Ever had a nickname?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
My name is Nicholas. I hate the nickname "Nick" so my friends called me Olas instead. Now Olas is part of my username.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
I somehow got the nickname "Wolfbane" during a week at what could technically be called band camp. I honestly don't know how or why I got that name.

SquirePB

Apr 5, 2011
I get called Fingers... It's from a dirty paintball joke I told when I first moved into halls at uni and the name just stuck.

keve4433

Not totally insane....YET!!!
Dec 9, 2009
My dad calls me "Bucket" for reasons I don't fully understand. I had someone take to calling me "Pickles" again for reasons I'm not to sure of. Kennoo is what I go by on the interwebs so I guess that's my "official" nickname.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
My sister calls me Nerd Girl for obvious reasons.
My parents and grandparents called me `Fidget` through most of my childhood (I can't sit still).
And everyone I know has at one point called me `Luce` (my name is Lucy), though I've never once asked to be called that.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
I get called Chesh by the county rugby boys.

Short for Cheshire cat, i got dubbed this as im silhent when i play rugby but have a slightly manical grin and laugh when i rake someones hands with me boots for hands in a ruk.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
My friends call me zombie because of the color my skin gets when it's cold (I am quite pale)

My brother calls me Jame which is short for James

And a few people call me Sheldon even though i am not smart but apparently look like him when my hair is cut

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
I've had two nicknames so far. The first was Dildo, I'm guessing because my name was Dylan. The other one which I got later was Grimy. That's because I did some shady stuff to get what I wanted, or to protect a friend. Usually coupled with Grimy Bastard or Grimy son of a *****. Eventually people started calling me Grimy. No I wasn't called Grimy because I was dirty.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I got called Crysis in school thanks to me coming second place in a local Crysis tournament and getting my photo in a gaming magazine. Got quite annoying at the end.

Also got called Harry Potter after I acted in the school play as Harry. It was a Romeo and Juliet/Lord of the Rings/HP/Pimp My Ride (really!)/Star Wars crossover parody thing. Lost the recording though, which is sad.

The best nickname award goes to my friend though. We all called him "Frank the Flying Fish Which tastes Like Lemons". We started off with just "Fish" and built it up over the next two years.

Phasmal said:
And everyone I know has at one point called me `Luce` (my name is Lucy), though I've never once asked to be called that.
Generally with nicknames, noone asks to be called it. At first at least!

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
This is my nickname. (I want to get my name changed to Easton Dark so bad)

I designed it myself, do you like it?

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
In lower highschool I was called Marine because apparently my haristyle was similar...

In later highschool I got the nickname: "Daemon" because I thought relgion was a joke and I went to a anglican school.

Now at uni They're still trying to give me one that I will respond to other than my first name.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
SomeLameStuff said:
Phasmal said:
Generally with nicknames, noone asks to be called it. At first at least!
What I meant was more... um, everybody has ended up calling me that, just on their own.
My family calls me it, and I never told my boyfriends family that, and they ended up calling me it too. I know its just a shortening of my name but my name is not exactly a long one in the first place.

TheKaduflyerSystem

Feb 15, 2011
Almost all my friends and co-workers are Resident Evil fans, so the moment I walk in I'm faced with: Good morning Chickenheart
or just Chicken

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Nope, I have such a unusual, bizarre, and short first name no one ever felt the need to give me one. It's so unusual I don't use it ever online, as it could really easily be used to identify me IRL (seriously, there are barely double-digit numbers of "me-s" in the entire US.) Used to hate my name so much, always being asked to spell it and such. But I've gotten over that. Mostly because I refuse to spell it anymore.

"Can you spell your first name please?"
"No, I refuse... whatta ya going to do about it?"
It's funner than it sounds.