Elder Scrolls V Similar to Mega Man With Dragons

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
"GO AWAY!"
*Dragon gets scared and flies off.*

Yeah the dragon shouts sound cool. But will I be able to ride a dragon into battle? At least a little one?

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
read this in gameinformer, love the idea...

when I read the title for some reason I was really hoping there would be a video of a sidescroller version of skyrim that would be packaged in skyrim... like you find an arcade cabinet in game with a megaman esque skyrim game

yeah I know the time period/world setting I just think that would be hilarious.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
Geo Da Sponge said:
Couldn't they have come up with a better name than 'dragon shout'?
Lizard Scream, UFO Yell, Mythical Beast Yelp, Flying Scaled Animal Growl, Serpent Bark, Snake Howl, Wyvern Whoop, Reptile Shriek. Any of those doing it for you?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
WrongSprite said:
Why does anyone care about the name? I don't care what they call it, sounds like a pretty cool feature to me.
This, honestly. If you don't like the name 'dragon shout', call it something else, it's not a big issue.

I'd love to see one that makes the dragon come in close so you can punch it in the face. I dunno, it'd be funny.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
so will this be a, "fuck you" button only for dragons?

Hopefully there's an awesome dragon soul eating spear in teh game or I'll mod the damn thing in.

Reliving my days in D&D as a copper dragonborn using a spear that makes me a deranged killing machine of dragons would be awesome.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Sounds amazing, I'm looking forward to hearing more, after Oblivion it can only get better, hopefully.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
I'll start clearing my schedule for november.

Btw, is it just me who think that this new theme is the best so far?

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Isn't Alduin the Nord name for Akatosh? You know that good dragon god that saved your ass from Mehrunes Dagon?

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
But can you ride a dragon?

Or at least turn into one?

I'm guessing they're equivalent to the powers given by constellations in Oblivion - once per day/once per week superpowers. Still, this sounds fascinating, and more dynamism in the world is always a good thing in my book.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Dragon Puff.

Hopefully there isnt too many major dragons or its going to be oblivion all over again.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
November = Birth month.

Let it happen and we better see a massive graphical update like you promised us. "Like you are playing on a new console".

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Here:

Troll from TES IV: Oblivion:

Troll from TES V: Skyrim (unfinished):

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
they'll regularly destroy towns
Don't fuck with us, Bethesda. No they won't.

And FFS, it's called Thu'um, not "Dragon Shouts." Or it's not really, but something called Thu'um already exists as a ancestral Nordic practice, and I assume they're going to extend it /retcon it to dragons. It's associated with Kyne and the wind, though, not Alduin.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
linkvegeta said:
Tom Goldman said:
Elder Scrolls V Similar to Mega Man With Dragons
what does it have to do with mega man? I read it twice over and watched the video.
In Mega Man, when you defeated a abd guy you got a special power from him. Just like TES V and dragons.