lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
ooooo! I'm a sucker for a zombie game, and especially a zombie defense game ^^

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
SteelStallion said:
All I'm saying is that you're dismissing the game based off of a teaser trailer, which is really foolish.
To quote a phrase i coined during the hype for Halo : Reach.

T.O.A.S.T.

Totally. Over. Analyzing. Short. Trailers

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Tin Man said:
TheDooD said:
Epic is just shining shit so they won't get called out for making another brown game.
Called out by who? Stop talking shit lol, your little opinion is worth fuck all compared to the fact that Gears is one of the biggest franchises of this generation, an iconic one at that, and a very profitable one thats been generally critically very well recieved. Hipster kids here ***** about colours like they know what the fuck they're talking about. Yeah, the palette was slightly limited by the fact that the game had to primarily remain loyal to it's setting, which is primarily underground, but it's a well utilised palette that compliments the physical design choices and general asthetic of the world. But oh wait, what am I telling you these things for, I'll bet someone who has a developed and proud acumen for art knows all this.

You also got a range of environments; subterranean castles, desert fortresses, giant ass worms, underwater combat with Leviathans, riding on living hot air balloons and giant flying bugs, comandeering a fuckin BRUMAK... I could go on man.

I don't give a fuck about not fitting in with the scene kids and Croshaw followers around here, I just wish people would stop reciting complete tripe like it's their own view on things.
Gears got VERY lucky this generation. I played the first game and 2nd game, skipped the 3rd because I didn't want to play it anymore. Yet overall the shooting and the movement stayed clunky throughout the series. Then the story gone from decent to in the shitter. Even if everything around you was highly detailed you really can't look at because of the crap camera and color palette. It's one of those titles that I just couldn't get into like it did with other. I love military based IP's yet Gears just never hit me as a quality one. I'll rather have Gears be something more akin to the cheesy Starship Troopers Movies. Then the shoehorned depth and emotional content they failed to deliver.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
I instantly love it.
I mean, I know nothing about it, but I do get this feeling that it might be super fun!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I really am glad that big game companies like Bungie, Epic Games and Bioware are showing self control and not milking their franchises to death...too bad OTHER companies are doing it now, but at least they're moving on to make something new.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
FelixG said:
This games premise looks pure awesome!

I also love all the jaded kiddos who whine about how unoriginal it is, I would love to see more fort defense mainstream games that don't suck, and there aren't that many zombie games so get off your damn high horses about zombies, they are interesting enemies and not that over done for fucks sake!

lRookiel said:
ooooo! I'm a sucker for a zombie game, and especially a zombie defense game ^^
Amen to that!
Basic zombie's aren't interesting they're annoying. Think in the past 5-7 years how many games added zombies unto them compared to other enemy types. Hell I'll rather deal with Voodoo, Magic based, Mummy type of undead then BOW zombies. Plus Castle Defense really isn't worth AAA title since they're mainly just for pick up and play. You're gonna get a 20$ game that you'll have to pay 40 more because the Epic brand is tied to it.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Right, so it's Minecraft in the Unreal engine with a Team Fortress 2 aesthetic.

Next.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Kinda getting both a TF2 and a Minecraft vibe off that trailer, although hopefully in a few years maybe we can say "survival builder" instead of "Minecraft", or some other genre moniker.

I've always liked junkyard forts and impromptu structures, particularly as seen in Fallout(s) and whatnot, but practically, I do wonder why they would destroy a perfectly good structure to bring to the junk pile as opposed to taking their junk pile to fortify aforementioned perfectly good structure.

Anyway, here's expecting nothing but willing to be pleasantly suprised.

_______

Aside: As a powerful engine design and licensing development house, beyond their business making games, maybe they wanted to take a stab at making a bunch of cartoony, cel shaded tools to ship with their Unreal 3.X / SDK.