Escape to the Movies: Breaking Dawn, Part 1

Jan 27, 2011
So basically, the whole movie could have been avoided if they had just used birth control? .......*sigh*

Oh, and They're making a RAMPAGE movie?! ......Awesome. Played it on the N64 a while back, and it was really fun. I want to see where they go with it.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
portal_cat said:
Anne Rice's vampires are the only real vampires in my mind.
Lestat showing up and just obliterating these asshats... or at least some proper whitewolf VtM vamps and werewolves showing up... that's something I'd stand in line to see at a midnight release.

That's right Bella, time to meat some Brujah clan vamps. Or Blade. I'd pay to see that. Wesley Snipes and Jessica Biel show up to Forks, Wa (had to look that up on wiki lol) on their Buells and start hunting some sparklebitches. Show 'em what a real daywalker is.

MrMajenta

May 21, 2009
well that was disappointingly short. kinda wanted to hear fully justified arguments about why this sucked, but apparently it also lacks the substance of the other... 2? 3? how many do they have so far?

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
SilverUchiha said:
I just want to say that if they rewrite the final movie (Breaking Dawn Part 2) to be that Bella gives birth to Blade (Wesley Snipes in particular) then the franchise might be worth a damn because then we all know they will die a terrible death at the hands of a more set in mythos vampire... who also is a badass.
You've made me happy. Though I'd prefer it even more if this whole thing was pure trolling and at the climax Blade shows up and just ends everyone.

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
"silly Girls, just get a man, you wont have to think about anything important then"

What I got from what i could stand of these films.

Also

http://badassdigest.com/2011/11/17/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulk-vs-twilight/

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Smokescreen said:
Kicking off the video with a whine about how you have to work instead of have all the fun you want to have is pretty weaksauce, man.

Let me introduce to you people who also have to do work before they get to have they fun they want: Everyone.
normally i would totally be on your side about this >.>

but its Twilight, ANYTHING is better then these wastes of time and space, and i actually feel sorry for him for HAVING to sit through all these movies, but least there's only one more of these pieces of shit.
which is about 5 to many imo -.-

drthmik

Jul 29, 2011
Now I don't really like the whole Twilight Saga...

...thing

but I have a complaint

Bob spent about 2/3rds of this review ripping this movie, and the series in general, on being just a bunch of "traditional rolls" propaganda and how that it is SO terrible. then he goes on to recommended the sequel to a movie that was almost 100% environmentalist propaganda and very likely follows in those footsteps.

thus, it can't be the presence of propaganda in a movie that Bob objects to

its whether he agrees with it or not

Movie Bob, I like your reviews enough to watch them even when I have NO intention of seeing the movie in question, but the reviews I like the best are the ones where you don't try to shove your sociopolitical opinions down my throat but just review the movie

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
CrankyStorming said:
XDravond said:
And first then I can enjoy my $25 and consider it an ok investment...
Wow, cinema tickets are expensive in dollars. In the UK, even a Friday night film would only just about stretch a £10 note.
Well I consider "going to the cinema" includes popcorn and drink and I'm not american but yes it is way expensive so it's what it would be in dollars (most people know what $1 is in their currency)
And it is the worst case scenario, this was for "Avatar" with "luxury" seat and huge popcorn and drink...
(ticket only was ~16£...)

Normally it's more around $13 for ticket depending on todays money rate....

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I actually did a slight double-take when I heard you say Happy Feet II was kind of awesome. Mind you, I'd love for it to be good, but it didn't really seem like something that would end up being good. Interesting.

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
Bob, there is something that can save the Twilight-"Saga": Twilight VS Blade, something that fit so perfectly you should just use "Breaking Dawn II" to explain why is should be made. Speaking of Blade:
stueymon said:
Doesn't apply to Blade, The Day Walker, his mum was already pregnant when she was bitten :D (and it gets a pass for the first two films being awesome)
1) The Blade-movies mythology is more of a realistic modernization and don't follow all the "rules".
2) The 1th act of the 3th movie is really good, so it get a pass for 2 1/3 awesome movies.

CrimsonBlaze said:
And for those who don't know what vampires are, I implore you to watch Blade, Underworld, or Helsing.
Blade is a realistic (for vampires),sci-fi modernization with little to do with tradition.
Underworld is like Blade, but more supernatural and with Werewolves.
And Hellsing is the best argument Twilight-fans ever had to fight everyone complaining about smyrpires not being traditional (and where is the game, it's a better idea than Twilight VS Blade).

Do not know what vampires are (looks like you do)? watch Dracula.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
yes we get it bob your a nintendo fanboy now shut the fuck up about it.
OT: well i have never liked twillight so this is nothing new for me.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
It was mentioned on a radio show I listen to on the way to work that they had to re-shoot the sex scene a few times because Kristen Stewart wouldn't stop thrusting and that it was too much for a PG-13 movie.

lol.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Why, Bob? Why?

There's no point in wasting an episode on this movie. Since you didn't try to convince the people who think the whole series is a bad idea that this is suddenly where the movies become worth watching (we wouldn't believe you, anyway), there's really nothing to say. Those of us who don't want to see it, don't care. Those who, for whatever reason, want to watch this, will (no matter what you say). So, really devoting the the bulk of the episode to explaining why Mario 3D and the penguin movie are worthy of our attention, and throwing out the mere fact of this movies existence, would have been a better use of all our time.

imei2011

Jul 9, 2011
lord.jeff said:
imei2011 said:
It's almost over just one more movie and it's eventual dvd release, and then we can all move past this... right?....right?
Nope, something as popular as Twilight is going to get a game.
Sad thing is that probably is gonna happen... /sigh

road_to_dawn

Aug 18, 2009
LordLundar said:
CrimsonBlaze said:
For anyone who actually read these books, does the last book really need two movies? Yes I get it, the last book is a thick one, but I only raise this question because it only took less than 2 years to push out 3 movies and now it seems like they will take more than 3 years to deliver only 2 movies.
Haven't read it (thank god), but to me it seems like they said "Harry Potter did it, so we can too!"
That's basically what it amounts to. It's all just to squeeze as much money as possible out of the series, because storywise it's pointless. The last HP book needed to be split to give some things context and room to breathe, which didn't get a chance to previously due to how condensed the other films were. BD, on the other hand, doesn't need breathing room. The entire series probably could've been told in two movies without missing a thing. Yes, BD is a thick book, but almost an entire third of it is just the birth scene. A lot of exposition doesn't always equal a lot of action, which is a memo I think the makers of this trash missed.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I don't even care enough about these films to make jokes about the Sparkling vampires anymore. I don't care enough to make a real comment about the review.

I just...

Uhhh.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Meh, its a good movie for kids and young teens, I enjoyed it only because I have a open mind, and since VAMPIRES ARE NOT REAL, people can do anything they want with the lore.

Though the fans are pretty stupid though, but I did enjoy the movie.

I also watch these reviews to see how offensive bob can get.

He always seems to offend anyone who is fan of the movie, by literally saying they are "sheep" or "crazy" for liking the movie. He references the fans in this movie, which most of them are pretty creepy, vampire obsessed kids who really wish they could sparkle like the characters in this movie.

I however, Enjoyed the movie for the drama, the corny lines, and the bad acting. I find enjoyment in that, and it does make me care about the characters. I guess I'm just not as uptight as most people.

Also, I didn't think the new mario game was that great, not as good as the originals at least. Or 64.

I love how people are trying to find relevant discussion about vampires in this thread THEY. ARE. NOT. REAL. Its lore people, just horror stories people make up. Its fiction. You really have no right to say what a "REAL VAMPIRE WOULD BE LIKE" Because its lore, and it differs in different places. Jeez, I never knew people could be so immature about this subject.