Explain your usernames

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I was watching Death Note at the time, and I was playing Devil May Cry, so one day I decided to put the two together and came up with this phrase.

The brackets are there to make it look cool.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My username is just a fantasy name I made when I created my first character (and my favourite) in Guild Wars and when it come to creating a username on here, that name first come to my head.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
It's a piece of Gundam related media that I really like. Its story covers some of my favorite Gundam mobile suits. Plus, I sometimes have to shorten it to GundamSentNL, which is a bonus. :)

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
I'm named after a flat frog that I found on the road one day and decided to keep. It has a special place in my heart because I went to get it laminated during my first date with the now-Mrs-Flatfrog.

Gali

Nov 19, 2009
When I was a little girl, I used to play with a Lego set called Bionicles. One of them , in fact, was female (the blue one). So when I finally got the chance to interact with people online, I chose Gali as a username because I thought it was cool to name myself after a toy. T.T

TheYellowManalishi

Jul 16, 2013
There's a song I like by Fleetwood Mac (and covered by Judas Priest) called 'The Green Manalishi', and I got it into my head that it must have been taken, so I changed the colour.

Glorious, isn't it?

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Because when I see someone who is happier than me, bad things happen.

But seriously, I was an inside joke between me and my friends from a few years ago.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I used Omega in a lot of my previous online profiles. Mostly after Darkseid's Omega Beams. This is the first one where I added "Mr." to it, mostly out of mumbling to myself what I should put in front of it this time around, and it's become my default profile name ever since.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I'm a big fan of Norse mythology, so I wanted a username which reflected that.
There's not much more to say, other than Odin FTW.

WhitbyDragon

Jul 15, 2013
There's a mythical creature called the Whitby Wyrm that often gets depicted as a Dragon, my surname is Whitby and the Dragon thing was something My Mrs started. So WhitbyDragon it is.

If you ever get the chance to go to Whitby (the place!), do it, it's gorgeous and the Abbey of Dracula fame is really cool.

New World Fool

Feb 15, 2013
Mine's from Persona 4. It's the kick-ass music that plays when you fight Kumino Sagiri and the Killer. Plus I always thought it was a badass thing to call yourself. XD

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
So, as you can tell... mine is the famous line that wasn't actually in Sherlock Holmes stories, until one of the early TV adaptions... And now is one of the most famous miss-quoted lines there is!

My link to is is from my avatar... I grew a moustache when in the Middle East, and kinda became known for it at work... my moustache grows naturally in a trim, kinda pretentious way, and made me look like a 1940's pilot, or an 1800's gentleman. I was already a Sherlock Holmes fan, after reading the books when I was 9, and took on the name!

Splitzi

Apr 29, 2012
It's my nickname, which is pretty lazy considering it's one extra letter added on to my last name.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Couldn't you have rolled this in together with your avatar thread and perhaps used the search bar to see when these topics were last discussed?

OT: Abbreviation of a Neurosis song: The Eye Of Every Storm. Not may favourite song of theirs, but it works well for a user/character name.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
In high school I played football (the American kind)and my teammates gave me the nickname Z-Train. I was a running back and I was the only one on the team whose last name began with a Z.

At first I used the nickname as my username, but then I replaced the Z with Zeta since the letter Z (Roman)arose from Zeta(Greek). Basically I thought it made the name look and sound more...unique I guess.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Years ago, around the day of Heroes of Might and Magic 3, my friend's older brother used to go by the name 'juDas'. My friend then started tongue-in-cheekily going by 'jeBus'. Because I'm such a sheep I also wanted a Christian-themed name with an inappropriate capital, and for whatever reason this Christmas tree ornament stuck in my mind - a little wooden figurine with 'NOEL' written on it. Since it was only four letters I couldn't pump up the middle, so I went the other way and pumped up the ends.

And thus, I became 'NoeL'.

(btw, I'm not Christian and nor were my friends)

Aug 1, 2010
My favorite actor ever.

I was also semi-named after him. My parents knew they wanted me to be called "Sean" but they couldn't decide which spelling, so I got Connery's.

I think most people also don't know his first name is Thomas, so it puts a bit of a unique spin on it.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
It's one of those "came up with it when I was 13 but kind of stuck as my online pseudonym" deals.