Everyone's hating on Nickelback

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
[HEADING=1]I FUCKING LOVE NICKELBACK[/HEADING]

No, really. I do.

Dark Horse was a great album, I don't care about the musical tastes of others. Mostly it will be a spoonfed opinion from a group of friends that turns into a circle jerk.
I'm not really a Beiber fan but I love that new song by Beebz and Niki Minaj, speaking of whom her song "Starships" has a phat beat drop in it.

You see people, we don't have to wail and holler about how bad shit is these days and then post up some old denim, hair metal and point to the good ol' days of rock and roll.
Rock is just full of a bunch of hang ups and nostalgia glasses to the glory days.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
MorganL4 said:
THIS is what started the Nickelback hate:
Yeah, that video is actually completely fake. The version of Someday [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VMFdpdDYYA] used is pitch-shifted up one semitone to put it in the same key as How You Remind Me, and the version of How You Remind Me [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M] used has had sections cut out to make it fit better with Someday. By that logic, Blink-182 were essentially re-using the same song when they wrote The Blowjob Song [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5gSq5QIxmE], All The Small Things [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ht5RZpzPqw] and M+Ms [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZs88WWGDoo].

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
This was a verbatim conversation with my mom:

Mom: I didn't know people hated Nickelback.
Me: Because they suck!
Mom: Well, I just don't like Chad Kroeger. He's always singing about how there are women crawling all over him, and I think he's gross looking.

So there's that as well. Chad Kroeger is gross looking.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I don't give a shit, I don't listen to the radio. I listen to my MP3s. I do know that Nickelback is on a near-constant CHOM 97.7 FM rotation in some form or another, thanks to three weeks I had to spend with a renovation contractor who didn't listen to any other station.

They're somewhat generic. Just another Guitar Rock band with lyrics about living the good life or being sorry for hurting some hypothetical woman or significant other. Just like Hoobastank did the same thing for the Punk/Pop scene with "The Reason". Neither of these bands are especially incompetent, they're just terribly, terribly bland. Probably the safest record deal anyone could ever make. Like, say, Celine Dion's English-speaking career.

Take her stuff, for instance. It's the same fucking thing over and over again. Love, faith, love, faith, breaking up, independence, love, faith, WHEE, LET'S SPICE THINGS UP WITH A ROMANTIC BALLAD! Love, faith, breaking up, faith IN SOMEONE because hey, gotta mix things up a little; love, OHMIGAWD I'M A MOTHER NOW THIS IS SO AWESOME! Love, faith, breaking up...

<youtube=rKMMCPeiQoc>

Right on, Vaas, my man.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
they are just generic...boring and at worst obnoxious, part of my hate somes from them being popular when I was younger

plus the lead singer has a face so punchable

Loethlin

Itchy Witch
Apr 24, 2011
Uszi said:
So there's that as well. Chad Kroeger is gross looking.
Back when he had long hair, he reminded me of a cocker spaniel.

Look at him, so eager to please the teenage girls cooing that his barking is so awesome.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
I enjoy some Nickelback. They aren't that bad. I used to like Linkin Park, but everything after Meteora has failed to click with me. I liked Dark Horse as an album.

Sure the songs were over sexualized and somewhat generic, but last time i checked, those guys are happy doing what they want. Thats a win in my book. Hating Nickelback is somewhat juvenile. Its like hating every single rap song, or every dubstep song, or techno or house or trance or hip hop or classical.

I like what i like and don't force it on other people.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
It's one of those bands I've heard of, and have probably heard before without realizing it on the radio in a store or something, but I couldn't honestly name any of their songs or tell you anything about them.

I don't really get people who hate on musicians, if it's not something you like why are you wasting your time on it? It's like Twilight, everybody seems to hate Twilight. I don't hate Twilight, I don't care about Twilight because I simply ignore Twilight and therefore am not bothered by Twilight.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Well fuck me backwards with a giant orange vibrator....

Linkin Park being called "sell outs" for making a song for a video game.

Excuse me while I tweet Brian May that Queen fucked up doing a soundtrack for Highlander.

But wait, Linkin Park did a song for Transformers, they MUST be scum...

Hold on here. Shirley Bassey did a song for James Bond. Legend? Her? Noooo, SCUM is what she is. How dare these people make music for other forms of entertainment.

How very fucking dare these people try and make money .... HOW FUCKING RUDE of them.

Nevermind that some of their music is decent .. NO .. we'll abuse them because, in our tiny minds, YOU "SOLD OUT". Nevermind that while we are abusing you we secretly have all your albums and jizz covered posters on our walls just like when we abuse Justin Beiber we really know the words to every single one of his songs.

Why do we do all this?

Because we're muppets, that's why.

Jesus fucking wept people .... get a damn grip.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I consider the band mediocre and wouldn't have even remembered it's name if it wasn't for two sets of people:

- 17/18 year-old girls dancing to the songs about sex and getting far too excited
- People moaning about Nickleback

That said, I haven't heard anyone even speak about Nickleback for about two years, so I don't know what 'recent' means in your books.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
A while back, a friend of mine told me that her favorite radio station- in order to prove a point about Nickelback- played three of their most popular songs (at the time) overlaid atop each other. She told me that the chords and general "flow" of the songs matched up almost perfectly.
You can find a mix of two of their singles, "How You Remind Me" and "Someday" on Youtube. The "mix" consists of putting one in one channel and the other in the other. Even the "yeahs" line up.

Lyri said:
[HEADING=1]I FUCKING LOVE NICKELBACK[/HEADING]

No, really. I do.

Dark Horse was a great album, I don't care about the musical tastes of others. Mostly it will be a spoonfed opinion from a group of friends that turns into a circle jerk.
I'm not really a Beiber fan but I love that new song by Beebz and Niki Minaj, speaking of whom her song "Starships" has a phat beat drop in it.

You see people, we don't have to wail and holler about how bad shit is these days and then post up some old denim, hair metal and point to the good ol' days of rock and roll.
Rock is just full of a bunch of hang ups and nostalgia glasses to the glory days.
Intentional irony?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
shameduser said:
Nickleback is the Nicolas Cage of music. That's why people hate them.
That's unfair. To nickelback, no less. Cage can't act, period. At least Nickelback know how to hit notes on their instruments.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
There definitely is a lot of bandwagon hate for them, but for the most part, they are just sort of average as a band by most accounts. I dont mind when their songs come on the radio, but I'm not excited about it either.

Mar 5, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
shameduser said:
That's unfair. To nickelback, no less. Cage can't act, period. At least Nickelback know how to hit notes on their instruments.
Nickleback is bad. So is Cage. But National Treasure wasn't a bad movie. I stand by my statement.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
shameduser said:
he can act...just under certain circumstances...

have you seen city of angels? perfect example of mis-casting

my god...one of the early scenes is just so glouriously WRONG its amazing...she meets him at night in a hospital ward (he's an angel and surprised she can see him) whats SUPOSED to come across as endearing and mysterious is fucking creepy...seriously lady THIS MAN HAS OBVIOUSLY ESCPAED FROM THE MENTAL WARD call security!