Escape to the Movies: Unstoppable

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Why no Skyline review? I waited to see if you'd post one today before heading to see it with my wife.

I guess I'll just search the internet instead...sigh.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
It's clear that movie bob likes this, how do I know?

Because he doesn't accuse it of being fascist.

Seriously, what the fuck with your last video? You forgot about the OLDEST rule in the book of internet etiquette: Godwin's Law.

Making unfair and hyperbole comparisons with Fascism in general and Germany's Third Reich in particular is stupid and utterly undermines your credibility. Seriously, Movie Bob. We all knew you didn't like Halo but I never thought YOU would stoop to this level to attack it, I mean of all the routes you could have taken.

It is insulting to the people who made said production but more than that it insults and belittles the victims of fascism, trivialising that evil ideology to innuendo nothing more than a label to be dispensed as a weapon to your own ends. It shows both your ignorance of history and also your indifference to its true significance.

I mean you are the game OVER-thinker, and this is such a shallow and yet unrelenting attack it makes me question how much thought you REALLY put into your videos, do you just make a snap judgement and then work back from there with your logic?

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Scalia(sp) is a secret gamer. Hasta be.

OT: I wasn't expecting Unstoppable, might hafta see it though. Haven't been to the theater in a while.

Eldan

Jun 22, 2008
So, I think I may be missing something, but... why can't they just cut the power to the train?

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Lightbunny said:
In a perfect world, this could've been Blast Corps: The Movie
This. Probably the closest we'll ever get.

I was THE Thomas fan as a kid, and I'm sort of glad in a weird kind of way to see the world of the Isle Sodor still going strong after all these years even if the books were better than the show. Shining Time Station anyone?

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I was disappointed when I saw this video and realised I didn't know what Unstoppable was. Then I saw a trailer with that line from Roasrio Dawson and with just those few words I wanted to see it. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one.

Mr_Universal

Jun 29, 2009
so what makes this movie any different from atomic train?, other than the nuke being replaced by toxic chemicals? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144039/

thatguy1

Mar 1, 2010
WolfmanNougat said:
As soon as it was mentioned that the train goes at high speed, without a driver, headed for a crash into civilisation, I just KNEW there was a Thomas the Tank Engine joke to be made! I wonder if any station managers' breakfasts get spoiled in the process...

Anyway, the movie looks like a heap of fun, so maybe I'll go see it. :)
You silly great missle the size of the chrysler building, just look what you've done to our breakfast!

RDubayoo

Sep 11, 2008
Getting flashbacks from the Rush Limbaugh thread already. People are still acting surprised that a conservative would oppose the anti-game law--and it's all because they don't actually know what a conservative is. Pro-tip: Conservatives don't like government meddling, which is what this law is.

Anyway, I'm sure this movie would make a decent rental one day.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
couldn't they just i dont know... make a giant circle that the train would keep going around on before it arrives at the station or just detonate some explosives to knock it over?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The threat is a speeding train?

Couldn't they just tear up the tracks?

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
WolfmanNougat said:
As soon as it was mentioned that the train goes at high speed, without a driver, headed for a crash into civilisation, I just KNEW there was a Thomas the Tank Engine joke to be made! I wonder if any station managers' breakfasts get spoiled in the process...

Anyway, the movie looks like a heap of fun, so maybe I'll go see it. :)
Thomas the Tank!? I don't care if it's military propaganda, I want to see that show!

Zhukov said:
The threat is a speeding train?

Couldn't they just tear up the tracks?
Because that would just make the train crash? And then there would be toxic waste everywhere, and tons of destruction. Just like if they did nothing, except now you've got to re-lay those tracks as well. I guess you would save the children though >.>

RDubayoo said:
Getting flashbacks from the Rush Limbaugh thread already. People are still acting surprised that a conservative would oppose the anti-game law--and it's all because they don't actually know what a conservative is. Pro-tip: Conservatives don't like government meddling, which is what this law is.

Anyway, I'm sure this movie would make a decent rental one day.
That's not quite what it is. I can pretty much guarantee that all the people acting surprised are democrats, or at least fairly liberal. As such, when they've heard most of Scalia's opinions in the past, they've been opposed to him and had therefore marked him as "enemy." So when they find a situation where they agree with him, they're surprised. It has nothing to do with them not understanding what a conservative is. If they'd been presented with the case, and asked what a conservative would do, they probably would've given the correct answer, it's just because it's Scalia, and the perception they have of him is "opposite of my views."

Now, keep in mind, I'm not knocking the people who did this, plenty of conservatives have done similar things with liberals, this sort of mistake has nothing to do with political parties, and everything to do with human nature.

OT: I've been looking forward to this movie for a while, just because there's an in joke with my friends that basically goes: (in a dramatic voice) "The only thing that can stop a train... is another train."

And then this movie takes that premise and runs with it. There are few times I've laughed as hard as I did when I first saw that trailer.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
exactly how is the train a danger to anyone, it has a set route and a set speed, people don't directly place houses directly on the tracks

FarSpace

Mar 21, 2009
Who is makeing movies now a days, "Someones brother in law" lol, what is this Chicago or Las Vegas? Who actualy says 'yes' to makeing this crap? Hah!

Why can't it be about a 'smart' train that becomes 'aware'?

and the train is so freaked out by its 'awareness', it wants to then kill its self,

and the only way to do it is to go as fast as it can untill it runs into something so hard it gets destroyed...

And then you can only guess on how they try and stop it, maaybe by giving it a will to live, lol!!!!

Now THAT would be something to watch, but THIS is garbage, lololol!

ninjajoeman said:
couldn't they just i dont know... make a giant circle that the train would keep going around on before it arrives at the station or just detonate some explosives to knock it over?
YES they could, and that's why, LET ADMIT it FOLKS, this movie SUCKS I mean come on, lol.

, and besides they can just have some old action hero jump off a helocopter on to it and its done, or just dump a bunch of pennies onto the tracks, lol.

This move's like an old man & why are they doing that and does anyone care what that business guy says or thinks anyways and trians are all run by the government anyways and its a ruse that the government would want to do someone nicer then anyone else after all the government is people same as everyone else. :)

the thing were someone wants us to believe the government is better then any one else is crazy talk and just some way to get suckers to vote for em, there all bad and everyone should know it... hahaha

FarSpace

Mar 21, 2009
jamesworkshop said:
exactly how is the train a danger to anyone, it has a set route and a set speed, people don't directly place houses directly on the tracks
True,

But since this movie is STUPID, yes lets admit it, lol, It looks like some one placed and entire 'Town' on the tracks, LOL... :D