Genesis Evangelion. By itself, it's a mediocre anime with a crappy ending because they ran out of money. Then they had the money to redo the ending... and still gave a crappy ending. Throw in an obsessed fandom who thinks the Anime is the Anime Messiah, and I'm so full of hate.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
[Kira Must Die said:
]Eiken [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiken_(manga)]- I can't think of a single redeeming factor for this anime. It's tasteless, unfunny, unsexy, irredeemable, disgusting trash. Everything from the one dimensional characters, awful and inconsistent animation, generic and forgettable music, terrible voice work both Japanese and English, and lack of any sort of story or plot. I've seen hentai that had more class, plot, and better animation than this vile, unwatchable garbage. If you think HighSchool of the Dead was bad with its fanservice, you'll faint if you ever decide to watch this piece of shit. This is seriously the worst anime I've ever seen. I just can't squeeze any sort of enjoyment out of this, not even ironically.
Sweet tap-dancing Jesus, I clicked on the link. How do the girls in this series not snap their spines the moment they try to stand up?

This is supposed to be an 11 year old child?! Who did their character design?

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
bluegate said:
Manji187 said:
As for the anime I wouldn't recommend; Log Horizon. Inspired by Sword Art Online, but decides to focus entirely on the gameplay aspects. Why can't people log out of the game? Who cares when there's cooking to be done! How does this game even work? Matrix-style plug-in to the neck? Who cares...when NPC's are apparently leading their own lives now!

There's only so much "just roll with it" that I can take.
Got Ninja'd I see... That the guy from Vagabond in your avatar by the way?

Anyway, here are some of my reasons why I would recommend to stay away from that series;

The main character comes very close to a know it all god character, the series seems riddled with inner dialogs explaining situations all the while emphasizing how smart and cunning the main character is.

He has his own personal ninja girl groupie that obviously likes him but he doesn't seem to notice. She role-plays that she is indebted to him for life, constantly calls him her lord and clings to him because he is so awesome and what not. She is totally insecure about the way she looks, acting embarrassed and what not whenever she is asked to dress or act femininely in front or around the main character.

I just can't stand these kinds of characters. The anime might have a nice story further down the line, but.. I just didn't stick around to find out. Also, it struck me as an anime that would end up making up game techniques just for plot convenience.
As to my avatar, you are correct.

Your reasons concerning the portrayal of the characters are pretty spot-on. God forbid Shiroe is ever shown as someone less than a total badass in all he does, the show seems to be implying. Self-insert character for the teenage viewer much? Also, what's up with those two kids being used as slaves? Just run, get yourself killed....RESPAWN and head to the nearest friendly guild. Maybe I've missed something, but I couldn't understand why they were patiently enduring it all until Shiroe the Savior came to the rescue.

What is a glaring flaw, IMO, is the fact that even though everybody is essentially trapped in the game, nobody seems to mind that very much. You don't see anyone freaking out (which would be a normal reaction from a normal person) and trying to find a way out, oh no, they'll happily play on and focus on all the things that don't truly matter. That's why I believe you are correct when you say that this anime will probably make stuff (like game techniques) up. The creators are likely to pad the anime out with all sorts of, ultimately irrelevant, shenanigans.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Don't watch Elfen Lied or Black Lagoon. Both are a kid's idea of mature viewing, but in their own uniquely obnoxious way. Elfen Lied thinks it is trying to say something, but its navel gazing is diminished by gratuitous fan service, under-developed characterisation and excessive gore. Black Lagoon wants to be a throw back to 80s action movies, but it tries way too hard. All the swearing, boobery and akimbo guns feels a bit pathetic.

I'm not saying this because stuff has to be mature and I am happy with childish, mindless gratuitous stuff. But I like it to admit it's childish, mindless gratuitous stuff, and not making some attempt to be what it isn't. Elfen Lied is not clever or mature, Black Lagoon is not a Woo/Schwarzenegger movie.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
From Up On Poppy Hill.
I wouldn't say it's bad, or insulting or... well it's not anything really. It's just dull. Nearly every secondary plot point is completely predictable and boring and the main plot is built on a non-issue that's so convoluted and silly it's hard to take it seriously.

It doesn't even have the good manners to have the mysticism that other Ghibli films have, like Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle or Laputa. The visual and sound design are great as per usual for a Ghibli film but everything else is dull from start to finish and I only remember it for how boring it was,
Well, it was directed by the same guy (Goro Miyazaki) who directed Tales from Earthsea. So it's no real surprise his next venture would be of comparable quality.

Japan seems like the type of culture where it's expected of children to follow in their parents footsteps, taking over the reigns. So eventhough Goro Miyazaki can't direct, and maybe doesn't even want to, it's still expected of him. I could be completely wrong though, but somehow I feel this might be the reason behind it.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
hazabaza1 said:
From Up On Poppy Hill.
I wouldn't say it's bad, or insulting or... well it's not anything really. It's just dull. Nearly every secondary plot point is completely predictable and boring and the main plot is built on a non-issue that's so convoluted and silly it's hard to take it seriously.

It doesn't even have the good manners to have the mysticism that other Ghibli films have, like Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle or Laputa. The visual and sound design are great as per usual for a Ghibli film but everything else is dull from start to finish and I only remember it for how boring it was,
Well, it was directed by the same guy (Goro Miyazaki) who directed Tales from Earthsea. So it's no real surprise his next venture would be of comparable quality.

Japan seems like the type of culture where it's expected of children to follow in their parents footsteps, taking over the reigns. So eventhough Goro Miyazaki can't direct, and maybe doesn't even want to, it's still expected of him. I could be completely wrong though, but somehow I feel this might be the reason behind it.
I remember kind of liking Tales from Earthsea. It was a bit slow at times and a little generic maybe but the mysticism was nicely done and I can remember more about the characters in Earthsea six years on than I can from Poppy Hill in less than a month.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Let's stop watching Naruto.

Let's stop watching Bleach.

Let's stop watching everything Gainax has produced.

And let's stop talking about how Evangelion is "deep" and "meaningfull", even though the producers themselves said that because Christianity is rare in Japan (0.023% of Japan practises Christianity, or a similiar number) they thought putting in a bunch of religious references would be fun and maybe they'd increase the popularity of their show by having a fight with censors.

In other words, the "deap and meaningfull" aspects of your shitty like anime are just a marketing ploy.

Stop talking about Evangelion. Please, oh God... please...

May 29, 2011
Roggen Bread said:
Unless you happen to stumble about a list of useless fillers: Naruto. Reasons have been specified. However, recent episodes all the cool shit has been happening one has waited for years to happen. I suppose it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

Not a guilty pleasure of mine: Fairy Tail. Yes. The music is fucking amazing. No other anime has managed to bring tears to my eyes yet. This one does. And I blame it on the beautiful, mind boggling music.

However: Complete lack of blood?! Seriously?! Even the chick whose "magic" it is to slice everything up with swords. How does one manage to do this without bleeding? No. I am not a gore addict. But this just... bothers me. I can't even bump my forehead without bleeding (you know, very hard and stuff), and they... well...

The female characters are just plain bad. In every fight: First cry, than kick ass, than cry some more, than tragic backstory blabla, don't forget crying... oh yeah! And the crying! If that has been done we might even get to see some action. in EVERY arc.
Also the filler arcs are pointless. And what was about that fucking episode with the body switching magic?! First things go bad. Than things go worse, than solution is impossible. THE END! Coming up next: completely different arc. Also we retconned the episode you just finished watching. Sure you don't remember it, do you?!

In most animes you have a "learing curve". 2-3 standard attacks, 3-4 attacks for heavy foes. While undergoing physical/psychological trauma "the enraged mega death knock". After some uses of this, this one gets adopted into the arsenal. Not in this show. But, it's always a new "the enraged mega death knock". So yeah. Pretty creative writers who manage to find synonyms for "fire" "flame" "dragon" and "of doom!"

Anyway. The music is awesome.
To this day I still don't know WHY I actually liked this show. I blame it on the music, the tits, the fights scenes and the tits.

No but seriously the fanservice! The fucking fanservice! It somehow manages to not really interfere with the plot or seem overly ridiculous, even when it really really should.

It's not a great anime, it's probably not even a good one, but it's so much fun to watch.

And the No blood thing is especially ridiculous considering how extremely and absurdly R rated this series pretty much has to be because of all the god damn tits.

What the hell is the point?

OT: At this point it's really obvious that yes, Darker then Black was an amazing anime and yes, it went to hell in the second season and yes, were all extremely pissed off about it.

But I'm saying it anyway.

mjharper

Can
Apr 28, 2013
Wow, some people don't seem to understand the difference between 'bad' and 'over-rated'. Spirited Away? Seriously? There is no objective standard by which that is bad, no matter how little you enjoyed it.

I gave up on Code Geass, was annoyed by the reset-buttoning of Clannad, and utterly despised Mind Game. Perhaps I'd advise you to avoid them. But they're all popular and/or respected enough in their own way, so that's just my opinion.

Anime to truly avoid, that no-one in their right minds could think was good? Evangelion, Black Lagoon, Attack on Titan, Elfenlied, RahXephon, Excel Saga; none of these are shows which fit the bill.

MD Geist, Sleeping with Hinako and the rest of that series probably should be avoided at all costs, though I can't speak from experience there. ThemAnime has a fascinating list of 'adult reviews' which are not adult for the obvious reason, but because they are likely to finally destroy your inner child. Those are more realistic anime to avoid than Death Note, for example.

UPISTRVIMYD

Dec 20, 2013
...four pages and not a single person has mentioned Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.

You lucky bastards.

Suckered in by the promise of a show where the main character tries to bring the annoyingly quirky underage b8 back to reality and succeeds, I jumped aboard... and three episodes in, said plot was resolved. Cue nine episodes of NOTHING. Also, is anyone else more than a little creeped out by how, for some reason, when an older man makes sexual advances towards a young girl it's sick and wrong, yet the other way around it's supposed to be hilarious and sexy? Yeah, no, fuck that. That and the character design is hideous.

The one redeeming thing it has? The theme song is so bad, it's good incarnate. Here, have a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J5KHLXrcF8

EDIT: While I'm here:

Gurren Lagann spends way too much time focusing on a character I desperately wanted to see die, wasted an opportunity to develop a character with great potential(though I will concede he did get the most badass death of all time), most of the characters are complete idiots, and it continuously shoots itself in the face by twisting it's own message around to where the last episode basically tells the rest of the series to go fuck itself. An you know what? So do I.

Needless is one of the most accurately named anime of all time. Needlessly slow pacing, needlessly stupid and pointless characters, needless sexualization of characters for comedy that is neither arousing nor funny, and a needlessly dragged out ending that did manage to be creative while still boring as hell. Oh, and writers? YOU CANNOT MAGIC IN A ROMANCE IN LITERALLY THE LAST SCENE OF THE BATTLE CHARGE WITH NO PRIOR DEVELOPMENT.

Guilty Crown. First season was actually kind of an interesting character study with an acceptable conclusion; not really terrible, but Shinji Ikari .5 and generic fanboy bait Rei Ayanami ripoff #9001 do not interesting lead characters make. SEASON TWO, however, is absolute shit. Let me give an example of how bad this show is: there is a character who is wheelchair bound, and is clearly shown to be strong, mature, and independent. What, might you ask, is her "void"(basically a superpower every person has, each one being different for each character)?

BEING ABLE TO WALK. I wish I was kidding, I REALLY do. It just gets worse from there; characters become brain dead for no reason and get other, better characters killed, causing other characters to go insane and become evil, and it's just an utter fucking disaster.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Z of the Na said:
Those two...individuals...who recommended watching Team Four Star's Dragonball Z Abridged as opposed to the actual Dragonball Z anime are classy people who I in no way disagree with whatsoever. Funny enough how at the beginning of every DBZA episode they go out and tell you quite directly to please support the official release.

You're free to believe whatever you want to believe, it's cool.

[sub]*twitch*[/sub]

OT: I didn't really enjoy One Piece when I watched it here and there on Toonami all those years ago. Then again I'm not the biggest watcher of anime, so you should probably take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Actually, make that a 4 lb bag of it.
If it makes ya feel any better, I am a huge DBZ fan. I love the series and it's probably one of the first anime I ever watched. That's half the reason I love DBZ Abridged. I've even enjoyed the more recent DBZ movies like Battle of the Gods. Kinda hope they start up more DBZ, since it seems to have done well. Heard it was released in theaters in Japan and was the number one movie when it came out.

You should Google Dragon Ball Multiverse, if you need a DBZ fix.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
Elfenlied for me as well, it is boring bile fantasy nonsense interspersed with a bad harem anime where the main love interest is literally mentally retarded and can't even dress herself. Chobits for the same reason minus the gorn sections. Those late 90's/early 2000's "romances" really had a thing for inert female objects.

In fact, all harem anime, just that entire genre. But especially He Is My Master for the central ideal to it being "Yup, women exist to be subservient and indentured servitude is totally cool."

And I got one that's not so much an anime as it is a concept that's present in a lot of it. That blue-balling bullshit where the characters and by extension the audience are supposed to find innocence as a sexually attractive quality. The whole "I get off to the idea of this girl but I will never act on it because that will spoil her purity" and the highly sexualized situations those characters are placed in without any idea that it is indeed sexual.

glider4

Mar 27, 2012
Naruto. A lot of standing around talking about stupid crap when the characters are supposed to be locked in mortal combat, You are supposed to believe that some kids that just graduated ninja school can somehow train so fast that they can take on the best in the world in like a couple of weeks, the audience is supposed to recall the "good old days" when team 7 were friends and had adventures which are never actually shown so it has no effect on the audience what so ever.
Also Lucky Star, unless you enjoy hours of girls talking about nothings more boring than your real life conversations.
Code Geass R2. OK that's cheating because after one sees R1, seeing R2 is a requirement but after the amazingness that was Code Geass R1, R2 is just disappointing.
any anime dubbed by 4kids.
Oh yes Lets not forget DragonBall Z, the most overrated anime of all time, episodes of nothing but characters standing still, characters that are too overpowered for their own good, a story that nobody could take seriously, all fun and life sucked out and replaced with a bunch of identical looking muscle boys that could only be cool to children below ten years old, or so you would think.
Love Hina the anime. Studio Xebec decided to remove the good parts of the manga and blow up all the worst parts.
Negima! Same as Love Hina, ever other anime adaptation of the manga has been better than the xebe one. Read the manga instead.
Anything that has a premise of "a mysterious extremely attractive girl who is an alien/angel/robot/whatever ends up in a situation where they must live with our hilarious looser protagonist." Prepare for recycled jokes, unsatisfying fanservice, and ever character that isn't the main one acting like a complete moron for the sake of "comedy." Actually even the main character usually acts like a moron in these shows. The worst of these is Dokoro-chan which thinks it's clever because it takes the most overused anime joke of all time and uses it constantly and adds more blood.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
dylanmc12 said:
And let's stop talking about how Evangelion is "deep" and "meaningfull", even though the producers themselves said that because Christianity is rare in Japan (0.023% of Japan practises Christianity, or a similiar number) they thought putting in a bunch of religious references would be fun and maybe they'd increase the popularity of their show by having a fight with censors.

In other words, the "deap and meaningfull" aspects of your shitty like anime are just a marketing ploy.

Stop talking about Evangelion. Please, oh God... please...
You know not even on Evageeks, the Evangelion fansite, do they believe that :p. In fact I don't think I've actually seen someone try and justify or make sense of these symbols because it's so widely known that it was indeed, a marketing ploy. That isn't to say other parts of the anime aren't looked into perhaps, too deeply such as the cultural significance of lunchboxes in 2.0 or Shinji's sleep patterns in 3.0.

Sock-Puppet

Apr 17, 2013
UPISTRVIMYD said:
...four pages and not a single person has mentioned Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.

You lucky bastards.

Suckered in by the promise of a show where the main character tries to bring the annoyingly quirky underage b8 back to reality and succeeds, I jumped aboard... and three episodes in, said plot was resolved. Cue nine episodes of NOTHING. Also, is anyone else more than a little creeped out by how, for some reason, when an older man makes sexual advances towards a young girl it's sick and wrong, yet the other way around it's supposed to be hilarious and sexy? Yeah, no, fuck that. That and the character design is hideous.

The one redeeming thing it has? The theme song is so bad, it's good incarnate. Here, have a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J5KHLXrcF8
I entirely agree with you on this one the only thing that kept me from throwing this thing was the great quality of the scenery that this show has. Example: http://i.imgur.com/QuAhMx3.png. Though to enjoy it like this you need to have it in HD.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I can't believe I forgot to mention my personal Nemesis of anime, Evangelion 3 point fucking zero. I just rewatched the first 10 minutes of it, and blimey charlie did everything that annoyed me the first time come rushing back in! What an indulgent, incomprehensible waste of tons of money, talent and great animation it is. While it removes some of the worst aspects of Evangelion almost altogether, like Shinji's constant whining, it only means it allows the ones left grow exponentially like a lethal cancer and making the movie reach all new levels of suck.

I intend to rewatch it tomorrow, so stay tuned for the ultimate bashing!