E3 megathread

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Bannerlord wins E3 for me.

Can't be a bad E3 if they show Bannerlord.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States

Sums up my feelings to the Microsoft showing, even if it's not actually Kaz.

Richard Kain

Aug 10, 2009
Microsoft comes out fairly strong. Their press conference didn't really have that much in the way of big reveals. But what was shown there speaks well for their plans for the Xbox brand going into the next couple of years.

The model S Xbox One is a positive development. It is a solid hardware version for expanding the user-base and boosting sales. Smaller, sleeker, more gaming-focused, and priced to move. This is what many might argue the original Xbox One should have been. This is the kind of model that could help the Xbox One gain broader acceptance.

I'm also encouraged by Microsoft's insistence that the Scorpio model is going to be an expansion on the brand, and not a successor. Attempting to push a power-focused Xbox Two would have been a huge mistake. Couching it as an "option" and insuring compatibility with the budget-priced option is wise.

Balls in your court, Sony. Let's see what you've got.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
omega 616 said:
Titan fall looked amazing, kind of want a xbone (yes, I am still calling it that) just for it!
They confirmed Titanfall 2 will be available for the big 3...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Even though Microsoft's Xbone S and Scropio thing was weird as hell, their conference in general was damn good. I'm not even going to play most of those games but they showed so damn much gameplay. Little bullshit, lots of games.

That We Happy Few trailer/intro was my personal high point. I watched a lot of the alpha stuff and I had no idea how they'd make it into a coherent thing. They've shown now how and I'm loving what I'm seeing. I really want that game, definitely.
Johnny Novgorod said:
Alright what is "fat grill" and why does it keep coming up on the chat sidebar?
Grill = Twitch-ian for girl. Welcome to Twitch's Memeville. 'Enjoy' your stay.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Alright what is "fat grill" and why does it keep coming up on the chat sidebar?
Well, I just googled it.

I am not enlightened as to it's meaning, though I now have several unpleasant images seared into my brain.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I expect a lot worse and even though the minecraft thing was pure cringe along with the pirate game video chat thing, it still at least one of their better press conferences.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
omega 616 said:
Marik2 said:
omega 616 said:
I don't want to speak on behalf of all gamers but honestly and please tell me if I am wrong, does ANY GAMER give a fuck about celebs? They wheel on a celebs for a cringy game of BF1, most of whom seem to be RNB/rap stars but you have like Zac Effron and Terry crews etc , do any of us care?

Is this just game publishers figuring "everybody likes celebs, lets invite a load". I don't follow esports but I'd rather seem them play ... get day9 or totalbiscuit to play. I don't want to see snoop play BF1 on a PC with a fucking controller!

Titan fall looked amazing, kind of want a xbone (yes, I am still calling it that) just for it!

ME looked good, I expected nothing less.

Then everyone's favourite sports ... sports ... more sports, more sports and sports. I know they sell well but don't sell them to us, if you're watching E3, you're not doing it for fifa or NFL. If you're into them games, you're going to buy them, regardless of if they are at E3. (or am I being presumptive?)
They want people who don't know much about gaming culture to buy their game
Pirate Of PC Master race said:
omega 616 said:
I don't want to speak on behalf of all gamers but honestly and please tell me if I am wrong, does ANY GAMER give a fuck about celebs? They wheel on a celebs for a cringy game of BF1, most of whom seem to be RNB/rap stars but you have like Zac Effron and Terry crews etc , do any of us care?
I think when they said "expending the fanbase", they meant.... that to happen.
Ok, so I don't know anything about gaming but think Zac Effron is just dreamy ... so I watch him give a short as shit interview, (which was cringy as fuck, like Aisha Taylor levels.) then watch people play a game, I don't know which one Zac Effron is but he is playing it, so now I am going to go out and buy a ?400+ system and then ?50 to play the same game Zac played this one time for an hour?

Or was it more like "hey, celebs do this so it must be cool! Now go and spend ?450 to do what they do sometimes!". I don't think anybody would do that ...
Eh, it works for film, so they probably just assumed they should do it for gaming. Typical EA board room office decisions. The same types of people who described the Xbone as the next watercooler. They're completely out of touch with mainstream gaming culture, and don't realize that celebrities don't sell games. I could see the benefit of bringing in major league athletes for their sports titles, but otherwise it's a wash.

The only other reasoning I can think of is if they are trying to make games appear more mainstream in general.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Diablo2000 said:
Still, looks like the character you don't pick dies. Damn, Corvo really not have it easy first the Empress who he was sworn to protect, was a lover of and had a child together dies and he gets the blame for it
And then gets hand picked by (pretty much) Satan
who also gives Corvo the still beating heart of the Empress. Which also binds her very soul, so she cannot move on.

I'm going to level with you - Corvo's life is slightly less than glamorous.

Shaun Kennedy said:
I think people asking for Fallout Shelter on PC is why it happened, I'm one of them. I don't own (nor want) a mobile device, so being able to finally play it on PC is very nice.
Wait, you could already play it on PC:

1. Head over to Bluestacks [http://www.bluestacks.com/] download it and install it

Bluestacks is a virtual Android platform for the PC. You can install and Android apps on it.

2. Log in using a Google account

3. Install Fallout Shelter

4. Play Fallout Shelter

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
The bird game looks interesting, I don't know why they are firing lasers though wouldn't it be more interesting to have to catch them.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Did anyone see foot water juice drinking on the intro to today's Jimquisition? I would link it myself, but it makes me pretty queasy just typing about it. Those people, oh gawd, those people are not from the same dimension, i'm certain.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I can see console sales slowing drastically now that the Neo and Scorpio are on the way. Who in hell is going to buy a PS4 or a One when they can wait and get the updated versions.

Microsoft especially seem vulnerable to this, as they already had the least selling console, is the Slim version of the One going to hit wanted sales figures? I might have been interested in changing my current Xbox One to a Slim but don't see the point now, I'll just wait and upgrade to the Scorpio. Save money now to spend it later.

Interesting for me is the expansion of the cross-buy system for One/Scorpio and PC. I have to admit that makes me much more likely to get the console version when I'll get it for the PC as well. I can then even give away then console version to a friend and they can play.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Anyone else getting tired of the VR shit? So many reveals for a new, uncommon and expensive piece of hardware... Feels like the Kinect 2.0 again.