Doomsday Arcade: Episode 19

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
I bet they do it like Paper Mario and explore the land of the Game Over. Or, at least I hope they do. Very Bill & Ted-esque.

It was even funnier that after the Dice Lord stopped laughing, I began laughing and then Lund joined me in ironic laughter.

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
Lord_Panzer said:
*ahem*

[HEADING=1]WHAAAAAAAAA?!?!?[/HEADING]

That out of the way, Dicelord was awesomely freaky.
I concur.
I concur too. (ok so it's not so original, but what else can I say that hasn't been said already: the most awesome episode yet!)

SAULFENKY2047

Aug 7, 2008
ok, dice lord extends awesome dude

ending extends awesome ending

but TOAD!!?!!

HOW THE FUCK TO THEY GET KILLED BY TOAD

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
first thought that comes to mind at the end of the episode "and that was the second time I died."
But that was one hell of a cliff hanger. They've been shot (dead?) once by the Mysterious Stranger, so I wonder whats next. It's a segway that works for any game with resapawn or resurection (I guess...)
The dicelord was an awesome character, though I'm one for the D20 system. Anyways, the effects on him were the coolest I've seen out of Doomsday Arcade so far.

phorth

Jul 13, 2009
Whoa, WHAT?
Nice job, loved the dice lord effects. So freaky. Very Rorschach-esque, with a wonderfully original spin!

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
WaderiAAA said:
Man, I struggled with that PH puzzle - and my IQ is 120.
ive 130 and so did i, really what kind of backwards game requires you to close it before you can continue?!?

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
iblis666 said:
WaderiAAA said:
Man, I struggled with that PH puzzle - and my IQ is 120.
ive 130 and so did i, really what kind of backwards game requires you to close it before you can continue?!?
That and The World Ends with You, for one optional puzzle-like battle. Plus, some cool stuff may happen if you do that with other games.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Wow... The dicelord was amazing. Freaky but amazing.

And what the hell Toad? I thought you were going to be a good guy, or is this some kind of elaborate scheme.

Feb 13, 2008
I'll just echo everyone above. Awesome.

And the Dicelord reminds me of many a GM I've met.

"What do you mean I need to roll a dice to climb a tree? I'm a natural climber"
"Ah, but this is a particularly difficult tree!"

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Jeronus said:
Archemetis said:
I'm having difficulty thinking of a video game way for them to come back from being shot in the face...
Extra Lives, pressing yes when the continue screen shows up, or reversing time. I could go on but you get my point. Great Episode.
One that can genuinely apply in the real world on real people, was what I was going for.