Dragons Are Coming To Minecraft

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Anyone else think MineCraft is loosing it's flare that made it great?
Yes! Minecraft is becoming more action RPGish and in that market, it's nothing special at all. What made Minecraft great was that it was like playing with Lego's that you had to mine. It really can't compete as an RPG.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
first off notch talked about adding dragons last year so he is not just trolling

V8 Ninja said:
It's pretty incredible how Notch can release a few screenshots and get tons of press. As for the important thing, specifically the topic of dragons in Minecraft, they'll be a nice addition if handled properly. But my main problem is that Re-Logic already beat Mojang to it [http://i.imgur.com/8cFIa.png].

I'm sorry, but I gotta go with my gut; Terraria 1.1 will be better than whatever Minecraft 2.0 throws at it.
Terraria sucks and studio Gibri should sue them cus that dragon is a ripoff of haku from spirited away

(and yes I have played that lame ass game)

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
chickenhound said:
V8 Ninja said:
It's pretty incredible how Notch can release a few screenshots and get tons of press. As for the important thing, specifically the topic of dragons in Minecraft, they'll be a nice addition if handled properly. But my main problem is that Re-Logic already beat Mojang to it [http://i.imgur.com/8cFIa.png].

I'm sorry, but I gotta go with my gut; Terraria 1.1 will be better than whatever Minecraft 2.0 throws at it.
Terraria sucks and studio Gibri should sue them cus that dragon is a ripoff of haku from spirited away

(and yes I have played that lame ass game)
Based on other posts you've made here, I'm going to assume you're not a troll.

#1. While I do think Terraria is a better game than Minecraft, I don't think Minecraft doesn't deserve to exist. Minecraft mainly focuses on the Lego mentality and exploits that character flaw to get us addicted for hundreds of hours. Terraria, on the other hand, gives everything a purpose to it and encourages doing stuff, something that I think Minecraft hasn't been able to match, even with the 1.8 update.

#2. If you're coming into Terraria to build and only build, you'll be extremely disappointed. However, if you play Terraria to find some sort of adventure you'll get it. As I stated in my previous paragraph, Terraria really gets encouraging exploration right. There are reasons to do things, which in turn allow you to do more things. Terraria gets the player into an endless loop of doing stuff to be able to do more stuff and there's a good chance that's why Terraria has done so well.

#3. You know, I never noticed that dragon looks suspiciously close to the dragon in Spirited Away. However, I'm not a huge fan of seeing people being sued over what may-or-may-not-be homages. Also, it's "Studio Ghibli" and not "Studio Gibri". Don't worry though, mistakes happen to the best of us.

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
I swear to Grungi if i can kill it, mount its head above my fireplace, and then make an armchair i will give this man all my money.
If you can't, then someone will mod it for you.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
All I can say is: BOO.

I'm not giving up BuildCraft and IndustrialCraft for a dragon. Besides, the mod community is already leagues ahead of the developers. I hold Minecraft up as one of those titles that have fallen into the bizarre niche where the actual development of the game is more detrimental to its progress.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Oh baby! Oh baby! Oh baby! Oh baby! Oh baby! Oh baby!

Draco loves him some Dragons!

Hyperme

May 19, 2011
DeadlyYellow said:
All I can say is: BOO.

I'm not giving up BuildCraft and IndustrialCraft for a dragon. Besides, the mod community is already leagues ahead of the developers. I hold Minecraft up as one of those titles that have fallen into the bizarre niche where the actual development of the game is more detrimental to its progress.
But the 'mod community' isn't one single thing. It's lot's of independant people/groups working on things. You can't compare the sum of their work to Mojang's, since only two people work on official Minecraft. And since the mod community are apparently gods of production, they'll update their mods in less than 24 hours. And not say that they won't because 'updates are too rapid'.

Maphysto said:
V8 Ninja said:
Apples and oranges. You're talking about two games that scratch two completely different itches. Terraria is about gear collecting and boos stomping, Minecraft is about survival and creativity.
(begin sarcasms)But they both have blocks in! That makes them totally the same in all respects! (end sarcasms)

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Well this is really going to help with that legal battle. :p
Oh my yes... Like dragons are such and original context that they can be used as evidence that notch is trying to confuse market to buy hes game with the name scrolls.

Umm... That makes no sense???
Far I recall there is only 1 dragon in Oblivion, don't know about the other Elders' scroll series games tho...

I almost laughed, a bit... If I wouldn't be too drugged up atm...

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Valok said:
Blunderboy said:
Well this is really going to help with that legal battle. :p
My first thought.

I'm actually inclined to think he did that just to piss then.
Or just to try and piss off Bioware as well with his new game "Giant Flying Lizards that Breath Fire - Time"
I thought he'd decided on "Wyvern Era". Easier to remember and whatnot.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Earnest Cavalli said:
though its just as likely that the creature is benevolent, and greets players with the gruff, yet comforting voice of Sean Connery.

Admittedly that's just my personal hope, but I think we can all agree that the modern gaming landscape would greatly benefit from an infusion of Sir Sean's warm Scotch vocals.

Source: @notch [https://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/122323222497730560]

Oh please, oh please let it be this one. (Your personal hope is backed.) As a chiild of the 80's I must say if I can ride this dragon I think some small portion of childhood magic will be captured on the block-based screen. If it would call be Bowen as well, that would be strange but not altogether unwelcome.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Not only are there going to be dragons, but there are also going to be "Enderdragons!"

Enderdragon Article [http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enderdragon]

You can bet I'm excited.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
This is what Bethesda should be sewing Mojang about!

Or Bioware should sew them for using the word Dragon.

Mojang shouldn't make Scrolls they should make a lawsuit simulator.

There we go. not even 10 in the morning and I've already reached my "joke in poor taste" quota