Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
How will Microsoft handle MC updates then?

Still no free updates so people have to pay for MC updates?
You can update games for free on xbox, just look at Burnout Paradise

Developers have to either charge money for their updates or they have to pay loads to update/addn new content to their own game on xbox.

Hence why Team Fortress 2 on xbox is still crap.
Somehow i doubt that.

Oh and TF2 is crap on xbox because its TF2.
No need to try and flame, just using TF2 as an example. Free updateson PC, but nothing on Xbox since Microsoft won't allow it to be free on the xbox.
Well if you can flat out ignore my example i dont see why i cant shit all over yours. Plenty of games have been updated for free on xbox. SSF4, Burnout Paradise, AC:B, Left 4 Dead (thats a valve game so explain that one)
Updated, for bugs and such yes, but no new content for free.

I haven't played Burnout or AC:B on the xbox, but the campaigns and such for L4D2 are not free on xbox, The Sacrefice costs money on the xbox.
All the examples i gave were free CONTENT updates, not just bug fixes etc. Multiplayer maps, missions, modes. Hell Burnout Paradise added motorbikes and a bunch of new stuff, all for free. Sorry but you are just wrong on this one.
Didn't they make you pay for Big Surf Island and things such as offline multiplayer though?

OT: I predict many arms falling off from all the digging.
A lot of Add-ons are indeed paid content, i was just showing that you can get free content updates on the 360.
you sir in my honest opinion are 12 years old, have only ever played Xbox and and are a complete douche

(captcha korea, noland) oh shit
Because i proved my point after someone stated a falsehood? Grow up fanboy
fanboy label eh? best you got? no you didnt prove your point you proved your point like Bill 'O Reilly not at all and like a douche
Someone says you cant get free content updates on the 360, i provide examples showing that you can. What more do you want?

Also i have no idea who the fuck Bill O Reilly is so try again
i am just going to stop because i have two warnings and if i respond to this the way i want i WILL get banned

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
When did I ever say I was talking about mods? I was talking about the base game being riddled with more bugs than an ant nest. Which even in an update designed to fix bugs happens in truly embarrassing numbers.
Misunderstood ya then, my apologies.

My point still stands though, it's in Beta and most titles are riddled with bugs in their Beta stages. (or if you're Bethesda, in your retail and later goty stages) Especially such an open end game like Minecraft, no way can anyone foresee every bug. The last major patch from 1.5.4 to 1.6.6 has more or less been one giant bug-fix though

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Amondren said:
imnotparanoid said:
Well, Fortress craft is fucked thats for sure.
*EVil grin*
and boy am I glad it is (unending hate for that game).
Can I ask why? Just curious.
Its just a blatant rip off that is so obvious trying to jump onto the Minecraft band wagon by making a clone of Minecraft for 360 owners.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Amondren said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Amondren said:
imnotparanoid said:
Well, Fortress craft is fucked thats for sure.
*EVil grin*
and boy am I glad it is (unending hate for that game).
Can I ask why? Just curious.
Its just a blatant rip off that is so obvious trying to jump onto the Minecraft band wagon by making a clone of Minecraft for 360 owners.
Have you played it, the guy making it wants it to more be creative with PVP. I'm not denying it's similar but I thinks it's more inspired than a rip off, after all isn't Minecraft based off of Dwarf Fortress?

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
Hehehe... Just imagined Xbox users ragequitting cos turning around is a little more complicated with the Kinect than the Mouse...

... Doesn't sound so bad in theory yeh but I reckon you're forgetting something...

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!1!

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
VincentX3 said:
I can see the war coming already...

I'm still sticking to PC obviously, dought the 360 will get any mods.
Yeah, but I just hope people who have bought the game on PC will be able to play it for free on Xbox.

Namely, me.

And you never know, Notch could be the first to release a "best of" pack of mods and texture packs.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Srs bzns said:
Yeah, but I just hope people who have bought the game on PC will be able to play it for free on Xbox.

Namely, me.
Seriuosly? you already ahve it on PC, why woudl you want to play inferior version of it?

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
Strazdas said:
Srs bzns said:

Namely, me.
Seriuosly? you already ahve it on PC, why woudl you want to play inferior version of it?
I have a feeling several of my friends might be... motivated to buy it when it comes on Xbox.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
I can see the headline:

"Child kills parent with a pickaxe after playing minecraft with kinect

Exerts say the child became dangerously addicted to minecraft and tried to mine their mother's head for stone....."

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
Srs bzns said:
VincentX3 said:
I can see the war coming already...

I'm still sticking to PC obviously, dought the 360 will get any mods.

Namely, me.

And you never know, Notch could be the first to release a "best of" pack of mods and texture packs.
Namely you? Are you special??

And why would they make the 360 version free if you have it on PC? Just because you buy a PC version of any game, they will never give you a 360 version for free and vice-versa.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
finally i have a reason to actually buy a Kinect. doubt i will until it either drops in price or ALOT more games become available for it, (looking forward to E3 then)

Baldr said:
I'll only play on the 360 if I don't have to pay for the game again.
Ditto.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
VincentX3 said:
they will never give you a 360 version for free and vice-versa.
i got the Duke Nukem Demo on the Xbox for buying Borderlands on Steam... so i don't see why not.

im guessing if they do, then it will be through MineCraft.net where you log in, and get a code for redeeming on the Xbox. i dont know if this is what they will do, im just saying they safely could do it, and knowing Notch (he's a nice guy right) they should do.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I hope it can be played using a normal 360 controller... has that been confirmed yet?
They didn't really specify in the press conference.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
The Apothecarry said:
One question regarding the Kinect: How the hell are you supposed to MOVE AROUND?
Its a trick!
thousands will eagerly buy it, and after a while you realise you cant move the game fades to a Rick Roll!
ITS A CONSPIRACY! WHY DO YOU PEOPLE NOT S-

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Mantonio said:
Huh. Well, I'm not worried.

Minecraft will always inherently be superior on PC, and (because it's Micro$oft) the 360 will have NO FREE UPDATES!
It all depends on how updates are handled. While Microsoft generally wants people to pay for additional content, if the developer can fit the changes into a title update this issue can be circumvented entirely.