E3 2010: Xbox 360 Slim Announced, Shipping Today

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
John Funk said:
Is there any word on international release? And with the HDD being internal now is there any word on how to transfer your existing HDD data over to the new console?

videocrazy

Dec 17, 2009
Well, this came with extremely good timing, for me. I just came into some birthday/grad money, and I was thinking about getting a 360 for myself, so my brother and I didn't have to keep fighting over it. Hopefully now, it'll not be that much more expensive, and get here soon. ((I'm in Canada, you see.))

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I bought my Elite like 2 months ago, I'll see If I can trade it back in...

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
My Xbox literally died 72 hours before this was announced. I think the Universe has provided me with a sign. Yes, I know that new shiny toys are designed to distract us and cough up our money before we see all the critical flaws, but *damn* is that pretty.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Stoorm_ said:
Double A said:
I don't get it... how much bigger is 250GB than the original 360?
first one was 20gb.
using mathematics that is 12.5 times bigger.
giving you a 1250% increase ;)
I can't be bothered though, I still have like 5GB left, and not enough money. Plus I don't wanna give up my saves.

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
SoxFan96 said:
Umm, unfair.

I really hope that this means that the price of the network adapters is going to go down. This is a very good opportunity for anybody who is just getting the console though, internal hardrive, quite, and wifi adapter.

Lucky bastards though in the audience though,
Yeah, I've got my fingers crossed that this will drive the price of the wireless adapters right down.

But damn that new xbox is sexy...

I got a new one at christmas after my old one red ringed out of warranty, and now I'm kinda wishing I'd waited.

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
ziggy161 said:
I cannot BELIEVE everyone in the damn room got a free one. >_< But srsly, doesn;t anyone think the slim looks like a bastardization of the Wii and PS3? It looks like the ps3 ate the wii. And how much of a ripoff was all the sport and fitness games? Geez. XD
Lol, difference is, it looks like the fitness games will have significantly more potential with Kinect. I don't mean that as an insult to the Wii, as the balance board somehow seems able to work out an impressive amount of data just from having someone stand on it, but Kinect definitely seems to have the potential to be much more precise.

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
No more web adaptors? Proof that this is the machine to draw in the casuals. There's less bells and whistles on the cover. I also bet money that they got rid of the RRoD, as they're gonna try to undue the 360's reputation for killing itself after a year. I want a side-by-side comparison though, just how much smaller is it? It's a sexy-lookin machine in any case though.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
AC10 said:
You didn't go to E3?!
I figured most of the escapist editors would have gone!
"Most of them" did :p It's just me holding down the fort (and Lauren keeping me company).

Greg, Russ, Susan and Steve are all at E3.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
John Funk said:
AC10 said:
You didn't go to E3?!
I figured most of the escapist editors would have gone!
"Most of them" did :p It's just me holding down the fort (and Lauren keeping me company).

Greg, Russ, Susan and Steve are all at E3.
Awww :(

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I JUST bought a new 250 GB hard drive a few weeks ago for fucking 125 dollars!

And I just bought an adapter for 60 on Amazon in February.

And a new 360 last August.

God damn it...
I bought my 360 in august too. And I just bought a 250GB Harddrive! NO WAI!

It's definately a conspiracy.

Also, for any Aussies; the release date here is 1st of July this year.[footnote]
Omegatronacles said:
Is there any word on international release? And with the HDD being internal now is there any word on how to transfer your existing HDD data over to the new console?
[/footnote

EB Games are taking pre-orders as are GAME.

EB are lowering their trade in value for Arcades, Pros and Elites tomorrow so if you're trading in do so soon.

I'll be shopping around today and trading in to get my shiny new slim for the break off of uni! =]

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Greg, Russ, Susan and Steve have got to be sooooo happy right now. Sorry you missed out, John. We can help you nab one from Susan, if you want. I mean, she did take your Super Mario Galaxy 2 review away from you =P

sosolidshoe

May 17, 2010
WNxSajuukCor said:
I wonder if I can get a good deal trading in my Halo 3 LE console for one...
Ahahaha, good luck, no manager worth their salt would let their staff trade in those crapfests; they're even more prone to breakdowns than the regular old 360s.

As for the announcement, I'll probably get one. I've been xbox-less for a while after I had to flog my old one(fucking Scottish winters, gas bill like you wouldn't believe), so when I start my new job this looks like a good deal. Providing they don't pull the usual shit and screw over Brit/Euro customers by bringing this in at a higher pricepoint instead of following the pricing structure from the US.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
FUCK!!! I just bought a replacement one two weeks ago....
I just bought the freakin adapter a few weeks ago. I could have just traded it in and got that for the same freakin price

Lynxan

Dec 6, 2009
Is it just me, or is it just evil that I first found out about this looking at the ad on the 360 I have... yes, tell the masses that already have the system about this great new one...

With mine showing signs of dieing and being well outside free repair (it's not RRODing anyway, just seems like every other game I play crashes at some point, so I don't think that it fits that way any way)

I don't like that I can't use the memory cards as well, I like to have my profile on that so I can move it to my friend's system (they put there's between the two USB drives so we can move all our profiles as needed). Can't use more then 2 of those drives so I can't simply switch to a USB drive myself. Ow well, maybe I should get a cheapened old style console as a replacement instead.

Also to those that are talking about moving there stuff, just do it 16 gig at a time with a USB Drive if all else fails.