Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Drathnoxis

I love the smell of card games in the morning
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Ok, this wins the internet for today. I rate it 𝕏 for e𝕏cellent.
I don't get it...

Also, why is Twitter going from the immediately recognizable and fitting bird icon, that even people that don't use Twitter like me know, to a generic X? Is there actually any reason that Twitter needed a re-branding? I'm kind of out of the loop.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I don't get it...
It's a reference to the Ctrl Alt Delete loss meme.
Also, why is Twitter going from the immediately recognizable and fitting bird icon, that even people that don't use Twitter like me know, to a generic X? Is there actually any reason that Twitter needed a re-branding? I'm kind of out of the loop.
Most likely explanation is that it's another one of Musk's stupid whims, and it's 𝕏 because he is 15yo and 𝕏 is just so kewl.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
[After a trip to Know Your Meme] Huh, I just don't think I understand memes anymore.
Nah, you're fine, this one is just particularly contextualized by being a social phenomenon in the time it was new. If you missed it the first time around, its not likely to resonate with you. It's sort of like going back and watching Lost and wondering why people ever liked it.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Nah, you're fine, this one is just particularly contextualized by being a social phenomenon in the time it was new. If you missed it the first time around, its not likely to resonate with you. It's sort of like going back and watching Lost and wondering why people ever liked it.
Yeah, this happened to me with Always Sunny. I tried it last year and I got through 10 episodes... without laughing.

Reactions: CaitSeith

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Last post deleted, seemingly to avoid the troubles of unintentionally spreading tactics inherent within the subject of the reporting, - completely understandable and is a constant ethical balancing act those covering such issues are keenly aware of.

Reactions: BrawlMan

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Elon Musk is just so cool and epic, you guys

What is causing the light from the sign to appear as a reflection on both of those cameras?

One can hear the wind blowing into the microphone in both videos so I assume that they aren't filming from behind a pane of glass.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
What is causing the light from the sign to appear as a reflection on both of those cameras?
It's surely a type of lens flare: sometimes this causes general oversaturation, and sometimes it causes visual artefacts. This appears to be the latter.

Lens flare is essentially a "rogue" refraction of light through the lens system - very common when there is an intense source of light compared to the rest of the scene (often observed, for instance, in pictures where the sun is in shot).