Ever had a nickname?

MaxiP62

Jul 10, 2011
My name is Maxi, but my full forename is Maximino (Spanish father)

So a couple of friends call me Mino. Doesn't bother me, quite like it in fact.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
My name is Joe
People call me "Joey"

My Xbox live gamertag is lordjobeyku (please don't spam it), some close friends occasionally call me "lordchubbyjew" or just "chubbyjew", I am only one of those things (Tip: Im not jewish)

Conn1496

Apr 21, 2011
I've had too many nicknames...
Conn, Conker, Concon, Condom, Crookes, Crookesy, Assclown... All genuine nicknames, and that's not even the full list.

Most people just tend to call me Connor now, thank god. XD

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
My name is Ashley.

My friends call me Ash.

My friends have sucky imaginations.
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll catch 'em all eventually.

Equally, it might fit because you're impossible to burn.

OT: My username is my most prominent nickname. I have my family bestowed one, JD, that I shit you not is passed to every other generation (D being my middle initial). In college, I'm referred to as "Jackie Binns". The other common one is Binnsy. I did spend a day being called Meraxes, Bringer of the End Times a couple of years ago.

And because of a word I half finished writing, I was once called Arg.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
I'm skewbald, so when I grew my hair out I have a pale stripe, so ended up being called Badger for years.

Other than that people just stick with Will, or shitface on account of the facial disfigurement (most of those get a kicking though).

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Hammy Sammy when I was a kid. I've since told off most people who called me that. Only my mom says it now, and I usually call her something less polite in return. (Which is fine, since we're the type of family that does that.)

Otherwise, it's Sammie a lot.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
My name is Ashley.

My friends call me Ash.

My friends have sucky imaginations.
They should call you an "Ashhole" or "Dat Ash".

Most of my nicknames have been about my size. My dad used to call me "Squirt" when I was a child. One my mom's friends calls me "Al" which I hate. My name doesn't get shortened, it's already conveniently shortened.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My ass of a friend decided to put an y at the end of my surname (I won't reveal it) which make it sound more like a pet (as in animal) friend. Needless to say I hated him for that.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
My name is Daniel, but in Sweden it automatically makes people call you "Danne". We do that with a lot of the names here.
Apart from that; yes, I've had a few nicknames. One that shouldn't be mentioned, which I later changed to Daniel Brown. The alias I use on the internet.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
A lot of people in my graduating class call me Will I Am, like the rapper. I don't mind it, and I've had that nickname since the 7th grade.

I don't have very many nicknames other than that. Some people call me Willie and stuff like that, but it happens very rarely.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
DanielBrown said:
One that shouldn't be mentioned, which I later changed to Daniel Brown. The alias I use on the internet.
Was it Daniel Frown? Turn that frown...into brown?

AppleShrapnel

Jan 2, 2010
Was just Michael for years and years... wasn't until I started working an overnight shift at a Walmart just a few years ago I got my first real nickname. :D

Hair was down past my shoulders a bit, light goatee and, perhaps most importantly, I was very quiet. So one of the loud (but fun) associates started calling me Manson [footnote]Not after Marilyn Manson, but Charles Manson.[/footnote]. It stuck, and I wore it with an odd degree of pride... over the couple years I worked there, a few people mutated it into their own version, so I was also called Chuck every now and again. :p

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
I would like to direct you from to the left of this text (or just my user name), it is derived from surname, and avoids confusion with other people with the same first name as me.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
My name is Heather, but my boss calls me Heath. I HATE IT.

However I do have the nickname Sissy. Lots of people call me that and I often offer it up as my main name. :3

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
I've always just been called Boy or Boyo, due to being the only boy among my 5 sisters.
I have 2 brothers now(thank god), but the name stuck.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
"That creepy dude in the bushes" is a nickname I've never really understood... But seriously, I have a long Norwegian last name, and my god... the variants... I won't go into details, but with 12 letters in the name, there are a LOT of them. I also respond to Mark, because I have a twin brother and the person calling out "Mark" actually means me ~1/2 the time... We're fraternal for craps sake.
Daystar Clarion said:
*Dons hipster glasses.*

I was being called Ash before it was cool.
You're over 30 and still dropping /hipster? Or is Evil Dead so obscure you've never heard of it?
Scarim Coral said:
My ass of a friend decided to put an y at the end of my surname (I won't reveal it) which make it sound more like a pet (as in animal) friend. Needless to say I hated him for that.
Is your name Skipper? Because Mr. Skippery sounds like a great name for a pet rock.
mr. awesome said:
SckizoBoy said:
mr. awesome said:
My name is Pontus, people call me "Ponne" or "Pony"(They don't even know I watch that show.)
...?! Your name as quite some potential for nicknames... the main one that comes to mind being 'Euxeinos', that'd be rather amusing...

How can "Euxeinos" be a nickname for "Pontus"?

They are not similar in any way! And Euxeinos is longer and more complicated to say, on top of that!
A quick google search shows that Euxeinos Pontus is latin for the "Hospitable Sea", the greek nickname for the Black Sea. Dude's going biblical on you. I don't see how hospitable is in any way a decent nickname though...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, I've had a few. I once earned myself the nickname "Doorman" because while on this educational camp-like thing I had the tendency to hold the doors for the entire group.