EA: Crysis 2 Will Be a "Halo Killer"

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
Crysis 2 isn't killing it in the sense of BC2 killing MW2, 2 games bashing against each other and the one with a sense of shame winning. It's more like Nomad sprinting up to a panting and out of breath Master Chief, and Sparta kicking him off the cliff right beside them... Only to have Noble team fly up on their jetpacks and throw Nomad back to his own time and space.

Halo is getting a bit same old same old now, Reach is perfect to finish it off though, it has to be said. Crysis 2 should be a good laugh hearing all the 'console only tards' saying "OMG WHY IS THERE A 2 AFTER IT'S NAME?! THERE WASN'T A FIRST LOLOLOLOL"

You know that's what's going to happen.

And for those of us who have had the privilege to use the original as a benchmark for our computers, sucking out every shred of RAM possible to enjoy a fun experience with other like minded gamers, it has been a pleasure, because the second Crysis 2 hits consoles things just won't be the same again...

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
1trakm1nd said:
The only "killing" Crysis will do is hardware.

The first crysis game beat your computer with a rusty pipe, now they made a second one to finish the job.
The second one's for consoles, so PC's that can barely run Crysis should have no trouble with Crysis 2.

Yeah, that's what the publishers like to say for their big titles. Halo-killer, WoW-killer, and all those good stuff. I'm not exactly sure how to kill something that's not alive (not to mention software aren't exactly physical objects), but if that's what floats their boat then good on them.

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
lostzombies.com said:
I thought the most effective Halo Killer to date was the halo online community?
They are some sort of necromancers, managing to get a game to a state of undeadness after it's been hit by a train.

PwnSt0nes

Jan 10, 2010
yah i think they seriously just shot themselves in the foot by calling themselves a "____ Killer"

So far i have never seen in the industry where that has worked.

but oh well. halo will soon be a thing of the past anyways. kinda like CS :(

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Halo is already dead from CoD...so, it's a bit of a null point...

Plus, I think they are getting a little bigheaded...they have no where near bungies exposure

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Oh dear...

I have to say John, this article does seem a little risky... who knows, we might have the odd Halo fanboy who might lurch up and cause a row about how Halo beats CoD, spreading pointless flames everywhere :p

OT: I think the term "so and so killer" has kiiinda been overused... I wander if it'll be put in the memory banks of ROJO-preview version?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
At a stroke any chance of Crysis 2 gaining a positive reception has been wiped out...

Now it's release is going to be mired in more than the usual is it better X schtick. Stupid bleeding EA man, plus it's never good karma to speak ill of your competition.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
There won't be a "Halo Killer". Halo makes too much money for Microsoft to stop producing the games.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Since when has anything described as a something-killer ever actually done that?
WoW killer, iPhone killer, iPod killer, Xbox killer...

It's pretty much an assured failure phrase to me.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I'm not sure Crysis 2 will keep the standard that the first game had.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
"Our story is better than MW2's, our universe is better than Halo's, our game will beat Reach"

It's things like this make me want Crysis 2 to fail. I have no doubt it'll beat MW2's story (not hard, let's be honest) and it'll look very nice, but until I see some promising gameplay I have no desire to play your average shooter but starring a robot gorilla wearing ski goggles.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Man I always hated the term "____ killer."

To me it just seems they only created the game just to beat another game. It sounds unprofessional and slightly douchey.

But thats just what I think of the term.
I wonder when people are going to market their games as a "Killer killer"

"Because when this game is released, nothing will ever be able to kill it."

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
So, it's not going to suck like the first Crysis game? That would be pretty nice, now wouldn't it?

Ninjaghostdog

May 4, 2009
Yeah but the first crysis sucked, only good thing was the graphics. The term game kill suggests you hate another game or Frank Gibeau has a bigger ego than Kanye West. Either way knocking halo of its spot won't last for long since Reach is coming and a lot of people are loving the beta.

Anyway gaming should be collaborative not competitive since its great medium yet to developed even further when the next generation of consoles come around.