Dragon Age 3 May Be BioWare's Biggest Game Yet

ltmarcos

Jan 25, 2010
DarkhoIlow said:
I can say from the start that I am a Bioware fan.Now with that said there are a few things that I would like to say about DA3.

DA2,for me,was a mild disappointment compared to how fantastic Origins was.I still have faith in them that the third installment will be everything that they promise.The thing that irks me is the "human only" protagonist,but I guess I can go along with that.

I really hope that they will come back to the whole Morrigan(demonspawn child) thing sooner or later and that whole storyline wasn't trashed as well as the Grey Warden that you have played in the first game.I have no idea how they will do that if you won't be able to import saves(we don't know that just yet).

It seems the majority of the game will happen in Orlais,the big city we haven't visited yet.

So to conclude,these are some things I want to see in DA3 are:

-Ditch the Mass Effect wheel,bring back DA Origins dialogue system.
-Voice acting is a plus to me,immersion sky rockets because of it so keep that from DA2.
-Bring camp back from Origins along with more companions with their respective backstories.
-Bigger places to explore not every quest in one damned city or zone nearby.
I am definitely looking forward to this game. I adore the universe. I aggre with most of your points. I could take or leave the dialog wheel though i did like that it let me know if what i was going to say was flirty or not. Always hate it in games when character says something with a different tone than expected. Sorry to nitpick but Orlais is not a city but a neighboring nation/country to Ferelden.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I'm interested to see what they can show us this time. They're definitely on thin ice due to Mass Effect 3's ending, so I have a feeling that they're gonna really be busting their asses off on this title.

ShoryukenDude

Mar 24, 2009
Here's my thought process here.
First off, I didn't hate DA2. It definitely had it's flaws, but the entire game intrigued me enough to keep it for multiple replays. And sure, Mass Effect 3 tripped over itself out of the gate, but despite what the internet may tell you, it's not the worst game in the world. So what I'm saying here is that Bioware hasn't screwed up enough for me to turn my back on them.

In addition, I'd like to ask something; Aren't all of these games made by a different development team? I mean, they're still Bioware as a whole, but aren't their separate teams for each franchise? Maybe there's a bit of overlap, but the project leads are mutually exclusive If I'm guessing right. So the quality of ME3 and SWTOR shouldn't have much bearing on the quality of the Dragon Age series. I know we're looking at the general trend here, but it seems odd to compare the results of two different teams when they're trying to create two different things.

I may just be using some insane breed of logic to explain myself, but I'm on the Pre-Order train for Dragon Age 3. I chose to believe Bioware can still make an amazing game, but maybe I'm just an optimist.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Hating on unreleased games is downright moronic. I'll stick to "mildly interested", thank you very much.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
The only was I'd listen to another word Bioware says is if they admitted that DA2 was pure shit. The only way they can move on and make a better game is if they faced the truth that they put zero thought into that game and it ended up as a pile of junk.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Soviet Heavy said:
You can choose to be optimistic. I choose to believe they are talking out of their asses. Longer pre production than Origins? Bullshit, unless they started work on DA 3 before Origins even came out.
Yeah wasn't it like 5 years for Origins? You could tell because when it finally came out it was dated and looked like something thy cooked up with MS paint.

Anyway I think this is like the 3rd strike for most people, and even if it is good you know EA is going to stick their dirty fingers in it and %^$& everything up.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
I'm not really sure I'm happy about Dragon Age 3 taking place in Orlais, the Orlesians I've come across so far in the DA universe all had horrible pseudo-French accents. I'm not sure if I can stand such an ungodly high level of cringeworthy voice-acting.

Edit: Captcha: Glazed Donut. Sounds good, depends on the type of "glaze" though...

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
"JP said just one level in DA3 is as big as all of DA2's levels."
Thats not saying much.. Best case scenario is that they will use improved combat from DA2 and do everything else more like they did in origins.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Imbechile said:
In b4 The Escapist's 5/5, 10/10, GOTY review :D

tmande2nd said:
I am making a list:Your choices wont matter.
In Bioware's games your choices never mattered.
They did matter in Mass Effect 1 & 2 and DA:O, but sadly in mass effect's case devs chose to ignore all that in the last game.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I'm cautiously optimistic, but still saddened by the idea that I can only choose between "human" or "slightly different human" as my choices, regardless of how many humans I can choose between. Though, I admit, the armor coloring thing sounds like a fun five minutes of the game. I could do the same thing in Saints Row 2 and 3, and I liked doing it there, so it will be slightly interesting. That doesn't make up for the lack of races represented in gameplay, and how the world views them, in any case.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Jinjer said:
We'll just have to see, won't we? One thing's for sure though - if I can't play as an elven hottie but only as a boring ass human, I'm outta here. Sorry Bioware, but in a roleplaying game I want to fucking roleplay. If the setting has multiple races/species/whatever, you better damn well let us play as them.
They've already stated that you will once again be playing as a human.

sunsetspawn

Jul 25, 2009
T3hSource said:
Hype it up EA,while the BioWare cow is still somewhat healthy.
The cow's dead, but it's still got milk in its tits.

At this point I wonder that even if Bioware did make a good game, would the fans accept it.

I like to think that I can be objective, and I really hope that DA3 is good, AND that I recognize it as good. If for nothing more than to prove to myself that I'm not some sort of war machine with Bioware permanently locked in my sights.

The only reason my post isn't hostile is because we're talking about Dragon Age, and in that regard I'm still in the middle of Awakenings so, according to everyone on the net, I haven't hit the dogshit that is DA2.

If we were discussing Mass Effect 4 I would've already nuked the thread.