Earth's Mightiest Teaser

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Earth's Mightiest Teaser

MovieBob breaks down The Avengers teaser frame-by-frame.

Read Full Article

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Skrull invasion, anyone? Seems suitably earth threatening, which given the dialogue heard so far seems to be what's happening here. Kind of an obvious choice, maybe, but that doesn't make it a bad one.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
ummm... are you waching a differnet trailer? cause your times are all off and a couple of scenes you reference aren't even there. I mean i've watch this thing dozens of times and trying to sync with your descriptions isn't working. I mean i like these deconstructions of trailers but if you're doing something different to what is linked please inform us so...

ALSO; Looking at the bigger picture, is anyone kinda surprised that the avengers, i have to say it, the second most well known superhero team is getting a movie before the most well known superhero team, the justice league? i mean i know that DC would love to put out a movie for all its big IPs and then make a justice league movie. Is it weird that even though everyone knows about the justice league DC can't make a decent movie for anyone who isn't a pyschopath in a batsuit fighting other pyschopaths?

personally speaking i didn't know about the avengers until i really started getting into comics. I find it odd that with all the various incarnations of justice league for TV that isn't getting a big screen adaptation first.

Still Avengers is looking like it's gonna be awesome.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
J03bot said:
Skrull invasion, anyone? Seems suitably earth threatening, which given the dialogue heard so far seems to be what's happening here. Kind of an obvious choice, maybe, but that doesn't make it a bad one.
It's probably the Chitauri from the Ultimates

Sep 14, 2009
rayen020 said:
ummm... are you waching a differnet trailer? cause your times are all off and a couple of scenes you reference aren't even there. I mean i've watch this thing dozens of times and trying to sync with your descriptions isn't working. I mean i like these deconstructions of trailers but if you're doing something different to what is linked please inform us so...
i noticed that a bit too. oh well

OT: Hey looks like we agree on something for once bob, especially the soundtrack part, i really think some epic orchestral parts could have done this movie wonders, hopefully they hit another trailer out in the spring that has that perhaps.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
I have to agree the NIN music feels out of place here - ever since the 300 trailer it seems like people can't get enough of pillaging The Fragile for trailer music though ..

Otherwise looks awesome can't wait!

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
MovieBob said:
At this point, people asking "Why doesn't Tony Stark just make wearable-fighter-jet suits for all of them???" are politely asked to stop being party-poopers and learn not to hate fun so much.
Um, I assumed it was because the others don't have nuclear reactors where their hearts should be...

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
01:54 Aaaaaand there's your new "Hulk," ladies and gentlemen - a suitable compromise between the more realistic Ang Lee version and the more comic-accurate Incredible version.
I think you have that backwards. The Ang Lee Hulk, which had a poppier, brighter green skin tone, looked way more like the classic comic depictions than the muted gray/puke green from Incredible Hulk. Come to think of it, the whole of Ang Lee's Hulk is far more accurate to the comics than the Marvel Studios movie was (Banner becomes Hulk after saving someone from being hit with radiation, the Hulk had a childlike personality, and General Ross genuinely wants to protect people from the threat of the Hulk, whereas Incredible Hulk lacks the first two elements and turns Ross into a more conspiracy theory type of figure).

More on topic: apart from Downey, Jr.'s Whedonspeak being pretty good, I thought that trailer was way too boring. Maybe it's because I've been underwhelmed by every one of the Marvel Studios movies save for the first Iron Man, but for the major earth-shattering, genre-bending movie event that brings all these characters together, it looks like something Jerry Bruckheimer would've farted through the studio system in the '90's.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I loved the trailer thus far. I can't wait to see it when it includes better, post-production shots. And I'm happy to have a lot of Iron Man in this trailer. I know that's not everybody's taste but Robert Downey is, arguably, the biggest film star in this mix of heroes as well as the star of the most popular film among all the pre-avengers films. Logically, in order to get the skeptics interested, they had to have him be the big focus at the start. Ideally, Cap takes the helm and says, "Avengers Assemble". Ideally, it plays an ensemble cast scenario where no one hogs the screen too much longer than the others. But, unfortunately, I feel like the film will focus more on Iron Man and Iron Man will probably try to run the team and be butting heads with Cap throughout the film, despite not being fit for the role of leader with his lack of responsibility and whatnot.

Also, music wise, it must be the theme from the animated series. If no one in the trailers will say "Avengers Assemble" then let Radiohead do it from the perfect theme song for this film.

Also, will there be a mention of Ant-Man and Wasp? I know that IMDB says Ant-Man will have a movie sometime down the road (if this movie here works anyway). But I like Wasp and I really hope that they get in this film, or at least a brief mention.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
Sylocat said:
MovieBob said:
At this point, people asking "Why doesn't Tony Stark just make wearable-fighter-jet suits for all of them???" are politely asked to stop being party-poopers and learn not to hate fun so much.
Um, I assumed it was because the others don't have nuclear reactors where their hearts should be...
Well, Stark made his first Arc Reactor IN A CAVE, WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS, so it's not like they're hard for him to make.

Bob, I approve of the Lonely Island reference.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I'm a little sceptical of how well the 'Whedonspeak' is going to play. As much as I liked Buffy back in the day, Joss Whedon's characters all sound the same to me. Good for Tony Stark/Iron Man, sure, but can he really write some of the others (especially Captain America) without giving in to his temptation to be knowing and ironic?

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
Um... incidentally, why has nobody said "Avengers Assemble!" yet?
They're saving it for the climactic battle of the movie. I can already see it. They all group together in front of the camera, we get and individual close up on each one and then Cap says it, and hell breaks loose. Called it.

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
"Coming only to cinemas"

So no blu-ray release? That'll be a shame, I was going to collect them all..

SimGrave

Jan 7, 2010
I have a question about continuity for you Bob, or anyone who has an answer.
At the end of Incredible Hulk with Ed Norton, Nick Fury talks with General Ross.
Leading us to believe that Fury wants Ross on board, not Hulk
In the Avengers' trailer, it's clearly Hulk, Bruce Banner that is part of the team, not Ross.
(yeah I know, that's how it is in the comics, but I'm talking about the movies here)
Why is that? As far as I know, there wasn't any closure between Banner and Ross.
Do you think that it'll be explained, or just ignored?

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Arcanist said:
Sylocat said:
MovieBob said:
Well, Stark made his first Arc Reactor IN A CAVE, WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS, so it's not like they're hard for him to make.

Bob, I approve of the Lonely Island reference.
Which was slowly killing him until he made the improved one in the second Iron-man film... And it wan't scraps so much as parts from all his weapons that were sold on the black market.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Arcanist said:
Sylocat said:
MovieBob said:
Yeah, but he'd have to scoop out large portions of their chests to put them in, unless he wanted to use the highly-inferior model that Obadiah used.

Besides, Hulk wouldn't fit in one, Thor doesn't need one, and Cap would probably be too proud. Black Widow is more stealth-oriented, and I imagine they're putting Hawkeye in the "sniper" role.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
You know what movie they really need to make? The Justice Friends. That's all I think about when I see the Avengers hanging out together.

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
J03bot said:
This is what I personally think too, especially given the canceled avengers video game

Regarding the different looking suit for captain america maybe they go with the whole during the cold war they had a different guy rocking the captain america suit (was it bucky who did that?)