E3: Minecraft Coming to Xbox 360 With Kinect

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Obviously this will be an xbox live game or you'll need an Internet connection on your 360? If so: NOOOOOOOOO if not: Count me in!

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
hmmm, could be interesting, but I am not sure how they would do most things if it is for Kinect. Then again I don't have Kinect so I wouldn't understand much of it anyway.

Since the only games my shite laptop can run are Minecraft, Terraria and some crappy game that are 10 years old, I will be sticking with Minecraft on my laptop. No need to get it on my Xbox 360 really.

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
I already have Minecraft though, so I wont be getting it just for Kinect! Looks interesting though. Notch is top Notch :p

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
I think I'm going to end up buying it for the 360. If my guess is correct it'll be an XBLA title and will allow you to sign in on your existing accounts and perhaps host your maps for you cloud style.

I love me some minecraft on the pc but after a while I get back problems so it'd be nice to transfer over to the couch/bed and play around a bit there. Depending how well they implement it of course, I'm not particularly fussed about mods and the like and have faith most of the "good" stuff will be implemented by Mojang themselves towards the end of the game and then release their own in-house mod packages as well as mojang-approved popular mods from the fanbase.

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
Cool to see that people that don't have a PC can finally get to see what I've been talking about!

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
VincentX3 said:
Srs bzns said:
VincentX3 said:
I can see the war coming already...

I'm still sticking to PC obviously, dought the 360 will get any mods.
Yeah, but I just hope people who have bought the game on PC will be able to play it for free on Xbox.

Namely, me.

And you never know, Notch could be the first to release a "best of" pack of mods and texture packs.
Namely you? Are you special??

And why would they make the 360 version free if you have it on PC? Just because you buy a PC version of any game, they will never give you a 360 version for free and vice-versa.

Sit down sir. I was not intending to point out only me, just use me as an example. Many people would have Xbox and MC accounts corresponding to the same email account, maybe some kind of check could be done so said people did not have to pay twice.

Korusho

Apr 4, 2011
Oh god whats going to happen when you want to dig out that 1k x 1.2k room for your underground shrines?

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
"Your arms are huge! You must work out."
"I play minecraft on Kinnect."

If this conversation happens once, something is right with the universe.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I can't see this being... good.
Minecraft is a game you just 'get into' and play in a daze for hours upon hours as you build your doom fortress with lava moats.
I can't imagine the game having that effect when you have to flail around.
It'd be way better with ye olde gamepads.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
Meh.

I doubt I'll play it on xbox and I'm happy playing it just on the PC. I don't see the ability to use the kinect making the game more fun then it already is.

[HEADING=1]GAIKAI ADS IN MAH FUCKIN FACE!! PLEASE STOP![/HEADING]

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
samsonguy920 said:
Notch reveals another facet of his business craftiness. Shame 360er's will have to wait until it is actually done to play it.

I await the home video of the following:
"I'm a dwarf and I'm digging a hole...diggy diggy hole...CREEPER!" *runs into wall*
and then Israphel hits them with arrows in real life right?

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
This is great for people who are intimidated by buying a game in euros. I.E. my dad.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
PixelKing said:
samsonguy920 said:
Notch reveals another facet of his business craftiness. Shame 360er's will have to wait until it is actually done to play it.

I await the home video of the following:
"I'm a dwarf and I'm digging a hole...diggy diggy hole...CREEPER!" *runs into wall*
and then Israphel hits them with arrows in real life right?
Notch revealed in his blog after E3 [http://notch.tumblr.com/post/6385865216/post-e3-information-dump] that the Xbox Minecraft will actually carry a different name, and though he will be involved, Notch won't be a programmer on that project. He will keep crafting away on the PC version so that it can be released on time, sometime after 11/11/11. I think this is good news for Xboxer's as it shouldn't feel so much like a console port from the PC. It is bad news for PSer's as it is going to be 360 exclusive.

I wouldn't discount the Yogscast [http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos] being involved somehow. Turns out Simon got a voiceover gig with the game Dwarfs, as evidenced in the following. Enjoy.

So, that's a little update you can share with fellow Minecrafters who might be out of the loop. Version 1.7 is being titled the "Adventure Update" which has me hopeful for some big additions. Still no confirmation on whether pistons will be included, but I am hopeful. They would make for a great trap tool.
And I wouldn't put it past Israphel. But I would also speak kindly of him. Who do you think actually eliminated the Herobrine?

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Ophiuchus said:
I hope this is just 'Kinect compatible' rather than 'REQUIRES Kinect'. Even if I wanted and could afford Kinect, I don't have anywhere in my house with enough clear space to set it up, so it's sort of disappointing that damn near everything is going to be using it in future. The message from Microsoft is pretty clear: "don't have Kinect? Well fuck off then, no more games for you".
Don't worry, Notch himself said that Kinect isn't actually necessary.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
GamesB2 said:
Incoming wave of PC elitists screeching about consoles and how they are so vastly superior?

I will probably buy this so I can play with my Xbox friends who have computers made of swiss cheese.

This doesn't mean I'll stop playing on PC, this just means I have an open mind about these things.
Actually no, Notch has already told us that this is a totally separate version of the game.

(My guess is that it'll less buggy though, since Notch himself isn't the one doing the programming.)