Escape to the Movies: Inception

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
saintchristopher said:
itf cho said:
Damn... considering how much I dislike Leonardo Decapitator, I was hoping for a bad review. Now I may have to go see it anyways.
Why the DiCaprio hate? The guy's been in nearly nothing but gold since Catch Me If You Can.
Just don't like him... never have. Can't recall why. Maybe I saw him in something I hated years ago. And Shutter Island was gold?!?

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
Zing said:
saintchristopher said:
itf cho said:
Damn... considering how much I dislike Leonardo Decapitator, I was hoping for a bad review. Now I may have to go see it anyways.
Why the DiCaprio hate? The guy's been in nearly nothing but gold since Catch Me If You Can.
He's like John Cusack. He's never in bad movies.
Also, as much as it would have pained me to say this about 10 years ago, he is a really good actor. I daresay he is the best actor in his age group, at least I can't think of anyone else in their mid-30s that I will make a point of seeing their movies solely because they are in it. Let's limit that last part to male actors :). And it's a good thing to, because now we will have a high quality actor for the next 30 or so years at least.

He always was a good actor, and you could tell that just by watching What's Eating Gilbert Grape. When I watched that movie, I had to see that it was actually DiCaprio in the credits because at the time I watched it the world knew that DiCaprio was a terrible actor. I guess he finally started to try out actually acting again when (as mentioned) he did Catch Me if you Can with Tom Hanks. Though it's surprising that a movie with Hanks made him start acting and a movie with Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich, and Gerard Depardieu, didn't make it happen first.

sentient_afterbirth

Jun 19, 2010
Since it seems most haven't seen this movie I won't go into detail on why the end of the movie was absolutely awesome. So instead I'll talk about the collective "dahhhh" that came from a filled theater last night. During the previews everyone was kind of rowdy and excited then the preview for Devil came on, people were intrigued, everyone settled down and the theater got quiet. Then right in the middle of everyone enjoying the potential of this movie the trailer reads "From the Mind of M. Night Shyamalan", and then came the collective, audible, simultaneous "dahhh" of disappointment. It's sad that his career is now synonymous in the movie goers mind with failed execution, everyone was interested until it said his name. Funny.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
pranabowjake said:
have you seen papurika? similar genre but still bad ass. 1 more week till it comes out in japan, i cant wait
It's already out on DvD, and been reaired on the movie channel as well. So you don't have to wait for Papurika.

Hope you do the Spoiler Warning as well on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Though ever since Batman Begins I haven't been wanting to see anything that has come out by this director because I was bored watching Batman Begins and Dark Knight. So does Inception have any of the same problems as Batman Begins or Dark Knight? Since that is the main reason I don't want to see this movie.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
obisean said:
Also, as much as it would have pained me to say this about 10 years ago, he is a really good actor. I daresay he is the best actor in his age group, at least I can't think of anyone else in their mid-30s that I will make a point of seeing their movies solely because they are in it. Let's limit that last part to male actors :). And it's a good thing to, because now we will have a high quality actor for the next 30 or so years at least.

He always was a good actor, and you could tell that just by watching What's Eating Gilbert Grape. When I watched that movie, I had to see that it was actually DiCaprio in the credits because at the time I watched it the world knew that DiCaprio was a terrible actor. I guess he finally started to try out actually acting again when (as mentioned) he did Catch Me if you Can with Tom Hanks. Though it's surprising that a movie with Hanks made him start acting and a movie with Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich, and Gerard Depardieu, didn't make it happen first.
The only other actor I could say the same for in his age group is dead. :(

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Empire Magazine called it similar to Stanley Kubrick... that's an instant watch for me.

As for people suggesting Decaprio is bad, most hate still stems from over 10 years ago when in Titanic he was the cliche pretty boy for the female demographic... but he's grown out of that. In recent years he's played "crazy".

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I stopped when the words "Spoiler" came up. I'll watch the move first and get back to the review MB. Wouldn't normally do this but well most films I've figured out within the first five minutes of watching so it's already "Spoilt". This however looks like a film I might have to actually think about when watching and thus... I'll wait until I've watched the movie before going further in to your review.

stok3r

Dec 23, 2009
Stopped at the spoiler. Just like everyone else. Seriously want to watch this. Haven't seen a movie since Elm Street and that was shit. Just have to wait till the 22nd here in Aus.

Zing said:
Had to stop it at 2:20 =(. Doesn't come out till 22nd here. Guess I'll watch the rest later. But glad to hear it's fucking awesome, although I already knew it would be. Insanely awesome sounding plot, Nolan, DiCaprio, wicked effects.
I will eat this shit up like a plate of chips. Not often does ANYTHING AT ALL come out that I actually look forward to.

Semi-Related: No, I didn't get the Matrix the first time I saw it. I was also like 10 or something. So yeahh.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
im probably one of the cretins that won't get this movie. Best to wait till i have it on video to make sense of it after a few watch thrus.

chetoos

Jul 13, 2009
I thought he would review sorcerers apprentice. IDC, it was still a good review, and Im still gonna see Nicolas cage as a wizard.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Saw it last night at the midnight showing. I thought it was incredibly predictable, can't really go in depth with out spoilage though.

Action scenes were awesome, so had a good time anyways. Have to scratch my head at how people didn't see the ending coming a mile away though.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I see what you did there, Bob. You've made me want to see it so I can get rid of that nagging sensation in the back of my mind that I'm missing something after that spoiler warning.

Damn it, now I've got to see the movie to avoid the spoilers from ruining the movie because I can't stand not seeing an entire Escapist review all the way through, but I can't see this one all the way through until I've seen the movie. Well played, good sir, well played.

Solusumbra

Apr 23, 2010
inception was a movie that i really wanted to see before i watched this. now, its a movie i absolutely MUST see!

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
AAAaaaaaaaand, Booked 2 tickets to Inception at 5.15pm tomorrow.

Cheers for the heads-up of an awesome movie :)
2 most trusted current sources say go watch it: ETTM and RT

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Blue-State said:
TheEnglishman said:
I hate you so much right now MovieBob! I can't watch you video! For the last year and a bit I have been activly avoiding any kind of spoilers related to this movie beyond the whole weird statement Nolan gave when he first announced the movie.

Anyway, better than TDK? Really? Wow. It just gets better and better.
It's not really spoilers. He just explains who DeCaprio's character is. Trust me, it won't ruin the movie for you.
O.K, thanks.