Ever lose faith... in humanity?

Slick Samurai

Jul 3, 2009
I never had faith in humanity, but not because someone screwed up, or acted idiotic, or liked something that I don't. But really because humanity is humanity, it doesn't change and it never will. Every human on the face of the planet has one sole purpose that drives them to do what they do every day: self happiness. Whether doing something they enjoy makes them happy, or making others happy makes them happy, they still just want true happiness. Whether someone is different they feel are invading on their attempts at happiness, or they just want to do something unique. Humanity never changes, and neither does my opinion of them.

Sir_Tor

Nov 29, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU
Yes! I think I've said enough.

crimsonshrouds said:
I recently joined a Swedish forum that took my faith in humanity down lower than what I thought was possible, called Flashback.
For the uninitated, it's a very broad Swedish forum that concerns everything more or less. Free speach.
Think of Flashback as 4chan.. Most of them are doing it "for teh lulz".

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
ninjajoeman said:
hittite said:
Well, this was recently brought to my attention. For those of you who thought we got rid of this sort of thing back at the American Civil War http://www.slaverymap.org/
wait it says bondage what do they mean by that?

also is that a Dalmatian upside down mushroom with a knife for your avatar?
either that or I have been eating to many mushrooms...
Click on some of the little boxes, the ones with ! give details about them.

As for my avatar, it's a just a cute, fuzzy mini-lop rabbit... with a switch blade.

edit: I just got what you were asking, no it means people kept against their will.

Aug 3, 2008
I was in subway and the man in front of mm made his order. The women behind the counter asked if he would like a 6" or a foot long and he said 'What's the difference?'

I know the UK are on metric but wow, you should at least know the difference.

Benj17

Mar 10, 2009
N-Dubz get to number one

i lose all faith in mankind and question if there is a god

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Of course, it's a part of growing up into becoming a genuine misanthrope like me. :)

But please, don't confuse me with some gloomy, depressed and whiney little ***** who just claims to "hate mankind" because he wants to be "alternative" or something. Im probably the most cheerful misanthrope in the world actually. :D

Im the kind of person who laughs merrily at the prospect of World War 3 and feel great joy when I hear news of extreme amounts of casualties in warfare.

People are a disgusting species after all, and all we can hope for is that we exterminate ourselves completely. But there's no reason to be depressed about it, is there? :)

Apr 24, 2008
Your way of thinking hinges on the idea that things should be a certain way.

Idealism is just fantasy. I can understand wanting things to be different. But insisting that things "should" be different, or a certain way...is just folly.

GameOverGoblin

Feb 3, 2010
I lost my faith a long time ago. Every time I turn on the TV, I die a little inside. Every time I go on iTunes and check on popular music, I die a little inside. Every time I see any news about stupid people doing crazy shit (which is all the time) I die a little inside.

Nov 27, 2009
Twad said:
Right now, everything seems to work to keep the statu-quo in place.
Welcome to the human condition.

OT: Some people do bad shit, some people do good. The only 'faith' I have is that humanity shall forever remain human.

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
Yes, derp.
Especially when Pop Star Teenagers get popular, like Justin Bieber or the Jonas Brothers.
But sometimes they do some cool shit and it lifts my spirits a little, for example:

razbuten363

Jun 23, 2009
Funny you bring this up, tomorrow will be the 2 year anniversary of the day my first girlfriend broke up with me (no, there isn't anything creepy with saving the date, why do you ask?). The breakup made me lose all faith in mankind. So, here's to two years of being distrustful and a generally angry person.

Nov 27, 2009
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
Your way of thinking hinges on the idea that things should be a certain way.
Exactly.

An utopian world will never exist, the human condition won't let it be so, and treat human beings as if it can is flawed from the outset.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I was smart enough to never have faith in humanity or anything we do in the first place, so no.

Mr.Lucifer

Nov 1, 2009
Wouldn't that mean you're just as big a bastard as your fellow man. Expect nothing out of humankind, including bad things. We're too complex to be consider good or evil as a whole. You're being naive when you come to despise your own race. You have to learn that we lost our innocence when we became sentiental. Any species would be like us if they became fully evolved creatures.

So seriously, this "Mankind is evul" bullshit pisses me off. All I have to that type of person is go kill yourself and you'll contribute to the solution.

Stephanos132

Sep 7, 2009
To those who say they never had any faith: Pull the other one, you've never, ever been grateful for the presence of friends or the gift of knowledge from your teacher?

There's a lot wrong with humanity, sure, but there's plenty enough right. If you feel so aggrieved, do something to balance the evil you so readily perceive. Volunteering, charity work/donations, show that you can represent the good of man.

nomadic_chad

Feb 12, 2010
The constant march of teen stars, celebrities' over-inflated sense of how important they are (mostly thanks to their dingbat fans), political parties that don't realize that moderation is key to improving things and that sticking to their party lines is a surefire way to befuck the nation.

Oh..and reality shows suck the fattest, pimpliest, hairiest ass ever. People really need to stop watching reality shows.

I have lost nearly all faith in humanity.