Ever had a nickname?

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
My first name is John, named for my maternal Grandfather whom everyone calls Jack. Hence, everyone calls me Jack as well. I've been called Jack my entire life, and in fact I get an awkward feeling when people refer to me as John outside of government forms and roll call sheets.

Although now that I'm in the military everyone just refers to me by my last name.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
TheYellowCellPhone said:
My name is Nicholas. People call me Nick.

My last name is Schmidt. People also call me Schmidty.

Other than that, Raspberry for some assodd reason
You are two thirds of the male cast of "New Girl".

My coworkers call me ghost because that's what I told them my name was.

They didn't question it in the slightest and I never have to do taxes.

bkrockwell

Aug 4, 2009
My brother and a few of his friends called me "Stiny" for a while. That came from the Strong Bad email of the same name. We actually called each other Stiny, come to think of it, but I was outnumbered and got stuck with the nickname for a while.

Beldaros

Jan 24, 2009
"Officer He-she" When I was a prison officer, I had long hair.

The intent was to break me, but I tell people they can call me that whenever they want.

Also Doddy, because, well, that's how nicknames work.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
My username is a nickname my best friend gave me.
A lot of people called me "Jackass" when I was like 12-13, because I did crazy stunts... like in Jackass.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Jesus, which came about by playing basketball, and which definitely had no correlation to my skill at playing basketball or to my looks. It lasted a surprisingly long time for a nickname which has no basis in anything

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
When I played baseball in high school I was given the nickname Eeyore because I sort of speak in a monotone and apparently sounded like Eeyore.

Tri313

Oct 28, 2010
Charles is ALWAYS turned into Charlie...and I guess Tri as well cause I just use that everywhere.

[Jim Sterling is one sexy beast and I'd like a Gravity Rush T shirt]

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
My name is Christopher but most people call me Chris...Though I have had a number of nicknames: White, Crispy Nipple, Chris Pickle, Lord Thundersocks (that one might have been me...) or Talis. There's a story behind most of them but none I'm going to bother telling

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I've had few, but they're all dead now. Thank gods for that, too. I hate nicknames. Shortening my name is alright, just don't change it.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
'You limey bastard'
Because I'm a limey bastard.
But seriously, my name is Allan, so my occasional nickname is Al. Obviously.
Because creativity is sorely lacking from my peers.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
My username is my nickname. I moved schools in late primary school and got it there and all through highschool. So many people used it a lot of people didn't even know my real name.

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
Back during my service (and still today in some occasions) I was referred to as Eki by my peers and squad (thanks to my yet-to-be-revealed last name), and as Sir by every other recruit.

Whenever us NCOs have our little gatherings, hearing them call me that is oddly refreshing. Makes me miss the missus too. Never had a misfire with her, not once.

Taldeer

Apr 15, 2009
I tend to compartmentalize groups of friends, and in most of them I don't have a nickname, but one particular group ended up calling me Kuma-san or Master Bear. I used to be really fat, but I've gotten that under control lately, so I'm significantly less bear-like nowadays, but the nickname stuck. I like it. :)

keiji_Maeda

May 9, 2012
Was called K2, started out because i was the second person with the same named K-surname, but on account of me being fat it was mutated into K2, the mountain (-_-*)

When i was blonded i was called Tintin and blondz....i'm starting to see pattern regarding lack of imagination for nicknames among teenageboys and gurrlz.

Now i'm mostly called my tag, or toffee....'Cause i'm just soooo damn sweet or somesuch nonsense.

Atlantos

Jul 12, 2010
I was "Paco" for most of my childhood. My middle name is Francis, which in Spanish is Francisco and that got shortened to Paco. How exactly that came about I can't say.

At my college (high school for you yanks), it was traditional for one to have two nicknames. You were known by your surname to the teachers and people who didn't know you well, by one of your nicknames to most of your friends, and by another to your very closest friends. For example, the majority of people either called me "Smith" or "Smithy". Only about five people were ever allowed to call me "Smudger".

Nowadays, I only ever get called by my first name.