Elder Scrolls V Similar to Mega Man With Dragons

CanHasDIY

May 7, 2010
linkvegeta said:
Tom Goldman said:
what does it have to do with mega man? I read it twice over and watched the video.
IDK, but I assume it has something to do with absorbing the ability of fallen enemies...

Better than comparing it to Kirby...

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
Shycte said:
linkvegeta said:
Tom Goldman said:
what does it have to do with mega man? I read it twice over and watched the video.
In Mega Man, when you defeated a abd guy you got a special power from him. Just like TES V and dragons.
I didnt get it mostly because there are alot of games that you power up after beating a boss, so i was assuming the worst and thought that the game might have been turned into a side scroller game thank god its not.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Huh, what's this feeling? I've felt it before. It's the feeling of hype!

I really like what I'm hearing, and hopefully it will bring back some of that fantastic atmosphere Morrowind had.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
Couldn't they have come up with a better name than 'dragon shout'?
Roar. There ya go.

Chapper said:
Huh, what's this feeling? I've felt it before. It's the feeling of hype!

I really like what I'm hearing, and hopefully it will bring back some of that fantastic atmosphere Morrowind had.
Judging by the screenshots of the wilderness, that is looking like a "fuck yes."

Joshimodo said:
Straying Bullet said:
November = Birth month.

Let it happen and we better see a massive graphical update like you promised us. "Like you are playing on a new console".

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Here:

Troll from TES IV: Oblivion:

Troll from TES V: Skyrim (unfinished):
Wait, trolls have hair? I thought that was skin... green skin.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I dunno guys, this is sounding dumber and dumber the more I see of it, and I'm not even looking. Hell, that skill management screen looks very flashy, but completely dysfunctional. I just see no reason to be hyped up about this game other than it sharing the same series title as my favorite game.

laxduck

Jul 12, 2010
Geo Da Sponge said:
Talk to a TES lore buff and they're pretty sure these "Dragon Shouts" were previously referred to in Nordic lore as the "Thu'um". Dragon Shouts may end up being different but the two are very similar and I would no be surprised for this to be confirmed when the game comes out.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Double A said:
Wait, trolls have hair? I thought that was skin... green skin.
Elder Scrolls trolls? Always fluffy little ape guys. Well, WERE little. The Skyrim one looks like he's been downing 'roids in the 200 year hiatus.

Also, yeah - They're often referred to as Gnolls or something as well.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Rationalization said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Lizard Scream, UFO Yell, Mythical Beast Yelp, Flying Scaled Animal Growl, Serpent Bark, Snake Howl, Wyvern Whoop, Reptile Shriek. Any of those doing it for you?
why not Panda Hug ! like: at the next game, the Player Character will have the ability to use pandas as riding animals...

that's the only picture i've found about what i was thinking about:

so either this or...

A panda riding a dragon :plop:

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Xzi said:
Signa said:
I dunno guys, this is sounding dumber and dumber the more I see of it, and I'm not even looking. Hell, that skill management screen looks very flashy, but completely dysfunctional. I just see no reason to be hyped up about this game other than it sharing the same series title as my favorite game.
Hopefully you mean Morrowind, because whatever new features they can cook up will always be an improvement over Oblivion.
Oh I most certainly do. It's why I'm such a nay-sayer on this game before it's even out. Bethesda is going in a direction with their open world games that started with Oblivion and I won't be fooled into following them again. I'm certain Skyrim will be a very fun game, sell millions of copies, and be loved by many. I just won't be one of them because I go to The Elder Scrolls series for an experience of immersion, not some cheap thrill that every other game ever on the market also strives for. It would be like playing a Zelda game with all the puzzle elements pulled out because "they slowed the action down".

Maybe I'm asking too much since I've only really played 2 TES games, and only one of them I loved. I guess when I love a game that much and I ask for more, I want more of what I'm asking for, and not some bastardized version with an attractive title stamped on it.

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
Think we gotta climb the dragon to put it down ala' Collosus style?

Makes more sense that some little dude hacking the lizard apart with a butter knife.

->on that note, I hope they remove the ability for some fool to block my warhammer with a little dagger.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Kill me slowly with anticipation, will ya?

I think we should all take this as a good sign for things to come: Random Encounters!

What a refreshing concpet compared to Oblivion where bears and minotaurs were spawned every 10 feet in the same, exact, stagnating orders. I swear, some routes were like a boring-fight-cheat code of "Bear, Minotaur, Minotaur, Bear, Ogre, Land Draugh, Bear, Ogre, Ogre, Ogre, Bear, Minotaur." I do hope that enemies in general feel varied and give the sense of a constantly shifting world of danger. For instance, one encounter near a tomb could be against bandits and much later trolls. And the one after that? Hmmmm, maybe just some gobl-OH #*$@! A DRAGON!!!