Escape to the Movies: Scre4m

daftnoize

Aug 23, 2010
I personally have never really liked films always reasoning that a good video game will always trump the experience a film could ever give. Apart from the scream films which I adore... um think i'm on the opposite end of the sepcetrum of bob...

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
where does all the hate for the 90s come from?
is it because people who were born in the early 80s just went through puberty in the 90s and that universally sucks or something?

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Gxas said:
Happy to say I've never seen a Scream movie. Ever. Good thing too.
Same here, the more people bring it up, the better I feel that I haven't seen the movie. Another thing is I've only had two people in the last two years actually have a conversation involving Scream.

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
Thanks for putting your bias up front Bob.

While I didn't expect the movie to be terribly original, or even any good, some of your complaints about originality and whatnot seemed to be fueled more by ire than reality.

So yeah, the movie annoyed you because it was too self aware and a lot of it had already been done before. That's the kind of crap critics say to look smart and deride a movie that will probably make money. I love it when you include that kind of stuff as an FYI, but when you use it as a reason to bash a movie then your review does very little to tell people about what that movie going experience will be like. (How many truly original stories do you actually get to see in a year?)

Were the funny parts funny and the scary parts scary? Did they actually get a message across even if it was just commentary on rebooting franchises? Would fans of that kind of movie still enjoy it?

I won't see it, I haven't seen any of the others, but this ...

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
teebeeohh said:
where does all the hate for the 90s come from?
is it because people who were born in the early 80s just went through puberty in the 90s and that universally sucks or something?
YES IT FUCKING WAS! Sorry I'm just spiteful because I WAS BORN IN THE 90'S YOU DICKS!

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
walsfeo said:
Were the funny parts funny and the scary parts scary? Did they actually get a message across even if it was just commentary on rebooting franchises? Would fans of that kind of movie still enjoy it?

I won't see it, I haven't seen any of the others, but this ...
I assume that fans of the film will like it as Movie Bob said that its got the same type of self awareness that the first 3 had.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Yeah Scre-four-m was destined to suck from the beginning, but I'm gonna give The Crow a chance because I think it could be pulled off if they do it right.

Also, I disagree about the 90's sucking. There was Clerks!

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
I've only seen the original movie, didn't like and didn't like to touch the other including this one.

idiotsavant

Aug 25, 2009
I would have to agree that by no means are the Scream movies "good movies". But at the same time, that doesn't mean they aren't fun as hell to watch. I know there aren't a whole lot of people that like the slasher movie genre, but I love it and I think these movies are pretty damn good for what they are. There's just something about the simplicity of a killer with a knife wearing a common holloween costume....

Anyway, yeah I'm gonna go see it.