Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
So if I've got this straight, if someone is harassing you on X (Twitter), it's Elon Musk's decision whether you have to put up with them rather than your own?

I wonder why it is that all these organisations think X (Twitter) is increasingly unsafe for its own users.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So if I've got this straight, if someone is harassing you on X (Twitter), it's Elon Musk's decision whether you have to put up with them rather than your own?
Not really, because there's still mute. In Twitter terms, mute is the function that just makes it so you never see a person. Block makes it so you don't have to see their content and they can't see yours.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Oh by the way for those that want to buy one of his cars, the Model Y has decreased in price and is rated for 300K miles due to battery tech. FYI.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
"Lol", he said, "Lmao."

View attachment 9471
I believe I hear a stampede of Elon stans rushing to tell you that banning isn't the same as blocking.

I wonder why it is that all these organisations think X (Twitter) is increasingly unsafe for its own users.
I wish Travis was real and have this reason you suck speech, and say it to Elon Musk and Trump.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So turns out, shocker of shocker, Musk is fully of shit and is either lying, or a complete idiot or both. Removing the Block feature from a Social media app is against the terms and conditions of hosting an app on both the Google Play store, and iTunes. So if he goes forward with his idea, it may see Twitter removed from mobile devices.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
So turns out, shocker of shocker, Musk is fully of shit and is either lying, or a complete idiot or both. Removing the Block feature from a Social media app is against the terms and conditions of hosting an app on both the Google Play store, and iTunes. So if he goes forward with his idea, it may see Twitter removed from mobile devices.
But he's rich, so they'll just make exceptions for his shitty app.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yes! Do it, Musk!

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
But he's rich, so they'll just make exceptions for his shitty app.
Legally speaking its really tricky, because if they give Elon a pass, then other creators can sue, claiming they deserve a pass, and then the Government has to step in and talk about equal business practices. It'd be a total mess.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The mute feature does what is required by those app stores. It allows you to remove the content you don't want to see from your feed and not receive correspondence from people you don't want to hear from.

The Twitter block feature is actually rather unique, as it currently exists. Social media platforms have ways to make it so you don't have to see or hear from other users of your choice. And most give users the ability to make posts private, so that only specific accounts can see it. Twitter is the only platform I'm aware of with a tool that lets you make it so only specific users can't see your posts. No app store requires social media apps to give users that ability. Youtube doesn't have that, nor does it have a feature named "block", it just has the ability to hide channels, and that obviously meets Google Play's terms.