Endings You Didn't Like (Expect Spoilers)

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
but you have to agree, surely the 3rd ending was pure brilliance? but digress, the 1st 2 endings were -_- moments for me...

njrk97

May 30, 2011
i ahte a cliff hanger ending for anything that is not confirmed to have a sequal eg kya darklinage on ps2

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
The ending of the Death Note anime.

When L died, obviously. Or better yet, make L win, and let Kira die.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
The ending to Code Geass, it was a great anime but started to fall apart towards the end and then the main character's death is just.....gahh!!!! so anti-climatic.

The Darren Shan Chronicles novel series. Everything is basically undone by travelling to the past and stopping himself from ever getting involved.

Repo-Man (The recent movie. Although considered, I just didn't like the original either). The entire second half of the movie never actually happened...it was all just a coma dream and everything is still shit.

Rurouni Kenshin anime. Ok I actually love this both manga and anime, but season 3 seems to fall apart as a whole and the last episode is one of the most boring episodes of any anime I've ever seen. As an ending, it sucked, but as a series, it was still awesome.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
jw1410 said:
The ending of Deus Ex: HR felt a bit lack luster and 'meh'. All I can think of which I was really left me feeling disappointed.
I felt the same way about the Deus Ex: HR ending. Also, the ending to Inception was predictable and unsatisfying (although the second part of that was arguably the point). The ending they had seemed the only appropriate one, so maybe that could be considered an inherent flaw in the movie's concept.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
All the Deus Ex: Human Revolution endings. I thought they were all crap and presented in such a crap way.

I also hated how you could just pick one of four buttons at the end to cause an ending, and that you were told the outcome of it. It made me feel like no matter the choices I made in the game or how I played it, it ultimately didnt matter. I did spend some time thinking about what I would do based on what I did, but I would've much rather it worked out the ending as you went along, similar to how Mass Effect 2 worked out who lived or died in your game based on your actions.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Saltyk said:
Ever play a game, watch a movie/anime, or read a book and not like the ending?

A while back, I watched The Departed (if you haven't seen it you should). In the end, Leonardo Dicaprio has caught Matt Damon red handed, has him hand cuffed and entirely beaten. Then, on the way out, he gets shot by another mole in the police department. The fuck? It came out of nowhere. One minute, we're looking at him and the next, he's dead! We didn't even know there was a second mole! Then, Damon shots the other mole and makes it look like they shot each other. Finally, Damon is shot by DiCaprio's former boss. Okay, so I was kinda happy that Damon got his comeuppance, but I didn't like that the only real hero (DiCaprio) died.

Also, I just saw Immortals the other night, and while it was pretty good, I didn't like the ending. I'd explain, but I fear even in a spoiler tag, it'd be too tempting to read, and I don't want to spoil it for those who hadn't seen it yet. This is actually what prompted this thread in the first place.
Oh dude that immortals ending was terrible, all that build up. Then again i didn't find the movie that great , some cool action sequences but the movie lacked substance.

OT : the twiling book ending sucks
nothing happens! Just like in the rest of the 4 books

movies? The three muskateers , the ending was very anti-climactic and predictable

Video games? Legend of dragoon. Something more recent? Dark souls. I love dark souls gameplay , but the good ending was just so underwhelming , i mean comon , give me a decent cut-scene at least.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Logiclul said:
The Wykydtron said:
Apollo Justice's ending was bad, two piss easy presents and you win the trial?! Fuck you game...

And as for the jury decision at the end, why in the name of biscuits would i knowingly drop my win? There's Non Standard Game Overs and then there's "i'm gonna knowingly fuck myself over for no adequate reason HERP DERP!"

It's a good game don't get me wrong, but it's the worst of all the Ace Attorney games for sure.
You completely missed the point of the game ending in that fashion.

Anyway, I hated the Death Note ending as it had many plot holes and was simply awful. HOWEVER, if the series had ended at episode 25, it would have been perfect.
[DISCLAIMER]I'm going off on half remembered stuff here so bear with me.[/DISCLAIMER]

I think the final choice in Apollo Justice, specifically the Guilty verdict was based on the fact that the only reason Apollo won was because of Phoenix's changing of the Justice System.

So basically you choose Guilty due to lack of evidence against the witness... I think

But seeing as you're fucking over Apollo (the protagonist) and Phoenix (the much loved protagonist of three Ace Attorney games) i still see no reason to vote Guilty. As an Ace Attorney fan it'd be like punching myself in the face for no reason.

Plus the last trial was seriously lacking the fire and intensity that all other Ace Attorney games have pulled off awesomely... I say again, two piss easy presents.

I guess it's all to paint the big bad in a "lol you can't pin this on me, you have no evidence therefore those two pieces of evidence are the only things you have" kinda way. But at the end of the day the Jury was voting Not Guilty and therefore indicting the witness as the killer was because the witness being a bit of a dick

Am i way off? Or is that the general gist of it?

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Jazoni89 said:
Splice, Great film, but that ending is an ungodly abomination. The best thing to do when you watch it is to stop fifteen minutes before the ending, and pretend that they killed the creature in the name of love, or some shit.
I completely agree. It did so well at staying away from being a standard monster movie, and then somehow blows it all in the last 2 scenes.

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
Dutch 924 said:
BF3

Seriously? A QTE?
That's not what bugged me What bugged me was how you ALREADY played through the final segment before, there was nothing more added to it. But more than that, after the mission in the Villa the game just suddenly snaps full circle. No scene of you getting apprehended or anything.

biggles1

Sep 1, 2009
Black ops. Whatever faults the game had, I generally foudnt eh game intriguing, what with all the codes and stuff. However the ending stuck me as silly. The way you come up and the WHOLE DAMMNED US FLEET IS SITTING THERE BECAUSE FUCK YEAH AMERICA!

Just no, if you're gonna make a game on lies, deception and mindfuckery, you don't end it with a giant american flag atop a fleet of battleships.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
king_katchit said:
Pinkamena said:
What are you talking about. Portal 2s ending battle was fucking awesome. And how can you not love the turret choir?
Lilani said:
Care to explain? If you're going to criticize something you may as well give a reason why.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but I hated the ending.

(I'll be intentionally vague in case anyone still hasn't played it.)

During the final battle, when the roof opens, the first thing that came to mind was "Surely not, that's just daft...Oh, you are serious?" *Sigh*

Horses for courses and all that.
Really? That's the part that bothered you? Not going to be vague here, because it's in spoilers and anyone who has't played it and doesn't have the sense to not click deserves to have it spoiled.

I thought that made perfect sense. I mean if you're going to make the conversion gel out of moon rocks, who WOULDN'T ask "can you put a portal on the moon?" It would have been downright neglectful for Valve to not somehow address that possibility. And I think killing Wheatley would have been a bit too much. I mean he really was a bastard there at the end, but he wasn't really in control of his actions. I never really wanted him to die, no matter how much he wanted me to.

But if he had stayed there, or been anywhere near Aperture, GLaDOS would have gotten hold of him and tortured him (she says as much just before the final boss), which I also don't feel he deserved. Plus being in space leaves the slightest chance for some sort of return or cameo in other Portal of Half-Life games.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
evilneko said:
Gunslinger Girl (TV). Wait, what? There should be more here! I feel like we've just gotten to know the girls and it's ending already? >:C
Well, what did you expect from something that was only contracted out for thirteen episodes? After the first one the Little Theatre seemed really weird/unpolished. I'm all up for the manga instead, now... which doesn't get half the plaudits it should... *grr*

Aurora Firestorm said:
Death Note, because it should have ended somehow around the time L died. L was pretty much half the reason I watched the show and read the manga, and without him it was half as good and thus not worth my time.
The mangakkas planned to end it when L died, but it got a lot of peoples' backs up, so they were effectively forced to continue the story until Light's 'comeuppance'. I agree, they should've let it end, and let doujinshis have fun trying to conjecture the continuation.

OT: WH40K:SM - a shitty boss fight and getting sent off in the Black Ships? Fuck you, man! (Mind you, it wasn't a particularly good game... functional at best and not that much fun.)

ZombieMonkey7

Dec 24, 2009
The ending to Borderlands, I mean the game didn't have much story to begin with except "There is alot of treasure in a vault, go find it" Basically what happens is you find the vault and this squid thing comes out and attacks you, you kill the squid and for no reason the vault shuts itself and you can't get anything inside. As a reward for killing the giant squid you get some piss poor weapons that are completely useless

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
The_Waspman said:
Disgruntled_peasant said:
Arkham Asylum. seriously, the entire game is a build up to a confrontation with the joker, though you know he's going to pull some trick out of his sleeve since a fair fist fight wouldnt exaclty make for a lengthy battle.

but then... that? really? that end boss was just terrible, then the final cutscene effectively says "and nobody was hurt and everybody lived happily ever after"
How does the final cutscene say this?
Half the characters are dead. Hugo Strange, Ra's, Talia, Joker, Clayface...

As for endings I didn't like, plenty of them. Though I really didn't like the ending to 'Her Fearful Symmetry' by Audrey Niffenegger. Not that it was bad, it was a very well conceived ending, but was sinister, didn't sit right with me (while I'm not opposed to 'unhappy' endings, this was downright evil)
ASYLUM not City. you should probably read a post and not think of the most recent game in a series.

As for me I have to say the first Assassin's Creed. You go through the entire game kill the final boss for Altair then the way it ends is seeing what subject 13 wrote all over the wall. They haven't even shown it sense or let you actually read any of it.

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Jorl said:
Inception! After re-watching it in an attempt to get my head around the different dream levels and what not, I found myself ready to scream at the movie when we hit the credits with Cobb's totem still wobbling.

After being so obsessed with being reunited with his kids, I'm not surprised that he ended up not caring whether it was real or not, but I can't be the only one desperate to know! GAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!
Couldn't agree with you more! THe group of friends I saw it with still talk, and argue, about this to this day!

As for disappointing endings?
Movie: No Country for Old Men. Maybe it was just me, but I was so damn confused.
Game: Not too sure, but if I had to pick probably RAGE.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Anything featuring what Yahtzee refers to as "Indigo Prophecy Syndrome", mainly because things with IPS are really good up until that one thing gets brought up.
And also, Rage. First you make me run around to all these places for people that I don't care about, you build up this "Alright, everything is going to pay off" feeling, and then it just ends. Id software, I know you've never been perfect about endings, but at least they usually have a bit of closure, and a feeling that you've accomplished something, even if that is just an amusing cutscene featuring the final boss exploding into kibble and a message telling you how awesome you are, also accompanied by the protagonist scowling into the distance.
Oh wait, Rage doesn't have a protagonist. It has a robot slave that instantly complies with whatever people ask of it. Sure, there's a "decline" button, but all that does is put off you doing it, because SOMEBODY has to do all these fetch quests.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Movie : Skyline - What a bullsh*t ending, I know it's supposed to have some other meaning, but some alien films need to end with "FUCK YEA AMERICA!" As for Game : Stalker: Clear sky - After all that?!?! Whata the Hell!