Ever had a nickname?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
I was Burtle at school (a play on my surname - Burton), which gradually evolved into Turtle. At university, I was nicknamed Wench by the fencing club. (Leading to hilarious shouts of "Oi! Wench! We're leaving!" across various pubs on nights out.)

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
I'm either called Nick because my name is Nicholas or Rudy because my last name is Ruedy and I played football last year.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
The Dark Knight, because my last name is Knight and that was about time the movie came out.
With my first name being Justice, I was often called the Justice League and "Just Ice".
My friends are a black hole for creativity.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
My friends call me Ad, because they're too lazy to say Adam, and everyone else calls me Gow, which is annoying because I have an identical twin brother, so we never quite know who people are calling for sure. I call my twin several variations of Daniel, but not Daniel, I call him Dan, Danny, Danny-Boy, Dan-Dan-Danny, Dandini, Dan-Dan-the-dandy-man, Danathor, etc, all of which really, really piss him off, but I'm bigger than him, so I get away with it.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Um, I've had a few.

Other than about a million variation on my real name, I was nicknamed bolt due to my prominence on the track team and when I occasionally played running back. I was also nicknamed stretch due to my extreme flexibility. Creative nicknames they were not.

Hazzaslagga

Sep 18, 2009
My nickname is Slag. It is nothing to do with the common usage of slag it was just a weird science lesson. This also led to my username.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I got tons, my username being lame example of it.

Fuck me if i knew i was gonna be staying on escapist this long I'd have picked something cooler :\

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Patrick Buck said:
Xaio30 said:
"Sandy Swedish Barbarian".

Don't ask. Please.
I'm asking.
I'm putting it out there. I'm breaking the rules.
Why is your nickname "Sandy Swedish Barbarian"?

(I'm sorry.)
I am Swedish.
People in Sweden are uncivilized barbarians.
Sweden is also full of sand.
We invented the sand-mower.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
in the coarse of my school and sorts career I had
Big Al (Im a big dude and my name is Alex)
White Castle (Football and Wrestling coach just started calling me this and it stuck)
Crave Case (most common thing i was called in high school. Started in football and that what most the people in my school called me
Cravens (my last name)
Double Nickle (my football number was 55 and my head coach called me this to get my attention)

duster88

Feb 24, 2012
I have two diffrent nicknames. One of my friends thought i looked like a mouse, so he would always call me '"the cheese". My other nickname is babyshoes, because i used to only wear velcro sneakers, and would put them on with my heel sticking out.

bro1667

Jul 21, 2010
well as a joke some people for a while called me SS (my intials)
kinda akward in public, though it stopped shortly after a while

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I've had a few nicknames over the years, but none of them ever stuck for very long.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
My name is Kristoffer so my friends called me Krissi.
as the years went by, they found out that Kristoffer was a pretty common name and that Krissi was a common nickname, so they decided to call every Kristoffer by their last name. so for the last four years I have been called Martinsen.

oh, wait. almost forgot about last year. Some girls in my class thought that I wasn't a Kristoffer. I was more of a Martin. so at first they thought I should change my name to Martin Kristoffersen, and then they tried Kris Martin and they seemed to like that one because to them that's who I was for a year.
and that sucks because now I answer if I'm called Krissi, Martinsen and Kris Martin. I have too many nicknames-.-

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Real name is Alexander, nickname is Alex.

Or Alek for my WoW-guildmates (main character called Aleksandr).

Or Rod-your-ass because my last name Röjerås apparently sounds funny for them, damn Brits.

Also get's called Llama quite a bit because my Gamertag on Xbox Live and nickname on most computer games is White Lama.