Explain your usernames

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Before I made accounts on websites like Youtube and The Escapist, I was playing Spore. I created this creature that I called the "scorpatious" and then I decided, hey, that would be a decent username. So I used it to create my account on Youtube. It was only right after I created my account that I added a "t" in between the "p" and "a".

And thus, scorptatious was born! :D

Arrogancy

Jun 9, 2009
iwinatlife said:
Twenty Ninjas said:
We could explain our username, but then we'd have to kill you.
but wouldnt you be more likely to kill me if there was only one ninja?
You fool! Those are only the twenty you see. For every ninja you see there are at least seven you don't see! Therefore there are at least 140 ninja ready to pounce when you least expect it!

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
My name is Jelle. I'm Dutch.

So yeah.

Been using this name since 2003 or something. Great way to attract fellow Dutch on the net, that's for sure. English people cant pronounce the Jelle properly and think it's Jelly .

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Name stems from an obscure reference to Vampire the Masquerade and my original online gaming handle from the DOOM/Quake days, which also stems from another White Wolf game, Mage: the Ascension.
Suffice to say I was a huge WW gamer in my late teens/early 20's until they trashed the WoD series and redid it. So my usernames are generally a reference to a "better time". Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
My name is Olas (short for Nicholas)

My last name starts with a D

And I am the almighty one who will save you all on the last day. Or I'm just full of myself.

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
I came home from watching the new Ghostrider movie at the discount theater. Later that day I decided to sign up for Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends Big Fat Awesome House Party, and I thought it would be cool to have Ghostrider be my username. It didn't work, so I remembered the song 409 so I wrote Ghostrider409, but that didn't work. Cartoon Network's website suggested Ghostrider409895, and I went with it. For some reason I have just continued with that into adulthood.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Twenty Ninjas said:
That number may be a bit decieving. Here is a picture of all of us. [http://i.imgur.com/enPe01q.jpg]
Uhm. Why does that look like a place not too far from my home? And why are there ninjas stealthing around there?
I demand answers not in the form of shurikens aimed at my throat.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
It's my surname, aren't many of us so it's usually free on sites like this. Easy to remember. Not just a pretty face, me

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
My name comes from the basic idea that humanity might destroy itself this century. Maybe not extinction, but the overall structure of world as it is today, won't last in my opinion.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Why, for that is what I am; a fool to he and they who will not let me have all fool to myself; they'll be snatching.

It's from the time when my love of the Bard of Avon was even greater than it is now. It's actually a realy good name, I think.

[sub]And of course, the little italic paraphrase of mine refers to my employers, as per my name. He he![/sub]

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
I'm a fan of Cyberpunk, and Kyber is the finnish translation of the word Cyber, pretty simple, isn't it?

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Cause I like the way it sounds. It's Swedish though with no direct translation to English. Basically it either means an nasty curse someone has fashioned out of bits and bobs, or an actual fairytale creature, like "vättar" and the like.

I sometimes wish I'd picked something more generic though... Just like with my real name I'm all that shows up really when you google it -_-;

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Nouw said:
One day I decided to stick a u in the word 'Now' because I thought why the hell not and BAM! A classic username was born.
Somehow I thought that was where you got it from but I thought it was too simple to be true. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer :p

OT: staika is derived from a miss-communication with my dad. We sometimes speak very broken german to each other and he said something that I remember is the translation of 'sucker' but time has proven that I was wrong. Though when he said it I thought he said staika. I liked the ring of it and it became my username for everything after that :p

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Mine is based off of the line "But, use this, to summon one another as spirits, cross the gaps between the worlds, and engage in jolly co-operation!", spoken by Solaire of Astora from Dark Souls. I love the phrase, and I use it for most of my usernames. It's a good name for playing online, since it reflects that I prefer to be a team player, rather than try to lone-wolf it.

Mr_Universal

Jun 29, 2009
Well Mr_Universal isn´t really a name I use on any other website, it was just something that popped into my head when I signed up for this website.

Usually my username is either "Strokemaster" or "Bustermaniax"... I usually go for something original that I have never seen anywhere else.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
first I just watched the videos on the Escapist. then I saw some forums. then I created an account so I could participate in said forms. forums are used for talking.

ah, trains of thought. what would I do without 'em.