Escape to the Movies: The Expendables

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Well. I have lost almost every respect I had for you Bob. The action in this movie was absolutely great. I have numerous times agreed with you (never really on any action, as you rarely discuss it), but this was so f**king opposite of what I thought that it's absolutely f**king ridiculous. There were plenty of memorable kills in the movie.

How about how Stallone used a pistol as a f**king machine gun? (he seriously shot fast and reloaded fast. Absolutely a cool feature).

Most of the action was well executed as well. I would really like to sit down with you and watch it and point out some awesome scenes.

F**k this. I feel so disappointed. Sh*t...

I will not stop watching your reviews as they are always worth watching, but God f**king damn I have never disagreed so much with you before, and I get the sense that you have absolutely no feel whatsoever for action.

CronoT

May 15, 2010
run_forrest_run said:
Blue-State said:
Data East Arcade Collection.AWESOME
It's funny he's Talking about Gore in Rambo when spoiler Rambo doesn't actually kill anyone in that film.
He's talking about the recent entry in 2008. He blows people to chunks in that one.
Yeah, they nearly ran out of fake blood and guts making that movie.

MovieBob, I was hoping you were going to do a review on the 'Twilight' spoof, 'Vampires Suck'. Nothing's more fun than watching a spoof movie make fun of a crappy movie, and then take apart the spoof movie for being a bad example OF a spoof movie.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
run_forrest_run said:
Blue-State said:
Data East Arcade Collection.AWESOME
It's funny he's Talking about Gore in Rambo when spoiler Rambo doesn't actually kill anyone in that film.
He's talking about the recent entry in 2008. He blows people to chunks in that one.
More like, Rambo used bullets to magically fuse all the human bits with the forest around them.

And it was AWESOME :D

Unlike THIS *eye twitch* movie.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I could barely finish watching this review. Took a lot of strength.

I can't believe Bob this week. We are obedient sheep because we go see one of the biggest collaboration films this decade instead of watching a film that was barely advertised in many places? We are the worst kind of people on earth because we like the premise that a movie will be an homage to 80s action films?

He dropped the ball on this review. Insulting a film is one thing, insulting someone for liking it is another, but insulting people for thinking the premise sounds like a fun idea?. That's a new low. I won't even go into how much I disagree with you on the quality of the film.

For someone who tries to hinder people from being elitist nerds, you are one of the biggest elitist nerds I've seen in quite a while.

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
I found the movie somewhat enjoyable. Sure, it could have had more blood and stuff, but I don't really see any reason to rage over it. It was bad yes, but I thought that it was bad in the way that it was funny. Not Commando, but still worth watching for a couple of laughs.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
You used a pic of "The Nuge" when saying "The worst sort of person." Immediate thumbs down.

Just kidding. Guess I'm not going to see this movie then.

Towels

Feb 21, 2010
I only considered seeing this because it had Stalone and Li in it and perhaps Statham, but 'all-star' cast movies tend to rely too much on the actor's fame to pull it through. Sounds like this movie is a text-book example. Too bad too... Stalone, Li and perhaps Statham have enough potential to make a great action movie.

Btw, didn't the A-Team get all these psuedo-80s action movies greenlighted? The Expendables looks more and more like a cash-in rather than a movie.

I will be spending my remaining lunch money on Scott Pilgrim this weekend.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Hubilub said:
I could barely finish watching this review. Took a lot of strength.

I can't believe Bob this week. We are obedient sheep because we go see one of the biggest collaboration films this decade instead of watching a film that was barely advertised in many places? We are the worst kind of people on earth because we like the premise that a movie will be an homage to 80s action films?

He dropped the ball on this review. Insulting a film is one thing, insulting someone for liking it is another, but insulting people for thinking the premise sounds like a fun idea?. That's a new low. I won't even go into how much I disagree with you on the quality of the film.

For someone who tries to hinder people from being elitist nerds, you are one of the biggest elitist nerds I've seen in quite a while.
Also this,

Also Movie Bob keeps holding up Equilibrium when talking about better action movies, that movie was utter twaddle pure over stylised matrix clone waffle. Even metacritic has it lower than the Expendables

Sheamus

Mar 28, 2009
wow I was actually thinking about seeing this, but now I'm definitely going to see Scott Pilgrim.