Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nothing like a bit of opportunistic, performative moral high ground.

They've got a point, in that sort of talk really is not helpful. Nevertheless, there have been one hell of a lot of comments "unbecoming of an elected official" over the last few years, and I doubt you could have found these guys putting out so much as a disapproving statement for love nor money.

Reactions: bluegate

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Russian hacking (along with other general election meddling and influencing) was proven by US intelligence agencies and even acknowledged by the (Republican) Senate report. There was no proof votes were changed in any way, but voter information was viewed/stolen.
I thought at best they found some click bait farmers spent about $100k on facebook seeking clicks and that it isn't clear these people (13 of them?) actually gave a care who won. ITMT: I'm sure some meddling happens in every election but the "muh Russia" narrative was cooked up by HRC for political gains. Obama supposedly approved, Biden knew of it and didn't. I'll have to review some.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I answered this question already.
No, you didn't.

I mean, 'they' also only limited your choices to two in the first place and both aren't going to be very good for the country. They did already show their power to put in whoever they want. Having Trump and Biden contest was the rigging in the election
You don't have to vote for either democrats or republicans.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I thought at best they found some click bait farmers spent about $100k on facebook seeking clicks and that it isn't clear these people (13 of them?) actually gave a care who won. ITMT: I'm sure some meddling happens in every election but the "muh Russia" narrative was cooked up by HRC for political gains. Obama supposedly approved, Biden knew of it and didn't. I'll have to review some.
Not to offend, but that's likely all you remember because of the sources you chose. Read (or re-read) the Mueller report, the Senate report, and the House report on the subject (PDFs are available online for them). All 3 agree that it constituted far more than just 13 click-bait farmers without an agenda.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No, you didn't.
#3,266

And now, the evening news:

66 state reps sign resolution stating that MO has "no confidence" in election results, calls upon congress to deny fraudulent electors.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
"If I don't get what I want, I'll sue!"

Remember how we used to say this as little kids in elementary school?

Never figured there'd be an elderly president with the same mindset, or that there'd be 70 million people willing to go along with it.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

Never figured there'd be an elderly president with the same mindset, or that there'd be 70 million people willing to go along with it.
What's preventing you from at least entertaining the possibility that they have a legitimate grievance?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I’m pretty sure Trump was elected (at least partially) so he would do this.

This was what everyone said Trump would do if they lost. It was a selling point in 2016

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Not to offend, but that's likely all you remember because of the sources you chose. Read (or re-read) the Mueller report, the Senate report, and the House report on the subject (PDFs are available online for them). All 3 agree that it constituted far more than just 13 click-bait farmers without an agenda.
No, you're not wrong. I'm sure the Senate report did a dandy job of finding things Russians did that constitutes interference. And we do the same. China, Israel. But the only arrests I'd ever heard of on the Russian collusion narrative regarded the 13 click-bait farmers. And we never really got details on that. Jim Jordan went off stating how we never would hear those details. Be happy to review any links you may have on the details regarding those farmers.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Pennsylvania resident here. Levin is overtly full of shit. That is all.
Pennsylvania resident (worth listening to) here. This description is accurate in the general sense, but the state supreme court and anyone who touched this election in Philadelphia shouldn't be allowed to touch an election anywhere ever again. I don't think they're trying to enable or defend election fraud, but they've deliberately created the image that they're doing so entirely out of spite, and that enough should disqualify them from making decisions on further elections.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Cornyn's not following Ken Paxton's plan to get a pardon. That's 2 good calls he's made in 2 weeks. I think 2020 might actually end in an apocalypse.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
If Biden did not win legally, and I think he did not, and was aided in doing so by a bi-partisan elite that selected Biden over Trump for their own reasons, what's the point of voting? They have the power to just put whoever they want in, regardless of how I vote.
We'll see.
What evidence would you need to convince you that Biden won legally?

Reactions: gorfias

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Order fake ballots, and put them through. They wouldn't be recognized in a recount.
Order fake ballots and shred the Trump ones so that the ones the algorithm flips wouldn't be detected in a hand recount.
Also, nobody is saying this is part of one individual's master plan. It could be multiple actors working independently and attacking from different angles, as it were.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I'm not really sure where to post this, but fuck it,

The Democrats are just run by the Alzheimer's ward it seems.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
No, you're not wrong. I'm sure the Senate report did a dandy job of finding things Russians did that constitutes interference. And we do the same. China, Israel.
Yeah, I'd imagine that if Russian intelligence didn't interfere with the 2016 US elections, there'd all of a sudden have bene some vacancies in Russian intelligence.

Reactions: gorfias
Status
Not open for further replies.