Doomsday Arcade: Episode 11

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
I have to ask: That "Episode Eleven" title card that popped up, that's a style reference to Auditorium isn't it?

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
Well i would have to say that this is the reason i love this show. ZERO consistency lol but a transition would had been nice D= im still very confused @.@.

I think that the lack of consistency in the atmosphere and style of the show come from the large group of people that work on it. Its a very nice show I just love it soo much. Now if you dare to delay and tease me with the next episode there certainly will be a dooms day.

aperpheldy

Mar 21, 2009
That was so awsome. How long must it have taken to do all those special effects? did you see that into? that waould have taken so long. Just loved it. Crazy camera movement!

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Nice work with the start of the backstory, although I must confess I was expecting a full-on cinematic-style boss monologue, care of Mario. With any luck something that will turn up in Part 3, because they need Part 2 to kill that Colonel Nefarious guy and steal his tie. XD

Side Note: Nefarious or Nefarius? They sound the same, but it looks cooler without the o.

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
BRILLIANT!

I allways loved the humor, but the star wars reference (parsecks . . .parsects?) was amazing.

that and the "I just killed your mentor figure"

spot on. Spot On.

Sageeth

Mar 19, 2009
Well I knew it back last week what the whole Polybius was about. Though I do love how it played out. In 96 I was 9 myself. Too much good shit to pick out one or two pieces of.

Also it must not be OUR (Aussie that is) Government making the weapon... I mean back in 96 we had just had Howard get in charge... OMFG... that must be how that idiot stayed in power for so long...

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
Oh! Be-Tee-Dubz

I love how threw out the series you guys break the forth wall and stair at the camera at parts like

"doomsday arcade" and what not.

I am kinda sad that this episode didn't have any horrible puns. Not like sad sad, but like i miss me some horrible puns

(edit/)Unless you count Nefarious as a pun. In which case their where puns and i just pointed out my own idiocy.

piddywiffle

Oct 21, 2008
Been a stalworthy fan since Ep.1

"I have a raspy voice and I listen to Burzum".

Nice Burzum drop. Cracked me up.

Cheers,
Pidz

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
This was just so funny. I want to quote something but there were so many good parts I just can't pick. Ooh, I liked the refernece to the new Star Trek movie. Wonder how many people noticed that. Oh and all the pseudo technical things like parsec and the computer screen is actually just a TV with the TV guide up.

AndyVale

Mar 18, 2009
piddywiffle said:
Been a stalworthy fan since Ep.1

"I have a raspy voice and I listen to Burzum".

Nice Burzum drop. Cracked me up.

Cheers,
Pidz
The Burzum quote was in my Faceboob status. Rather sweet.

I love how the C-bomb has now been dropped too. There's no stopping the moral slide now!

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
Danarok said:
"I did successfully code a dBASE II microcomputer in 12 parsecs"
"That's not a measure of time"
"Neither is fuck you!"

Awesome :)
This.

Quite a lot of swearing this time around, or at least I thought so. Doomsday Arcade getting a bit more aggressive or something?

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
Loving the story arc and that it's still keeping the fast jokes in there.
Especially the C4 and mentor ones. The over use of the anamorphic flare reference is also cool.