Ever had a nickname?

theAlfaBlade

Jan 24, 2012
Once while we were studying the Greek gods, the teacher call my name and after he was explaining alpha and omega,someone picked up that it sounds similar to my name(Alfred-Alfa *shrug*)even though it's spelled alpha.After that my close friends call me by that nickname.

My family calls me Alfredito

A surfer girl I used to know called me black cat because I mimiced a stray black cat when I was little.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
My name is Nicholas. People call me Nick.

My last name is Schmidt. People also call me Schmidty.

Other than that, Raspberry for some assodd reason

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
The only nickname I somewhat have is Gerry. I got it from Mount & Blade: Warband. Online, I use the ever so creative name of 'Geralt_of_Rivia' and a few of the regulars on the server I frequent started calling me Gerry for short. It's pretty recent though. Whether it sticks around beyond the game or not remains to be seen.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
My name is Jamie I've been called Jammie (hated it) Jimbob, didn't care for this but as I got older I realised it was kind of a stupid nickname.

Now it's the Don because of my surname (Costello) I eventually just went along with this one or a peronal favourite by people who've just recently learnt my surname. "HEY Coosstello" used by people who coulnd't be bothered to remember my first name. And then there is the people who just call me Jamie, I call these people my friends.

So I don't mind nicknames unless it's something stupid but at the end of the day I rather people just call me by my first name.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I'm mostly known as my surname (Bass) by my school friends, and a few jokesters have used various fish-variations of nicknames, but none stuck.

Dawns Gate

May 2, 2011
My last name is Boothman

Lots of people call me "Boots"

At least it has nothing to do with children's television

Dec 14, 2009
hulksmashley said:
Daystar Clarion said:
My name is Ashley.

My friends call me Ash.

My friends have sucky imaginations.
My name is also Ashley, but I've never let my friends call me Ash, because I am not a pokemon trainer.
*Dons hipster glasses.*

I was being called Ash before it was cool.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
my main nick names are JC and Little John, mostly little john because im extremely fat but also younger than the other two johns

btw anyone else pissed that their nick name is longer than their real name?

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Noony on account of my last name being Noon.

Rip on account of my middle name being Ripley.

Scouse on account of me being from Liverpool (but no longer living there or that would just get confusing). That was mainly used in the army though. Only my close friends use it now and they served with me anyway.

And my wife and kids call me sir ..... in those dreams where i'm boss of the house.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Most people call me Jen, not really original there, but the only nickname I can't stand is Jenny. My grandparents used to call me that and I would still answer, but I wasn't going to correct them since that would be rude.

I do have a few friends that call me Fiz.

As well as a different group of people where I have multiple nicknames, I've lost count, and that goes with them too. Our actual names rarely get mentioned too, makes for introductions to new people rather awkward sometimes.

Final First

Feb 13, 2012
The only nickname I've ever had was "Final" by internet buddies and people that never even seen me before (I use this name on almost everything online). I'm so used to being called that that when someone uses the word "final" regularly in a sentence I almost look and say "What?" before I realise they're not talking to me.

Other than that I'm just called by my first name.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
My real name is Hugh. Only my ex has ever called me Huey. And my friend calls me "Hueby Deby" Hue-beh-dew-beh.

Daystar Clarion said:
My name is Ashley.

My friends call me Ash.

My friends have sucky imaginations.
Speaking of my ex's nick name ;_;

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Rodney - Supposedly resemble Rodney Trotter from Only Fools & Horses
Longneck - Tall
Johnny Bravo - First name, minus h
Johnny Allen - I had this long, black business-y coat. People said I looked like a 30s mobster in it. Johnny Allen was a criminal on a TV soap at the time. Usually wore similar coats.
John-T - I don't know why
Spaceman - I tended to look either half asleep or under the influence of drugs at school. Especially during the Summer months when I almost uncontrollably itched my eyes so that they were extremely bloodshot and had to squint to be able to see for the rest of the day.

None of them have stuck apart from Rodney, which a few mates still use.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
Doctor Balance, Doc Balance, and Doc, all gifted to me by a former debate parent and still used within that sphere. It's the one I use pretty much everywhere.

I've also been referred to as The Roc on occasion, since it was established my former partner and I were the Jay-Z and Kanye West of debate.