E3 2010: Xbox 360 Slim Announced, Shipping Today

Stoorm_

Dec 22, 2009
Doug said:
FinalDream said:
Since my launch day 360 sounds like a jet engine taking off I might pick this up.
Same here! Though no word on if the slim model will be available in the UK at the same time as the US...probably not. And no word on if the old xbox's can be traded in.
play.com UK are doing a 16th july release. :)

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
I don't get it.. 360 was already slim enough to begin with.. it's smaller than the ps3 slim, original xbox and ps2.. hell it's the smallest console i have..

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
You didn't go to E3?!
I figured most of the escapist editors would have gone!

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Lucky buggers, I'm gona have to kill one of those journalists (an Escapist journalist if possible) and steal their Xbox!

I dunno, quieter fan and built-in wireless is pretty cool and all, but I can't help but feel like its a bit ugly...

Oh wells, its whats inside that counts - lets hope we don't have another wave of RROD! In the mean time, I shall be going back to my PS3.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
SoxFan96 said:
Umm, unfair.

I really hope that this means that the price of the network adapters is going to go down. This is a very good opportunity for anybody who is just getting the console though, internal hardrive, quite, and wifi adapter.

Lucky bastards though in the audience though,
Unfortunately they waited too long imo, anyone who wants a 360 already has one at this point i'd say..

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I actually thought of getting myself a 360 Elite, then I heard some rumors about a new 360 yesterday. I'm SO gonna get this, it looks like a damn Transformer, only shinier.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
...Anyone else think it looks about the same size? It's not like the PS3, where it went from the size of a mountain to the size of a small car, the 360 was already pretty small. Either way, it still has no native high definition support, and I'm betting it might still have a terrible case of the gremlins. Not a blatant copy at all, no!

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
I'm definitely not going to get. It looks like an hourglass, and it really pisses me off that Microsoft handed so many out.

Stoorm_

Dec 22, 2009
Double A said:
I don't get it... how much bigger is 250GB than the original 360?
first one was 20gb.
using mathematics that is 12.5 times bigger.
giving you a 1250% increase ;)

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
...That... is a sexy looking machine... And if they've truly fixed the loud grinding noise and immense heat, it might be worth getting...

ziggy161

Aug 29, 2008
I cannot BELIEVE everyone in the damn room got a free one. >_< But srsly, doesn;t anyone think the slim looks like a bastardization of the Wii and PS3? It looks like the ps3 ate the wii. And how much of a ripoff was all the sport and fitness games? Geez. XD

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Ooooh, that's quite pretty. Can I get it with blue LEDs? Then it would fit with my PC colour scheme.

Also, can I rip out the hard drive and replace it with a standard SATA one?

boredkid

Nov 18, 2009
Oh. My. Gooooaw--
...*changes pants*
Ahem! Sorry about that.
Do want. I think I'll hold off and make sure the reports of this "RRoD fix" are true, and maybe by then I will have $300 of disposable income to put into it.

SonOfIkaros

Oct 6, 2009
Very nice! I already have a 'box though, and I'm happily married to it I'm afraid. But a nice deal anyway, 250GB is impressive, and the built-in WiFi sounds sweet.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
This is great for the people that either don't have one or bought a 20GB a while ago. But having just bought an Elite at full price a month ago, I can't help but feel a little gypped by Microsoft. Couldn't they have announced it a couple months back? Oh well. Hopefully the new one won't have as many hardware issues.