Escapist role-playing and you.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Lord Krunk said:
Nice job, Higurashi, that was a very good read. I also noticed that you've entered the realm of Sticky... high five, brother!
I was gonna say that. Congratulations to you, this was a very useful guide...for newcomers obviously. One like myself already knows these things...

*Hangs head in shame.*

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Chris B Chikin said:
Something you might want to add regarding players losing interest in the game:

If you really do feel that you cannot continue participating in an RP for whatever reason then it's a good idea to resolve your character. For example, you may opt to kill your character off, or simply send them on a looong journey, or any other method that can remove them from the story. This doesn't make such a huge difference to you, but for the other participants it can be important for the immersion. An unresolved character becomes excess baggage for the remaining players, who still have to take the character with them and occasionally take control of them for the sake of continuity. Alternatively they may just choose to forget about your character but this can spoil the continuity and immersion of the story with moments like "Hey, what ever happened to [Billy]?"

If you must leave and RP then for the sake of those still participating please tie up all the loose ends.

Shapsters said:
Flying-Emu said:
Now we just have to hope that more people read this than the Forum Guidelines.

Since, you know, not that many people seem to have read those.
I will admit that I didn't, but I kept my head down at the beginning. I am actually having a problem right now with a guy who joined an RP, he didn't fully understand what it was. He didn't realize he had to be the character, and develop him with his writing. Reading these things really do help new RPers get a good idea on what to do.
HAZEANDHALO? :p
No, not HAH, another guy. Haze was doing it on purpose, he knew what he was doing was incorrect.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
COngratulashunz, and stuff, on getting it stickied...

[sup] with my help... muahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaGH *Coughs* [/sup]

Do we have any Cough syrup...?

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Good read I really hope it helps develop my own RPing as it does any one else s you can always do better

the moon

Jun 15, 2009
Does anybody else think RP'ing is a bit like acting out a play that you write as you go along.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
the moon said:
Does anybody else think RP'ing is a bit like acting out a play that you write as you go along.
That is basically what it is, as we're playing different characters to ourselves or, in short, acting.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
It should also be noted that it is entirely acceptable to have your character wear a long, badass coat, and that making them very, very hard to kill is entirely fine. They should, however maintain a degree of weakness, and thus humanity, else it becomes impossible for people to relate to the character, and they in essence become boring.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
^Mimi said:
Read it and it gave some great tips on how you should adequately roleplay, so good work there Higurashi!

Only thing I noticed is that the add-on you linked is in..Swedish? That kinda threw me off but it's a minor thing. Great job. ^_^
Thank you. Any help I can provide gives me motivation to continue.
Yes, it is. I can not access the English pages for the add-ons, and it's exceedingly annoying. But at least you can take the name and search for it yourself.

Thank you, everyone else, for your kind words and encouragement. They give me motivation and make me smile every time I read them. High-five, Krunky. o/*

szs0061

Mar 21, 2009
thanks this thread really helped me out now i may actually get into the whole forum rp thing

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
First time i ever ever skulked around these parts and ive been round a while, nice work, i shall treat it like my bible, and try to do the RP's Proud.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
maskerade32 said:
ok im a newb at RP's so you know but......
what is an OP????
The GM of the RP will usually write a large Opening Post to introduce the story and set the characters up for their opening posts.