Electronic Arts Suffers $45 Million Loss

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Scorpid said:
39 million registered traitors...
EA folded any EA Downloader accounts into Origin.

So I have one even though I won't touch the service with the regulation 10 foot pole.

I would however like to see how many Origin users are active, similar to what Steam does.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'm continuing my boycott of them. I hope the pattern continues in this matter until the message is driven home.

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
Good. Now maybe they can stop being fuck faces. Oh wait, I'm still hearing things about Dead Space 3... FUUUUUUUU.....

Gormech

May 10, 2012
Hey, it looks like they were serious when they said they wanted to be indie. Keep up at this pace and you might prove us all wrong EA.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Daystar Clarion said:
Hopefully this is a sign that people are getting sick of EA's terrible business practices.

Maybe EA'll have a change of heart and not act like twats anymore, but I doubt it.
Mmm, I seriously doubt it as well. Especially given there are still far too many people that will openly defend and praise EA.

Hell, people I know personally, and even people on this very forum, still do so. I've even heard people trying to find excuses for why EA perma-banning people from their Origin accounts for failing to report bugs in SimCity is, somehow, a good and reasonable thing to do.

And people give me shit for defending my love of Steam...

Madgamer13

Sep 20, 2010
Greets!

It seems EA is getting a little too big for it's boots, thinking yet another game about modern warfare was going to sell in a sea of modern warfares. Personally, I didn't miss Medal of Battlefield: Call of the Doorfighter.

Or, of course, this is actually a ploy by EA to make sure Danger Close dies a horrible death in the face of the insurmountable competition that is the Call of Duty and Battlefield franchises. I wouldn't put it past the current climate of publisher controlled biggies to do such a thing.

Well, in honor of the approaching demise of Medal of Honor, I salute the franchise for trying. You were good, too good, and too slow as Call of Duty got to the modern warfare gold mine before you did. Godspeed, you magnificent bastard.

*mantears*

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
Guys... if you're going to hate EA at least hate em for the right reasons...

Warfighter was broken, glitchy shit. And this is coming from someone who generally buys their games. That's why it sold poorly, not cause EA is the devil when it comes to DLC or whatever gripe you have with them... they tried to sell a broken game and that idea failed. That's more Danger Close than EA's fault.

But much to your dismay I'm sure Battlefield 4 is right around the corner to turn things around a bit, assuming Dice doesn't royally jack up on the scale that Danger Close did.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Hopefully this is a sign that people are getting sick of EA's terrible business practices.

Maybe EA'll have a change of heart and not act like twats anymore, but I doubt it.
Come on, Daystar. What is this, a Disney movie?

At any rate, I'd say I'm happy but honestly, I doubt EA is gonna realize the reason why they've lost so much money. I also doubt they'll care. Being the dicks that they are, some poor saps will get fired and they'll keep doing what they're doing. And we'll keep buying their games anyway.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Oh burn Ea burn singing disco infern burn Ea burn

I want you to die a slow horrible death I want you feel the pain you caused other game makers I want you to suffer as you slowly die

Nov 28, 2007
Yes! Thousands of people have their jobs at risk! That's what they get for working for a company I don't like! They deserve to lose their job!

Am I doing this right?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
harryhenry said:
Genocidicles said:
ShirowShirow said:
EA's not going the way of THQ.
One can hope though... One can only hope.

It probably wont happen, yeah... but it's nice to think it will.
And put a bunch of talented people out of bisness?
better to put them out of business than to have them work for EA.

If EA falls, it won't just evaporate, everyone will be scrambling to pick up the pieces.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
I'd rather EA learn from their mistakes.

And, seriously, it's hard finding jobs in this economy. I'm one of them trying to find work in the game industry, but the competition is SWAMPED with qualified people all vying for the same few open positions. It's a nightmare situation I wouldn't wish on anyone, let alone people working at studios under EA. I hope they keep their jobs. I hope they HIRE for more jobs. I want to work for EA if it means I find employment in this medium.

Ramen noodles quickly lose their flavor.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Shit marketing or shit economy. YOU DECIDED.

I wonder will this end up with more cutting the good stuff and edges off already round sphere or trying to make something new and innovative that doesn't make customer a criminal everytime he buys their product.

Also ORIGIN is still illegal as platform in Finland, they got a warning from CRB already and still haven't changed the contract to comply with Finnish law! After 2 years!

So I wonder does practices like these continue elsewhere. And if they do - no fucking wonder they are falling down the drain pipe in a maelstrom is so strong it would suck the universe with it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Oh, the economy is definitely stronger (trust me, i do reports on economy for work), its just that your games havent gotten any better, and finally people are actually stopping and thinking: hey, if we got game x that is great, and then game y that is great from same company, why are we still buying this EA crap?

Then again, EAs slogan is challenge everything, and lately they seem to be challenging us and common sense a lot, so i guess they do stay true to thier nature.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
Maybe they should stop hiring people to stick their fingers in their employees ears... you know... kill two birds with one stone

Singularly Datarific said:
Maybe if they add just a liiiiittle more DLC they'll start profiting again. Must be those darn pirates.
THQ already tried that :p