Eidos Reveals Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Specs

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
I was right, its here on this site. Human revolution isn't being made for x-box then ported to PC, the two games are being developed side by side.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108708-PC-Version-of-New-Deus-Ex-Developed-by-Partner-Studio

Fitzcaraldo

Member of three secret societies
Feb 2, 2011
Andy Chalk" post="7.281791.11036358 said:
Eidos Reveals Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Specs

GPU notwithstanding, it's pretty basic stuff. Even a dual-core CPU is just about baseline these days and there's no excuse for having just one gig of RAM these days, even if you don't play games with your PC.
The recommended requirements are a little more challenging but even so, you clearly won't need bleeding-edge iron to experience the game in all its mouse-and-keyboard-driven glory.

Stop mocking my pathetic netbook! *cries*

Oh well, I guess I won't be getting this on my PC. I'll console myself with the original.

Jewky

Feb 19, 2011
They're at the 6000 series and 500 series now, but I guess my 4890 will continue to do the trick for a while ;)

pokepuke

Dec 28, 2010
Rack said:
There is no need to redesign the renderer to use the latest tech though, it's not as though Mass Effect wouldn't work on a 580GTX
You mean the PC version that already has its renderer designed for the PC? Well yeah, if the 580GTX is backward compatible, which it is, then sure, it would run.

and while there were compatability problems with Dual Cores back in the day I'm sure this was patched without demanding the user has 3 extra cores to produce a lesser effect.
No clue what the heck this means, but it seems you just don't get the idea of technological compatibility.

If they designed it around 2005 tech the game would look vastly superior on tech a couple of years old and addmittedly only marginally better on the bleeding edge.
Actually it would look exactly the same.

But there's no bad there, the only disadvantage is it's easier for the developers to bodge together a quick port that's horribly horribly inefficient.
Right, so we're back to the compatibility thing. Efficiency has nothing to do with this. Like I alluded to before, it is not at all a terms of power thing, it is that the older cards simply can't reproduce the image the game is outputting. You can still try it out and see what it does, though.

That might make economic sense but it's sickening to see them lionised for producing a game that could easily run well on a 7800 GTX with a single core processor needing a Quad core and a 5850 for exactly the same effect.
Part of this is true, and does relate to efficiency. They could spend another year on it or hire more people for creating the port PC version, to optimize everything and maybe get it 50% faster. Would that make it run on a 7800? Not at all. Does it mean a 8400GS could get playable framerates? Perhaps.