Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Trump surprisingly with a fairly good PR move.
Distancing himself from the ''STOP THE COUNT!'' cry was certainly a good pr move. However everything he said still sounded dangerously unhinged and showed an absolute refusal to recognize he might have lost. The very first moments were ''if you only count the legal votes I easily won''

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Orange man sad
low energy, pretty defeated. I thought he would pull something good
honestly this actually was Trump pulling something.

PR wise this was actually fairly big because if Biden tries to fight this it will be used as evidence of there being something and him trying to hide something and pushed more.

If Biden does anything but let it run it's course now then if he does become president there will be some doubt over his legitimacy and not only among the Trump hardcore.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Distancing himself from the ''STOP THE COUNT!'' cry was certainly a good pr move. However everything he said still sounded dangerously unhinged and showed an absolute refusal to recognize he might have lost. The very first moments were ''if you only count the legal votes I easily won''
I tuned in a bit after that I think.

At the end he did kind of hint about the idea of Biden winning by saying it wasn't about who won but the perceived integrity.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I'm genuinely interested in the rationalisations & defences Trump-favouring forumites will come up with.

I mean, calling it fraud without a shred of evidence, launching suits to have valid votes discounted or counts stopped, outright claiming victory falsely... its tinpot dictator stuff. He's unhinged. Anybody with the faintest belief in lawful democracy has to agree its bollocks, surely.

Reactions: Secondhand Revenant

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'm just worried that if he is declared the loser, then he is just gonna be a dick and not pass a stimulus bill this year.
He could go scorchee earth and just deplete resources to hospitals

He could pass a stimulus but make it 5 or 10 trillion making any possible further stimulus impossible

He could open up borders to international flights

The possibilities are endless

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'm genuinely interested in the rationalisations & defences Trump-favouring forumites will come up with.

I mean, calling it fraud without a shred of evidence, launching suits to have valid votes discounted or counts stopped, outright claiming victory falsely... its tinpot dictator stuff. He's unhinged. Anybody with the faintest belief in lawful democracy has to agree its bollocks, surely.
When has evidence ever mattered?

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
He could go scorchee earth and just deplete resources to hospitals

He could pass a stimulus but make it 5 or 10 trillion making any possible further stimulus impossible

He could open up borders to international flights

The possibilities are endless
Despite his big talk, he is not capable of going all out in his ridiculous stunts.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Despite his big talk, he is not capable of going all out in his ridiculous stunts.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I was just saying possibilities. I would say he'd never do these things but I've been proven wrong too many times these 4 years to say that with any confidence

Edit: did you see the latest Beau video?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
2024 Republican primaries Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Tucker Carlson, and Donald Trump.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

fine I'll play devil's advocate again.

1) Courts will throw claims out without evidence so let him waste his lawyers time and parties money (filing some stuff costs money)
2) Courts won't throw out valid votes most likely anyway so at most he'll get some investigation and ballots will have to be kept for x period of time longer.
3) US elections are already ranked as one of the lowest for integrity in the developed western world

So Biden has to either allow the checks and investigations OR it could see other nations get involved (some of which are very pro Trump) and it will really damage Biden in the long run.

Last edited:

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Georgia is within like 3000. It’ll be close but Biden’s gonna pass him up.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix
Status
Not open for further replies.