Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Nobody liked my joke calling Fidel the cool Castro. There is clearly an anti-Fidel cult in these forums.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Nobody liked my joke calling Fidel the cool Castro. There is clearly an anti-Fidel cult in these forums.
You'll get your likes soon enough. Planning on any drug experimentations now that it's all legal?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
A good start might be to stop doing stuff like mindlessly upvoting each other's comments pretty much irrespective of content. It makes it feel like a cult.
can't do that the core of the "progressive" ideology is combined pushes and if they don't blindly support whatever push they might be denied support for their ideas and pushes out of pure spite because "They've not build up enough social currency to be to be worth the emotional labour to support" or some such BS.

There is no neutral on a moving train let alone suggesting you change tracks and don't plow through those civilians one group on the train really wants to.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
can't do that the core of the "progressive" ideology is combined pushes and if they don't blindly support whatever push they might be denied support for their ideas and pushes out of pure spite because "They've not build up enough social currency to be to be worth the emotional labour to support" or some such BS.

There is no neutral on a moving train let alone suggesting you change tracks and don't plow through those civilians one group on the train really wants to.
can you reword what you said I didn't get any of it

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
can you reword what you said I didn't get any of it
I can but saying it other ways is probably more insane but here goes.

One of the core parts of "progressive" ideology at present is the idea of intersectionality. Part of that is the idea of the combined struggle against "The oppressor" and the idea by helping one group throw off their proverbial chains said group will then help throw off other "chains". It's not about ideas and if people support them it's about being there going "Yeh I fought for that now help fight for what I want". It's often not about sincere feelings or belief but making sure you're in a position so when something you care about comes up people will help support that.

The problem is you then can't step out of line on things and people who do get pushed out and you're expected to help ostracise them and punish them by shaming them and more stuff for not following the approved line. Thus progressives become an echo chamber purging their own members in a sort of purity spiral until as is often seen now their messages don't travel much outside their little echo chambers.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Dunno what I just watched, but it went on far too long and was incredibly sad.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
"THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF SHENANIGANS"

NOTHING.

It will end in court. What a waste of another 2 hours of my fucking life.

Orange man sad.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
OH SHIT HE'S STARTING MAKE THIS SHIT GOOD

TLDR version:

Trump surprisingly with a fairly good PR move.

Moves away from Stop the count

Focuses on allegations of fraud.

Cites cases of observers being denied access

Cites cases of local courts siding with his campaign and cases where Republican observers were they messed about including an allegation some observers were told they'd only be able to observe the count from outside of the building without many windows to see into the place.

Claims it doesn't matter who wins him or Biden this is about integrity of the election cycle.

Says evidence of fraud will be delivered to the courts.

Also challenged Biden to say that they denounce any fraudulent votes and if they have nothing to hide they won't mind fraud claims being looked into and things verified.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Dunno what I just watched, but it went on far too long and was incredibly sad.
They need to get him in front of a crowd so he can talk about Lady Gaga again

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
TLDR version:

Trump surprisingly with a fairly good PR move.

Moves away from Stop the count

Focuses on allegations of fraud.

Cites cases of observers being denied access

Cites cases of local courts siding with his campaign and cases where Republican observers were they messed about including an allegation some observers were told they'd only be able to observe the count from outside of the building without many windows to see into the place.

Claims it doesn't matter who wins him or Biden this is about integrity of the election cycle.

Says evidence of fraud will be delivered to the courts.
Orange man sad
low energy, pretty defeated. I thought he would pull something good

Status
Not open for further replies.