Ever listen to music while you play?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Of coarse I know most games Id rather not where atmosphere is important but somtimes it can work

Fallout 3 new vegas- while playing it was fun to listen to classic western movie music (like stuff from ennio morricone) playing "extacy of gold" while taking on a group of enclave solders was particually epic

Far cry 2- playing "circle of life" you know from the lion king, is both hilarious and epic

Darksiders- Indestructible by disturbed fits quite well

decaINNERdence

Jul 5, 2010
I found myself listing to a lot of disturbed, drowning pool, mudvayne, linkin park, and godsmack. whilst playing the halo series on legendary. The Music got me hyped to play, and i kicked a lot of ass while doing it.

EDIT: Oh and also Breaking Benjamin. "Blow Me Away".

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I listen to music if I'm doing something boring in gaming, like trekking halfway across a game's map, or grinding.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
When I play Halo:Reach multiplayer, I listen to two albums.

Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy

Some Random Album Title - Deadmau5

drakan4o

Sep 9, 2010
I rarely listen to music while i play because usually the games themselves have awesome soundtracks: (Fallout,Starcraft 2,the Witcher) but if i play a shooter, which is usually dead silence, i listen to some adrenalin pumping music (usually from other games :D )

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
In most singleplayer I don't really, since music is an important immersion factor. The keyword here is most, as there are exceptions to this rule, those being games I know in and out and have played multiple times. These include the KoTOR and Baldur's Gate series, to name a few. Granted, having text and subtitles help, since you can still follow what's going on at a specific moment, regardless of it being spoken or not. Oh, and also Super Meat Boy, I usually play that, when the various trance radio shows I listen to airs.

Now, multiplayer are another deal. I used to play BF1942 with music on, especially Stalingrad, under another nick than I usually played, just doing various stupid stuff and having fun. Nowadays, whenever I play WoW, I almost always play with the ingame music and sound effect turned down, and play with only my music on. The exception here is whenever a new dungeon or something comes out. Hearing the new music, which there usually is, is nice, at least to begin with.

And as a final note, it's almost always trance or trance-related genres I listen to, when I listen to my own music.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Chevelle goes good with any racing game.
Tool fits FUEL like a glove, almost too good.
The Halo Soundtrack works for Mass Effect, but not the other way around.
Any form of metal (NOT screamo) make Gears of War instant fun, but throw music on while playing Rainbow Six of Call of Duty and it gets quite distracting.

Ryuu814

Feb 25, 2010
I just hook my 360 to my laptop, put on my turtle-beaches and listen to whatever plays XD
Might make an exception tonight when I play Dead Space 2...I'm stuck on the final boss with little ammo but I gave up last night because I was tired but before then I think I sussed out a plan of attack.

So tonight It'll be me...my head-set...and this fing awesome fight tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au0Dj0OhsKI

but back on topic, I'll listen to anything with my headset during the night ^_^

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
My Chemical Romance helps me get into the swing of things. Especially playing NANANA! while gouging out a helghast's eyes with my thumbs :)

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I tend to listen to music when playing...generally something upbeat and inappropriately cheerful while shooting things.

Gamer_152

Mar 3, 2011
If it's an MMO or a game I've played through before, yeah, I'll listen to music or podcasts while playing.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Vault101 said:
Of coarse I know most games Id rather not where atmosphere is important but somtimes it can work

Fallout 3 new vegas- while playing it was fun to listen to classic western movie music (like stuff from ennio morricone) playing "extacy of gold" while taking on a group of enclave solders was particually epic

Far cry 2- playing "circle of life" you know from the lion king, is both hilarious and epic

Darksiders- Indestructible by disturbed fits quite well

Wow, Ennio Morricone is perfect for that game. I need to try that now...

Anyway, I don't normally. If I could attach moods to certain songs, then the game could play them at the right moments. In a gunfight? Pantera time! Driving around? BRMC or Kyuss time!