EA Slings More Mud at Activision

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Damn, he is bloodthirsty. Got to admit, takes some balls to basically say "Fuck off" to your competitors, deserves some respect.

Personally, I just find it delightful, like an entertaining commercial (the mud slinging) between your favorite shows (the actual games).

esplode

Dec 17, 2008
Seriously, I was still thinking of buying BF3 even though it needs Origin and isn't on Steam. Not sure after this.

And while I agree that CoD needs to be knocked down a few pegs, essentially yelling insults from across the room doesn't help EA do that. Making BF3 awesome will though.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Oh great, it seems the developers are starting to act as bad as the fans. This can only fuel the needless flame war between the two games.

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
haha I love it! just wait til they get out the actual tar and feathers! waaaah someone is making fun of me! people who complain about this have never worked in a warehouse or a trades environment then. dishing out is all part of the fun. and you develop a thicker, less sissy skin in the process.

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
Do you remember a time when adults would tell you to grow up. And do you remember all of the speeches where they warned you about the big bad world and how you can't be a kid out there, that you need to be serious.

*glances at politicians and then glances back at articles*

Yeah ... what were they smoking when they told us that.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Regardless of whether there are facts involved or not, mudslinging is pointless and nonconstructive in whatever field you are in. It is like when the Big 3 of Detroit tried to make Japanese cars look bad, they proved nothing and only hurt their own sales.
It is the same with politics. More politicians than ever are using the tactic, and it is alienating them so much from constituents that more people are thinking what the hell is the point and not voting at all. And then we only end up with the next big loudmouth and dolittle in congress or the white house.
It comes to the same here, regardless of whether Activision is being honest in what it is saying, EA is coming off the worse because it is making the industry look bad. This is complicated even more because there are people who see EA as being the developers of games, and then that stain spreads to those developers that EA works with or owns.
Reputations are being judged no longer on quality, but by who can throw the biggest f-bombs. It is like we are in middle school and it is sickening. This isn't what we should be about. It should be about innovation and quality and customer retention.
I see this going on between EA and Activision and know what I want to do? Go to Valve. THQ, and Take Two and buy their games. When the tactics are just to throw epithets and insults, don't side with either until they start acting like adults. Unless you plan to spend the rest of your own life in the playground and alienate people you would rather have by your side.
As much as Battlefield 3 looks fun, I won't be getting it. Because that would only enforce EA's position that what they are doing is right. And it is not. Their crap against Steam is farcical, this bit against Activision is sickening, and plenty of other treasures in their arsenal of fail convinces me it is about time EA just went away.
Plenty of other alternatives to choose from, plenty of other games made by people who don't feel the need to act like the schoolyard bully.

Jimi Bove

Jan 29, 2011
In the past few months EA has managed to alienate and lose its entire PC market, Activision has stopped making the dumb decisions it made with MW2, and I've realized that Treyarch is actually much better than InfinityWard (unless you PREFER a game where sniper rifles, explosives, killstreaks, and certain random guns are HOPELESSLY OVERPOWERED to the point where you might as well NOT USE HALF THE GAME THAT YOU PAID FOR). Now I see EA acting like a child (which I don't think they've done on purpose before) and ACTIVISION being mature. ACTIVISION of all people. Plus, Activision is (these days) winning in the competition of who can make the least bad decisions (vs EA).

HALF OF THE SHOOTER PART OF MY GAMING WORLD IS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN!!! Actually, that's not a large part of gaming at all... unless you count market shares.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
These are the antics of a schoolyard popularity contest between two rich, loud kids that most of the class think are wankers anyways. :p

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
God, can't both titles just crash and burn? I'm sick of modern murder-simulators (because unlike old-school FPS with sci-fi and fantasy, this truly feel like a murder-simulator. "Yaaaay! Let's play real soldiers and show how cool it is to shoot other real soldiers! Soldiers are badass and war is cool!", though my main issue with the games is always the "realistic" way it handles taking a bullet. But that's just my flavor), and the trash-talk between the two companies is exactly the kind of crap that I expect from people that actually play CoD/BF.

..Okey, fine, EA is the worst of them (as usual).

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Anyone else not taking the moral high ground, and thinking this is fucking fantastic? BF3 is going to kick the shit out of MW3, and EA know it. It's good that they're getting to Activision, maybe they'll put some effort into their games now.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
This is stupid and childish, but even more stupid and childish is that Green's taunt was essentially, 'You guys had almost all of the sales last year(all of them), but this year you'll only have over half the sales! Ha!'

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
I know they're both wankers of companies but damn if it's not funny watching them ***** at eachother.
"I think it's a shame we have been fighting like this and feel we could return to a more amiable time"
"LOL. Pussy."
"Oh it's on *****"

Basically what I'm seeing here. I will get BF3 over CoD because much as I hate EA as a company Dice are actually doing some good work while the CoD franchise has moved nowhere, except maybe a little sideways. Big shame but I want BF3 to win this, even if it means handing the win to EA because Activision have been so shoddy with CoD it's disgusting.

Obviously Skyrim > all.

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
"The two then got into racist, homophobic arguments, much like the 5 year old kids who make up most of each individual game's fan base"

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
I love how everyone here is taking it so personal as if their own mothers were being insulted

Jumplion said:
Personally, I just find it delightful, like an entertaining commercial (the mud slinging) between your favorite shows (the actual games).
This guy gets it.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I don't like either of them. They are both gaming companies gone wrong. It's just a business to them, no heart in it, no passion, just cold targets they need to reach.

Theswweet

Apr 25, 2011
Lets see...

Activision is obviously lying through their teeth, but EA isn't helping. They DO have some good points, but should state them in a better way...

Maybe bringing up how Activision has stated they just want to milk CoD?

Either way, this is an interesting time, and I'm still buying BF3.