Duke Nukem Forever Goes Gold

Kevin7557

May 31, 2008
And then there is that comet that might hit Earth in October. Coincidence that the Release of Duke Nukem Forever as being a sign of the Apocalypse maybe.

I also got the Balls of Steel edition.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Even though I'll probably never play it, it's still great that it's finally out. Too bad we can't make jokes about it anymore...

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
I... I... I'm scared. What's going to happen to prevent it's release? Another apocalypse?

Staying inside that day, other than to buy it.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
SnipErlite said:
I really hope they do set up a brief rick-roll before the actual title screen appears. That moment of panic and rage that so many gamers would experience would be fucking awesome.
Chances are there will at least be a trailer that does something like that.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Aku_San said:
When and only when the game is in my hands, and I have played and beaten it, will I believe that Duke Nukem Forever has gone gold.
I could hit you in the head with a blunt object until you think thats happening. Unless I already did, and this is the illusion breaking the forth wall or something.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Drakmeire said:
Well Guys, the day is finally here...
What are we going to make fun of now. Starcraft:Ghost?
Not the same thing. Ghost was cancelled years ago, while DNF never was, it was always in development.

Unfortunately, after this there's no other legendary vaporware game that has always been in development to take the crown.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Imp Emissary said:
Aku_San said:
When and only when the game is in my hands, and I have played and beaten it, will I believe that Duke Nukem Forever has gone gold.
I could hit you in the head with a blunt object until you think thats happening. Unless I already did, and this is the illusion breaking the forth wall or something.
Inception.

BlackSuit

Mar 8, 2011
I'll believe it when I finish it. Honestly when I read this the sound from Worms Armageddon's Holy Grenade came to mind...

I'm not buying any bubblegum 'till I finish this game.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
"Gearbox really just relabeled a bunch of Borderlands discs and sent them out instead."

They should make a dozen or so copies of the game like this, shuffle it into the distributions of all the real copies. Consider them Collectables or like the Willy Wonker Golden Ticket. Give them out Free, as in come with a rebate coupon for a real DNF game :p

i would consider that a good will gesture that will make in-the-know gamers appreciate them more.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
So...does this mean that Yahtzee will have to revisit Duke Nukem Forever?
Yup. He can't possibly refuse to review Duke Nukem. It's like the second coming.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Triforceformer said:
Chances are there will at least be a trailer that does something like that.
Well after the awesome "What about the game, Duke? Is IT any good?" "After 12 F*cking years, it should be" line, I'm sure they'll do something.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
this game is, frankly a labour of love by it's developers you just DON'T spend 13 years developing, designing, redesigning and working staff through their entire careers for a game that you don't care about, it just doesn't happen

even if only a third of that time was spent constructively it will be a great game it just has to be..

so what were going to get is a fan-boy's wet dream, which should be pretty damn awesome even if it is a tad weird too!