Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
It seems weird that they call it forbidden when so many people use clones that aren’t Naruto and nobody ever goes to ninja jail for it
I love that the first thing that came up in youtube when I searched for "ninja jail" is ninjago.

They can't contain those dangerous ninjas! No jail can stop them!

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It seems weird that they call it forbidden when so many people use clones that aren’t Naruto and nobody ever goes to ninja jail for it
I think shadow clones are just forbidden because you can easily kill yourself with it because it takes a lot of energy, but only Naruto can do it because he has an Elder God trapped in his belly button or something.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
As a general rule forbidden jutsu in Naruto are forbidden because they have some terrible downside - they're less "illegal" and more "extremely dangerous to use." You know like they take so much power that you could easily accidentally exhaust or even kill yourself with them, they damage you in a way that cannot be healed, they directly sacrifice the user's life or something similar.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
You've created a false binary where neither side is even reasonable. You're gonna have to forgive the "almost everyone" who wouldn't agree with either of the sides you've constructed. Trump is not one of the dumbest humans in modern history, nor did he win the presidency for a second term.
I did not and I will not.
God bye cultist.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
"Anyone who thinks Trump isn't literally Hitler is an insane cultist!"

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Do you know who popularized this hot-take? This is obviously someone else's opinion.
I dunno, I'd say the mainstream media over the past 5 years, by calling him sexist, racist, corrupt, criminal, trying to impeach him and ending up with nothing, eating steak well-done and with ketchup, claiming collusion with Russia ,etc.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I dunno, I'd say the mainstream media over the past 5 years, by calling him sexist, racist, corrupt, criminal, trying to impeach him and ending up with nothing, eating steak well-done and with ketchup, claiming collusion with Russia ,etc.
It still fills me with deep comfort knowing that Democrats avoided the subject of impeachment during the election. Like, they impeached the guy, and then clearly got so much blowback over it that they agreed never to speak of it again, and that gives me some faith in Americans appropriate disdain for hyperpartisanship.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Damn imperium coming in here accusing people of being Chaos cultists just because we don't agree with the what we're told is the God Emperors will.............
It still fills me with deep comfort knowing that Democrats avoided the subject of impeachment during the election. Like, they impeached the guy, and then clearly got so much blowback over it that they agreed never to speak of it again, and that gives me some faith in Americans appropriate disdain for hyperpartisanship.
When is this shitshow going to be over?
I don't care who wins anymore, I was promised HAPPENING and I held my breath for a week after the elections yet nothing ever happens.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I don't care who wins anymore, I was promised HAPPENING and I held my breath for a week after the elections yet nothing ever happens.
thedonald.win is still going strong. They're collecting evidence and making charts and graphs and stuff.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
then you see people like AOC calling for a list of everyone who has supported Trump in any way to be made to make sure they're never able to again and people taking that as also list Trump voters personal details to try and push to blacklist them from any job. Then the faith in America drops back down again.

December 14th if not before then.

Assuming there's no more delays or insane things happen.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
then you see people like AOC calling for a list of everyone who has supported Trump in any way to be made to make sure they're never able to again and people taking that as also list Trump voters personal details to try and push to blacklist them from any job. Then the faith in America drops back down again.

kek there's a website where you can find out if your neighbors donated to the Trump campaign. I even looked up my uncle's name just to see if he donated. Obviously he didn't, the cheapskate.
thedonald.win is still going strong. They're collecting evidence and making charts and graphs and stuff.

yeah I saw that press release. There was a judge shuffle this week in the supreme court - all of the disputed states are under Rep judges. Georgia with Clarence. Ah, sweet, sweet revenge, brewing for 30 years... But it's all just fanfiction at this point. Super entertaining, but still...

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
then you see people like AOC calling for a list of everyone who has supported Trump in any way to be made to make sure they're never able to again
This...
"Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future? I foresee decent probability of many deleted Tweets, writings, photos in the future "

is nothing like what the words you just said.

edit...
OH! You said people 'LIKE' AOC, not 'actually" AOC. Clever.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
AOC: "Don't let people who supported Trump pretend they were always against him by memory-holing their support"
The Party Of Personal Responsibility: "How dare you hold us accountable for our own actions in the future"

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Damn imperium coming in here accusing people of being Chaos cultists just because we don't agree with the what we're told is the God Emperors will.............
Not accepting that Trump could have lost and instead spreading conspiration theory stuff about stolen elections is pretty cult like behavior. Reality does not mesh with worldview so any other explaination, no matter how farfetched or unlikely seems plausible. And whenever one is proven wrong the next one is just around the corner.

We are not yet at "Lizard people made Biden ballots", but clearly headed in that direction.

Reactions: Kwak

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I think it has to happen before Dec 1 so the new member can be prep for the vote on the 14th. I'm pretty sure that includes all supreme court cases and generally it was to go up through the courts normally. Trump better get a wriggle on

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Not accepting that Trump could have lost and instead spreading conspiration theory stuff about stolen elections is pretty cult like behavior. Reality does not mesh with worldview so any other explaination, no matter how farfetched or unlikely seems plausible. And whenever one is proven wrong the next one is just around the corner.

We are not yet at "Lizard people made Biden ballots", but clearly headed in that direction.
Which, is not actually what happened here.......................

People are calling others cultist for refusing to repeat the LIE that there was absolutely 0 fraud at all that happened in the US election.

It's one thing to claim people are being cultists if they are saying Trump won 401 EC votes (WHICH NO-ONE HAS SAID HERE).

It's quite another to call them cultists for pointing out actual reports and charges for election fraud even admitting it's not likely co-ordinated or widespread but fraud happened.........

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The bit was something only you realized.
That exact feel of... whatever you call it... is how I generally feel like talking to particular trolly conservatives. I hope I convey the silliness of it because this generally goes for days. Endless post of that sort of nonsense thats usually not related to the topics but more about how youre a bady murdering, pedophile commie

Hence, I dont go near Reddit or chans anymore, or touch things like Gab. I dont feel like being taken for a ride. It doesn't cause discussion to happen.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
AOC: "Don't let people who supported Trump pretend they were always against him by memory-holing their support"
The Party Of Personal Responsibility: "How dare you hold us accountable for our own actions in the future"
Personal responsibility based on the guidelines you seem to want.

Voting for the party that loses immediately is grounds to lose your job and be blacklisted in any industry you are in until you managed to vote for the winner. It's also ground to face people attacking your property, harassing your neighbours to pressure you to move.

I don't think this is the precedent for accountability you want to set now is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.