EA "Embarrassed" by How Good Its 2017 Releases Will Be

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry the idea of EA actually releasing more than one good game in a row BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *sigh* good one guys, thanks for the laugh!

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Brian Tams said:
Lawl, if their 2017 releases are anything like Battlefront, then they'll be embarrassed alright.
This is EA we're talking about. I don't think they actually know how to feel much of anything except arrogance. And maybe resentment on some occasions.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I guess they would be embarrassed.
They have a title to uphold, after all

Timeless Lavender

Lord of Chinchilla
Feb 2, 2015
Should I be going to EA/gaming hell for not looking forward to any of the titles? Mirror edge seem to be the one that have the faintest spark of curiosity from me. But the game looked very puketastic with a hint of motion-sicknessria.

Then again the only EA games that I like is The Sims *casual gamer alert*.

Shadefyre

Mar 25, 2008
So is this the way they try to gloss over having nothing major coming out in 2016?

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"...And then you'll give us so much money, and we'll be all, 'no, stop it guys, really, this is too much,' and you'll go 'but we love you so much, you're so good to us, you're just so awesome', and we'll go, 'okay, but can we at least take you for ice cream or something,' and you're like, 'really, you'd do that for us...?'"

A lack of big franchises to exploit hasn't been EA's problem for some time now. Getting them to market in a form that lives up to their promise, in a way that doesn't rely on a lacking network server infrastructure, and that doesn't come with an attached DLC model that makes customers want to spit at them through their teeth, on the other hand...

Seriously, EA. Don't throw yourself the bouquet for the awesomeness you think is coming down the line. Just do one thing really, really well. I mean, so well that no one has any reason to spite you for it. Nothing that feels like it wants to sell you the real game in a year. Nothing that feels like one more trip to the well of a franchise whose loyalists already feel betrayed. Nothing engineered from the start to gouge more money out of paying customers. Nothing that's fundamentally broken across the backs of everyone who trusted you enough to pre-order. Nothing with random drops, in-game currency, user data collection, social media tie-ins, in-game advertising, or cross-platform goofballery. And not the fifty-eighth barely-noticable upgrade of a yearly sports franchise.

One. Solid. No-cause-for-complaints. Game.

After that, you know, you can go back to being EA.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I can't qoute big posts because this phone is really being a c**t right now...but everyone seems to be too EAngried to point out the little niggle,...missing K... "Most of these games we already sort of (k)new were coming, with the new
Battlefield being the only (albeit, slight) surprise."
Sorry, qouting certain sized posts are really stupidly complicated on this device :/

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
They'll certainly be embarrassed by something, but it's not due to how good the games are.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
WolvDragon said:
So Mass Effect 4 got delayed? Really? Well shiiiit!! I thought they were aiming for a 2016 holiday release. Oh well, here's hoping they use the extra time they got to make it a really great game.
If I were to guess, the on disc DLC is acting up, or they haven't figured out how to phrase "this game will always be online" to delay the up and coming shit storm by a few precious minutes.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Dear lord, this guy will need a couple industrial diggers to get his head out of his own ass. No, EA CEO. This list is nothing to be embarrassed about, senpai will not notice you for it.

Sep 9, 2007
Micah Weil said:
Okay, you're saying 2017 is going to be awesome.
What about 2016?
Due to ongoing issues with the development process, EA has cancelled 2016.

OT: Really, EA? About the only thing that even looks slightly interesting from that is the new Mirrors Edge game, and not even that is something that I'm looking to get within the first month of launch.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
EA's embarrassed by how good their releases in 2017 will be, but they're also embarrassed by how bad their business practices still are.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
"The games we're making are so good, it's embarrassing."

That has got to be the stupidest marketing ploy I've ever seen, aside from the "Your mom will hate this game" thing that EA did a few years back.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
EA "Embarrassed" by How Good Its 2017 Releases Will Be
it is calling it an "embarrassment of riches"
Now I enjoy a good EA bashing as much as the next guys, but these things don't mean the same thing. "Embarrassment of riches" is an idiom that means an overabundance of something, while it has much older origins it's a term you often here in pro sports. Mr. Moore here is boasting that they have a good lineup coming out in 2016, he isn't actually "embarrassed" about anything.

I mean is it even proper to use the quotes around 'embarrass' where the guy said 'ment' and you change it to 'ed'? I suppose some liberties can be allowed, but like I just said the manner its used and the manner being quoted don't actually mean the same thing.

Solbasa

May 3, 2014
There are lots of things that EA should be embarrassed about.

How great their games are (with the possible exception of Mass Effect, but I give EA itself 0 credit for that) definitely should not be high on that list.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to Mirrors Edge: Catalyst, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Titanfall 2, though with EA I probably wont get them until I've read some trusted reviews first.

I'm disappointed though, I thought all these were coming out 2016. I just hope extra time = extra quality.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
mirrors edge was a game i was really looking forward too but looks like i have to wait even longer. i hope this means for improvement but with EA you never know. dont care about the rest. lets hope i will not lose excitement at that time when mirror comes out.

Poopster

Dec 23, 2010
Circlejerk aside, i'm really looking forward to the new mass effect and battlefield. I can probably build a new PC by then. Yay! :)

9tailedflame

Oct 8, 2015
EA is almost worth existing just based on the humor value of the complete crap that they spew at this point. I do agree with them on one point though, i do think that there games should induce embarrassment on their part, just not for being good...