Enraged Nerd Herd Pummels Would-Be Thieves

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
oranger said:
wooty said:
Seems bullshit that the suspects were released "pending further investingation"

How much more evidence to the police need?
It happens all the time dood...the cops just don't want to see the two cute lil budding sociopaths get raped in "real" jail while they await trial.

That and most stations can't be arsed.
Not always true. Here in fort worth texas you can't even turn your self in. Sadly we just don't have the money. No one was hurt bad and the crooks got the crap beat out of them. For something like this it just not worth spending what little tax pay money we get. Say what you want but a better police force cost more then most are willing to pay.

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
people may mock us gamers as much as they like but when someone tries to take our games......THE SHIT. HITS. THE FAN!!!

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
etherlance said:
people may mock us gamers as much as they like but when someone tries to take our games......THE SHIT. HITS. THE FAN!!!
yeh man take their money but dont touch their gaming rig of choice XD

Mr Smith

Apr 22, 2010
Irridium said:
The suspects were released?

There were like, what, 9 eye-witnesses plus video evidence? How much more do they freaking need?!

Anyway, props to the guy for fighting back.
Like most things in the legal system, it's a matter of precedent.

Nobody is guilty untill they are found guilty in court (and even then there are appeals). If they aren't (yet) guilty, they can't be detained. If one was detained before trial and then found innocent, imagine the outrage against police for detaining an innocent person.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Nerds unite! I may not like the DS, since I can't find any games on it that I like, but damn it! You don't try to steal a mans Console! Portable or not!

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Always good to see a group of oppressed banding together to fight back. I salute these men. You don't take a man's DS.

oranger

May 27, 2008
IceStar100 said:
oranger said:
wooty said:

It happens all the time dood...the cops just don't want to see the two cute lil budding sociopaths get raped in "real" jail while they await trial.

Not always true. Here in fort worth texas you can't even turn your self in. Sadly we just don't have the money. No one was hurt bad and the crooks got the crap beat out of them. For something like this it just not worth spending what little tax pay money we get. Say what you want but a better police force cost more then most are willing to pay.
Oh I understand, and its not like crime is going away so resources have to be spent carefully.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Sinclose said:
If all nerds fought back like that, bullies and the like would be the ones to be careful where they tread...
You'd be surprised if you went backstage at a wrestling event and saw the number of nerds playing videogames and D&D that could tear a lot of these so called "bullies" in half. Hell we have to be nerds, we alomost go out and LARP for a living lol. Let's just say I really doubt these two hoodrats would try to steal my DS.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
FinalHeart95 said:
Andy Chalk said:
The pair managed to escape the surprise ganking with the help of a third man but Wolery had tripped an alarm before Hays got his can opener out, so all three were quickly arrested. Police don't encourage this sort of behavior, according to a KHON2 News report [http://www.khon2.com/news/local/story/Gamers-fight-back-after-robbers-target-PC-Gamerz/WMy-MNzMI06S172O3OfJTg.cspx], but as Hays explained, every man has his breaking point, especially gamers.
...What? I understand that it's dangerous to attack the robbers, but arresting the guys that attacked the robbers? What the hell? That isn't covered under self-defense or something?
the robbers had friends waiting outside - they were the ones arrested, not the ones defending themselves and the store

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I can understand robbing people part, but knocking over perfectly good monitors. Just for that I would beaten the living daylights out of them. It doesn't matter that I'm out of shape, I didn't get payed for three months so I can have my monitor, I'll be damned if I let anyone even scratch it.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Mr Smith said:
Irridium said:

There were like, what, 9 eye-witnesses plus video evidence? How much more do they freaking need?!

Nobody is guilty untill they are found guilty in court (and even then there are appeals). If they aren't (yet) guilty, they can't be detained. If one was detained before trial and then found innocent, imagine the outrage against police for detaining an innocent person.
Sorry for the double post but this was posted while I was typing-

It's sort of like even if a person confesses to a murder, any news stories you see about it will call them a suspect.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Ralen-Sharr said:
FinalHeart95 said:
Andy Chalk said:
The pair managed to escape the surprise ganking with the help of a third man but Wolery had tripped an alarm before Hays got his can opener out, so all three were quickly arrested. Police don't encourage this sort of behavior, according to a KHON2 News report [http://www.khon2.com/news/local/story/Gamers-fight-back-after-robbers-target-PC-Gamerz/WMy-MNzMI06S172O3OfJTg.cspx], but as Hays explained, every man has his breaking point, especially gamers.
...What? I understand that it's dangerous to attack the robbers, but arresting the guys that attacked the robbers? What the hell? That isn't covered under self-defense or something?
the robbers had friends waiting outside - they were the ones arrested, not the ones defending themselves and the store
Ah okay, I thought they meant that the two attacking the robbers got help from a third man and they got arrested. I need to learn how to read. -_-

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lSTxdFnKBA

(Baff! Boff! UMPH! Smack!)

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Yes
oranger said:
IceStar100 said:
oranger said:
wooty said:

Oh I understand, and its not like crime is going away so resources have to be spent carefully.
To be honest yes. Remember there a limit of how many can be in cell and a guard to prisoner ratio belivie it or not. Plus food, clothes, ect that has to come out. They where using there fist. If you don't mean this sarcastic I'm sorry. I just put up with people saying we are doing a crap job but at the same time knowing we our being stretched to the breaking point.

Mr Smith

Apr 22, 2010
RowdyRodimus said:
Mr Smith said:
Irridium said:

Sorry for the double post but this was posted while I was typing-

It's sort of like even if a person confesses to a murder, any news stories you see about it will call them a suspect.
Something like that, yes.

Also, you'd be surprised how many people confess to murders (or other media-worthy crimes) when they in fact had nothing to do with them.