Electronic Arts Wants To Be Voted Best Company In America

James Rednok

Apr 16, 2009
VoidOfOne said:
Don't want to be voted the worst again?

GET RID OF ORIGIN! Or at least make it so that I don't have to be online to play single-player games!

Get rid of the DLC checker BS that prevents me from playing any Mass Effect saves offline because they have DLC on it! That was total BS! Didn't even realize it until I got the whole series downloaded.

And give me Jade Empire 2! Or some spiritual successor, dammit!
You don't have to be online to play origin. I play C&C offline all the time. Poetic, given the poster above me. =3

Also, they gave out Battlefield: 1942 for free one day! =D

EDIT: (Oh man! Don't know what I was thinking! I meant the last poster on the first page... XD)

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Reed Spacer said:
every year the sheep buy it.
All right, I get how silly and fun it is to demean people who dare to enjoy games you don't like, but can we please stop referring to human beings as livestock now?

I seriously have a hard time believing anyone on the internet has any semblance of empathy anymore. Our own content creators from LoadingReadyRun have even stated that they get angry, frothing e-mails from people, respond to them rationally, and then get a subsequent response from the person saying "Oh, sorry, I didn't realize someone was actually going to read this!"

So, next time you feel like openly mocking another person over some incredibly petty thing like enjoying a sports video game, stop and remind yourself "Hey, that's a real human being on the receiving end of my post."
I'm sorry, but you've just made an assumptive conclusion - I was making a generalized statement as opposed to referring to a specific person. Last time I checked, opinions were allowed and if someone chooses to take personal offense, that's their prerogative, but not my problem.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Reed Spacer said:
Last time I checked, opinions were allowed and if someone chooses to take personal offense, that's their prerogative, but not my problem.
I fail to see how calling people who frequent this forum "sheep" is "opinion".

Contrary to popular belief, you don't actually get to run free of getting called on negative stereotyping by waving around the "Oh, but I wasn't directing it at anybody!" flag. You have referred to people who purchase sports games as "sheep". People who purchase sports games frequent this forum. One of them has already quoted you in this thread, and is in fact the person you quoted when referring to people who purchase sports games as "sheep". By proxy, even if not the intended target of your attack, you have indirectly called another user of The Escapist forums a "sheep".

And that's completely unrelated to my point, anyway. There's no reason to ever refer to another human being as a lesser animal, unless they're literally, physically, and psychologically acting like said animal. Considering that people who purchase video games rarely fall under those criteria, it is still incredibly rude to call a group of people, however nebulous they may be in your mind, "sheep".

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Reed Spacer said:
Last time I checked, opinions were allowed and if someone chooses to take personal offense, that's their prerogative, but not my problem.
I fail to see how calling people who frequent this forum "sheep" is "opinion".

Contrary to popular belief, you don't actually get to run free of getting called on negative stereotyping by waving around the "Oh, but I wasn't directing it at anybody!" flag. You have referred to people who purchase sports games as "sheep". People who purchase sports games frequent this forum. One of them has already quoted you in this thread, and is in fact the person you quoted when referring to people who purchase sports games as "sheep". By proxy, even if not the intended target of your attack, you have indirectly called another user of The Escapist forums a "sheep".

And that's completely unrelated to my point, anyway. There's no reason to ever refer to another human being as a lesser animal, unless they're literally, physically, and psychologically acting like said animal. Considering that people who purchase video games rarely fall under those criteria, it is still incredibly rude to call a group of people, however nebulous they may be in your mind, "sheep".
Well, I'm not changing my tune because I bunched someone's panties.

Take that as you wish - no doubt I've just offended someone somewhere.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I don't believe them, but I hope they do succeed in a good way, because I'm sick of being disappointed with them all.

You can earn my trust and respect instantly by dropping focus groups and get some experimentation on the way, real differences with new styles, and make the DLC actually worth it.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Reed Spacer said:
Except, it IS your problem if the mods start giving you warnings for it.

EDIT: Maybe just reign in the insults a bit, is all I'm saying.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
IceForce said:
Reed Spacer said:
Yes, and if I use what passes for logic here, someone'll read my previous post, think to themselves "Hey! I don't wear panties!" and flag my statement because I've somehow insinuated that they do..

Vyress

Jul 12, 2010
Wow... Well...

Before you start aiming to be the best, how about aiming towards not being voted the worst for a third time in a row? That's a start o.o You know, babysteps. You don't climb mountains before you can walk...

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
Vyress said:
Wow... Well...

Before you start aiming to be the best, how about aiming towards not being voted the worst for a third time in a row? That's a start o.o You know, babysteps. You don't climb mountains before you can walk...
You can if you have a rocket-pack!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Looks like the definition of madness can apply to both EA and this thread as well.
Madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

EA got a new CEO now, and from what i see he has been trying to push the company from the "most evil" edge slowly, so there may be brighter things ahead. That being said, EA was never the worst, not even the worst gaming company (CapCom wins that title).

Sejborg

Jun 7, 2010
MrFalconfly said:
Sejborg said:
MrFalconfly said:
Sejborg said:
Andy Chalk said:
"We looked at something as simple as the Online Pass," he continued. "People were telling us they didn't like that. So we weighed up the pros and cons and went, 'Okay. We will remove it.' These decisions need to be driven by what consumers want and tell us, and that is where we may have faltered a bit in the past."
Andy Chalk said:
So we weighed up the pros and cons and went, 'Okay. We will remove it.'
Andy Chalk said:
we weighed up the pros and cons
Andy Chalk said:
pros and cons
What pros EA? What were the pros? What?

Here's a tip for you EA. If you want to be voted the best company in USA, then stop being so mean all the time.
Eh. If you read the bit behind "Pros and cons" you'll probably come to the conclusions that there weren't that many pros.
My point exactly. But it was still introduced in the first place none the less... See how this fits together?
What? That EA has gotten a new public figure, instead of that Richitello guy, who actually possesses some rational thought, and can see that some of these ideas where battynuggets?
"I can change. I swear it." Next day the wife is beaten again. This isn't the first time EA has said they would change with a new public figure. And do you honestly believe that a new public figure is enough to change the core of the company? Let me ask you: is your boyfriend still beating you?

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Sseth said:
It's all hollow, forced PR that won't mean anything unless they prove they will continue to improve.
Exactly. Don't just talk, EA, let's see some action on your part. As other posters have said, it's gonna take a lot of time and sacrifice to get there. Are you willing to go the distance?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
That's good, can you tell me how the hell do I activate the Sims 3 expansion key I have now?
Because I seriously have no idea how, it's the strangest most cryptic thing to decipher, also why the hell do I have 5 different accounts with the same and e-mail?
Shouldn't you check or tell me it already exists or something?
I have no idea which one was for which game and some date back to like 2003 or something, I have no idea what's happening!

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
You're setting an impossible goal, EA.

It's too late for redemption. You're beyond the event horizon. All that's left is oblivion.

All we want is for you to be gone.

Sell all your stuff, donate the proceeds to the EFF, and go bankrupt in such a way that we will never see the name Electronic Arts again outside of historical articles on Wikipedia.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Reed Spacer said:
IceForce said:
Reed Spacer said:
Yes, and if I use what passes for logic here, someone'll read my previous post, think to themselves "Hey! I don't wear panties!" and flag my statement because I've somehow insinuated that they do..
Guy, you're just being abusive. You're actually saying quite a bit that may be construed as offensive and callous, especially with your refusal to recognize it. Also, it's a massive de-rail. Just move on and stop calling people sheep.

OT: So, anybody want to place bets on this?

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
The best and (in my opinion, the only way for EA) to not be the worst company in existence, be a silent partner to all the publishers under it's belt. And I mean silent, publishers do what and as they want with absolutely no meddling in their publisher's games.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe if that "Vote for the worst company in America" thing happens on Opposite day? :)

I kid, I kid. But seriously, EA has really dipped their cock into way too many of their developer's puddings. All they really need to do is take (amount of developers)x(step)s back and let them do their thing without interfering too much. Some meddling is understandable, but at the point where you can take a look at literally any of their titles, take the bad, sometimes crippling features and legitimately assume or know EA's behind it, that's the point where they need to back off.

I remember a point in my life where I actually pointed at EA's logo on the game disc and said "of course it's a good game, EA's behind it!" with 0 sarcasm. It's not hard to get there again, just listen to the developers and customers a bit more.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
They want to be the best?.. well i want 2 sexy dallas cowboys cheerleaders wearing only body paint instead of tops and super short barely there miniskirts to wait on me hand and foot and do WHATEVER I tell them to, but that's probably not going to happen.. just like being EA voted as best company in the US.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Sejborg said:
MrFalconfly said:
Sejborg said:
MrFalconfly said:
Sejborg said:
Andy Chalk said:
"We looked at something as simple as the Online Pass," he continued. "People were telling us they didn't like that. So we weighed up the pros and cons and went, 'Okay. We will remove it.' These decisions need to be driven by what consumers want and tell us, and that is where we may have faltered a bit in the past."
Andy Chalk said:
So we weighed up the pros and cons and went, 'Okay. We will remove it.'
Andy Chalk said:
we weighed up the pros and cons
Andy Chalk said:
pros and cons
What pros EA? What were the pros? What?

Here's a tip for you EA. If you want to be voted the best company in USA, then stop being so mean all the time.
Eh. If you read the bit behind "Pros and cons" you'll probably come to the conclusions that there weren't that many pros.
My point exactly. But it was still introduced in the first place none the less... See how this fits together?
What? That EA has gotten a new public figure, instead of that Richitello guy, who actually possesses some rational thought, and can see that some of these ideas where battynuggets?
"I can change. I swear it." Next day the wife is beaten again. This isn't the first time EA has said they would change with a new public figure. And do you honestly believe that a new public figure is enough to change the core of the company? Let me ask you: is your boyfriend still beating you?
I don't believe what they say at face value. I however will applaud any good thing they do. I understand that this is a weird standpoint to have in internet, to not be a vindictive bastard who think there's no possibility to be vindicated for anyone.

If EA screws up again then sure, let them have the third "Worst US Company ever" award. But if they really do turn a new leaf, then hurray more good games.